|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Spacious & well appointed luxurious upper unit in a Spanish Revival style duplex located in the historic district of Los Angeles (Lower unit - VRBO Listing #500845). Very private.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Living Room, Breakfast Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Private front and rear entrances in 2,000 SF (185 meters squared) palatial setting
- Modern Central heating and air conditioning (NEST Controlled)
- Free Internet, WiFi and Satellite TV
- Each bedroom is appointed with estate pieces and flatscreen TVs
- Elegant design with fine art and antiques throughout the property
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, bean grinder, dishes, utensils, pots & pans
- Utilities included in rate - no hidden charges
- Master bedroom with king sized bed and 45" flat screen TV
- 2nd bedroom with queen sized bed and 40" flat screen TV
- 3rd bedroom with twin trundle bed & 40" flat screen TV
- Pillow top mattresses in main bedrooms
- High Quality 100% cotton linens
- High capacity front loading washer/dryer in unit
- Private, walled back yard with patio and water fountain - lounge chairs provided
- Ample street parking (restricted by permit which is provided)
- Garage (possibly) available for a fee
- Very well maintained historically protected property in Carthay Circle
- Hertz car rental one block away
- A block from Beverly Hills
- Walking distance to Temple Beth Am
- Minutes to Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- a short drive to The Grove, Melrose District and 3rd Street
- a short drive to the center of West Hollywood
- a short drive to UCLA
-10 minutes to Century City
- 20 minutes from LAX
Andrew loves all things vintage and restores things as a hobby. Pam was an art major at UCLA and has a critical eye for decorating. Together they love maintaining this classic LA style home in the historic South Carthay Circle District and hosting guests.
South Carthay is a historical district in Los Angeles located on the site of the former vegetable fields for Ralph’s Market. Residential development in the area began during the early 1930's. Almost half of the single-family dwellings in South Carthay were designed and built by Greek developer Spyros George Ponty, who built homes throughout Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. Ponty and other contractors constructed homes in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. The characteristic use of low-pitched red tile roofs, arched doors and windows, and smooth stucco exterior finishes provides visual continuity and cohesiveness to the neighborhood. South Carthay residences are exceptional for their quality construction, skilled craftsmanship, decorative detailing, and individuality — no two homes are exactly alike.
- Beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style duplex
- Distinct Architectural Details
- Hardwood Floors
- Vintage Furnishings
- Central Air Conditioning & Heat
- Internet / WiFi / Direct TV
- Washer / Dryer
- Full Kitchen
- Ample Street Parking
- Exceptional secluded patio and private gardens
- Close to Beverly Hills, Westwood, UCLA, Melrose District, the Grove, West Hollywood, Downtown LA, USC
- Hertz Rental one block away
We stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. Andrew is very quick to respond to our questions. The house is spacious and clean. It's close to all attractions. Considering LA's traffic, this is a huge advantage. We will definitely come back in the future.
We greatly enjoyed our stay at this spacious home. It was an excellent location to attend our daughter's graduation from UCLA and see the sights around LA. The backyard is wonderful and relaxing- great for hosting old friends for a barbecue!
This was a wonderful experience. We live in the neighborhood and needed a place to stay while our home is being remodeled. I had heard that Andrew rents his home and that it's really lovely. Totally correct! The upstairs unit is just lovely. Everything is just like it looks in the pictures...truly represent the property. The kitchen is well stocked and every need is taken care of. Dealing with Andrew and Pam the owners was delightful. They respond quickly and efficiently and were very helpful as was Sarah, the manager. Delightful to deal with. The backyard is just exquisite and we loved listening to the fountain at night. The neighborhood is great and extremely convenient. Can't say enough...will recommend this stay to everyone!
Our stay at Andrew's retro apartment was lovely. The overall building aesthetic, the large apartment, the furnishings - it was all reminiscent of 1920s to me - my husband and I loved it. The accommodations were up-to-date, but the feel was old Hollywood to us.
The manager who checked us in was friendly, efficient and helped take our excessive amount of luggage up the stairs. Thank you again!
The bedroom with the single beds is definitely for smaller children. The other two bedrooms were very comfortable for adults.
There were street parking passes for us to use - a must in LA.
Andrew provided an extensive list of eateries and activities. The location was good for our weekend family-event activities. (We could avoid the expressways!)
Everything was "as promised." We would definitely stay there again.
Gorgeous apartment. The pictures are very accurate. It is in a well maintained neighborhood, that is private yet you still hear sounds of the city. Very convenient to many of the popular L.A. destinations. You need a car to get to most of the action, but we found some really nice areas within walking distance. We would recommend trying the Sage Café in Culver City for amazing vegan food (we are not vegan, but loved it). Also the Ivy on the Ocean restaurant in Santa Monica was a great place to eat and celebrate New Years Eve. If you like to hike, the options are endless. We enjoyed the hike in Topanga Canyon to Eagle Rock, and in Griffith Park to the Hollywood sign. Shopping at the Grove, and eating in the Old Farmers Market is something to be experienced. There was plenty of room for our family of 4. Charm at every turn. Beautiful antiques and a feeling of "days gone by" in the amazing craftsmanship of this place. Andrew and Pam were very responsive and accessible to our concerns/needs from start to finish. It had pretty much all the conveniences of home, plus a private back yard. Unfortunately due to things out of our control, like unseasonably cold weather and renters below us that were heavy smokers that spent much of the same time outside when we were. It kept us from truly enjoying the backyard. It would not prevent us from renting this unit again, but it was an issue that bothered us, and may not be an issue for anyone else.
A week was not enough time, but we were very happy to have had this beautiful place to come back to after our days travels in the L.A. area. Thank you Andrew and Pam and Sarah sharing this beautiful piece of history with us.
The owner and his next door property managers were fantastic! We heard back from the owner in less than an hour after another company cancelled our other reservation less than 24 hours before we were to check into the other house.
This home is beautiful and is more spacious and bigger than the photos. The furnishings- think 1930's LA glamor! Everything was in working order and very clean. We cooked our Thanksgiving dinner here and although the oven is a classic (old) , it was big enough for s 14 lb. turkey!
The backyard is landscaped beautifully, including a lovely stone fountain, lots of chairs, 2 chaise long, and a table. Two pomegranate trees bore fruit!
This section is called Carthay ( or Carthay Circle) and our block was very quiet, although it's only one block in from La Cienega, a main drag. It's close to LACMA and not far from Fairfax and the Grove.
Kudos to Stew and Sarah, property managers, who immediately resolved a heating problem!
I EXPECT YO RETURN TO THIS HOUSE IN THE FUTURE!
Minutes away from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood, & 10 freeway.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£75|
Weekly, Monthly and Long term rates are available. Please inquire. For bookings cancelled up to 60 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 100% refund. For bookings cancelled up to 30 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 50% refund.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.