HomeAway.co.uk, the home of Holiday-Rentals®, is part of the HomeAway family. As the world leader in holiday rentals, we offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Casa Gecko is nicely decorated and furnished and well laid out but there were too many minor issues to give it a 5 star rating. We've stayed in lots of holiday villas so we don't expect everything to be perfect but this villa seemed to have an unusually long list of minor irritations.
To name a few:
- you have to park on the road i.e. there is no dedicated space so personally I would not describe that as having parking. We did always manage to find a space fairy close to the villa but it might be harder in the summer.
- the fact that you cannot put toilet paper down the toilets was not clearly explained. We've come across this before when on holiday but not when we had to empty the toilet bins ourselves.
- the appliances are getting old e.g. the fridge can be very hard to open sometimes and a puddle kept forming nearby plus the program information on the washing machine dial has been worn away so the only option was 50 degree wash. I have informed the management company so hopefully they will address this.
- there were problems with both the satellite TV and DVD player (we did contact the management company but they just showed us how to get the local channels – UK channels should have been available)
- and on a trivial note there were lots of clocks but none of them worked which kind of summed the place up!
The swimming pool is a good size and is in nice surroundings. It is heated though not as warm as I would have liked (in late October) but I know I am fussy in this regard.
On the plus side we stayed for 10 days and to our surprise a maid turned up halfway through to change the beds, towels etc.
Overall the villa is in a convenient location and we enjoyed our stay despite the niggles. The villa just needs a little TLC then it would be ideal.
Andrea was very welcoming & helpful. Location is fantastic no car needed! Las Flores has everything a self catering family needs. Pool was lovely & clean Absolutely spotlessly clean and would definitely stay here again. Thank you Andrea for having us.