HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This is a really nice cosy chalet with spectacular views of the valley high above the town. If the snow conditions is good you can even ski in and out of the chalet to the cabins linking to Verbier. Otherwise the baby slope is situated just above the house. Spend a wonderful week with the family in this property and highly recommended. However there was a few things that did left a little of a bad taste at the end of the week and that is all the hidden costs of the property
1) All the bedding is not included in the base price so you need to rent it extra at 18CHF per person.
2) Also towels at 8chf per person. Less of a issue because I normally take my own.
3) The property have a lovely fire place so you want to buy some wood. However the agent sells this at 25CHF per pack. Luckily we brought our own which we bought at a Jumbo for 7CHF per pack.
4) The 2 costs that is really an issue was the obligatory cleaning cost of CHF27 per person and the cost of the electricity. If you are 8 people the cost of the cleaning will be 216CHF alone. And don't think for that price the agent will take out the rubbish or anything. It is still your responsibility to basically clean the house completely. Furthermore the electricity will work out to another 200CHF for the week so be aware.
So my advise is to budget for these extra's upfront and add it to the base rate before you decide to book this accommodation. Even with the above complaints we found the accommodation decently priced.
Then 2 final comments
1) Beware there is a long and steep set of steps down to the chalet which is not cleaned by the agent if it snowed or icy. So it can be difficult for older guests and a mission to drag down your luggage.
2)And this one irritated me a lot hence why the bad rating for the on-site Service Book out on the Saturday is at 900 in the morning. This is already quite early comparing to all other accommodations which is normally at 10 or 11. However what we did not appreciate was the fact that the agent came knocking on my parents window at 730 in the morning while my mother was getting dressed to give us instructions how to clean the house/take down the bedding and that he wants to take the electricity reading. I am sorry, but that was not acceptable.