|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Just completed renovation, be the first to stay here! Fantastic island retreat, completely remodeled in 2014. Gleaming hardwood floors, granite counter tops, new appliances, tiled bath and 42 inch flat screen tv, and free wifi are all part of your island retreat. 400 yards to fantastic ocean beach, walk to library and quaint Vineyard Haven. Large great room for entertaining. Fully equipped, waiting for you.
5 minute walk to beautiful beach.
Martha's Vineyard is the playground for the rich and famous, including US Presidents and movies stars. Join them on this fantastic island.
Leading up to my trip with my wife and 5 year old son the house seemed to be great and the owner was responsive, once we got there it was a totally different story. The week we stayed there it was hot so without air conditioning ceiling fans were the next best thing, the ceiling fan in the living room was running in reverse so it circulated the heat rather than cooling down the room and the remote to switch it didn't work. There was exposed unfinished drywall in the ceiling in the hallway that seemed to be letting heat in from the attic as well. As for the yard it looked like it hadn't been mowed or cared for in well over a month, there was broken glass in the backyard in multiple places as well as beer cans on the ground in the backyard so it made it so I couldn't play with my son outside. I reached out to the owner about the issues and he is now unresponsive and I've had to file a formal complaint with Homeaway and he remains unresponsive. There were safety issues that I feel the owner shouldn't be renting the house until they are cleaned up and straightened out, someone could cut themselves on the broken glass etc. We go to Napa every year and use Homeaway every year and have had great experiences, it's owners like this that ruin reputations of services like Homeaway because he clearly doesn't care about the people who he renting the house to. The couches are very old and need to be replaced as well and the silverware is dirty and old as well.
No complaints. The place was very nice and clean. Appears to be recently updated on the inside. We walked about a mile to the business district at night and felt safe. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in MV.
This house is well taken care of and clean. It's a great place to stay. We went for a girls' getaway and very much enjoyed our time there.
Here are major points:
- New kitchen appliances, including a dishwasher
- Pots, pans, plates, cups were all in usable condition
- Comfortable Beds
- Hardwood floors - no sandy gross floors
- Quiet street
- Washer and dryer in the basement
- The door is unlocked with a code so you never have to remember to carry keys
- Open windows and the overhead fans kept the place pretty comfortable
- Free Netflix and Pandora! There is a Roku there, we managed to log into one of our amazon prime accounts to watch Jaws.
- Free wi-fi - for when you HAVE to post those great vacation posts.
- The owner was so nice and easy to reach. He was wonderful to work with.
- Could use new silverware
- The couches are old and not very comfortable
- Only 2 small mirrors. This house could use a full length mirror.
Other things to keep in mind
- The outdoor shower is available but the area around it is not built yet. Since there is only one bathroom having this spare shower for post-beach rinse off will be really helpful.
- The beach and Vineyard Haven are 10-20 minutes away. It's a very nice walk but something to be aware of it you have small children or a hard time getting around. We didn't have a car but got around the island easily on the bus or in cabs or Ubers.
- We rented our linens from a place recommended by the owner. They were SO easy to work with. I would suggest this for anyone who doesn't want to deal with bringing their own.
Fantastic vacation retreat, in quiet neighborhood, but walking distance to everything!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£205|
Need to provide own linens or can arrange to rent linens.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.