|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Contemporary design meets classic London in this newly-renovated period flat situated in the heart of the lively and desirable area of Angel, Islington, N1. This split-level city retreat is just a stone’s throw away from London’s nightlife, theatre and restaurants, and minutes away from London’s best attractions, giving you the perfect base from which to begin your authentic London experience. Clean, comfortable and equipped with all the amenities you need, plus impeccable service, the apartment is ideal for families, leisure or business travellers.
This exceptional 2 bedroom property will ensure your stay is comfortable, convenient and memorable.
• A master bedroom with a king-size bed, comfortable mattress and down pillows and bedding.
• A second guest bedroom, ideal for a couple or for 2 children, with 2 single beds that can be converted into a double queen-sized bed (5ft).
• The living room, ideal for a couple and for 2 children, with a sofa-bed and 1-2 single beds- luxury blow up beds
• A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
• A fully-equipped, modern kitchen with oven and hob, microwave, and complete with every appliance and utensil you need, including a blender and the latest Nespresso coffee machine with a selection of flavour capsules. A washing machine as well.
• A bathroom with a bath and shower, fresh towels, a hairdryer and a selection of luxury soaps and shampoos from The Body Shop.
• A huge living and dining area, complete with a balcony where you can sit out and enjoy your morning Nespresso.
• The dinner table, with chairs and stylish extra stools, means cooking and eating a delicious meal for your family or friends is easy and enjoyable – whether you’re fixing a quick bite before heading out or celebrating with a full course dinner.
• High speed broadband internet/Wi-Fi Fi with 3 backup connections - ensures you stay connected throughout your trip – great news for our business travellers. A courtesy UK mobile phone is also provided for your use during your stay and we have power adaptors and USB charging stations throughout the apartment.
• The entertainment system comes with a 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV, a Blu-Ray and DVD player, an iPod docking station with speakers and a PlayStation PS3 console with a selection of games, keeping you (and especially the kids) occupied on rainy or tired days.
• Central heating with digital easy-to-us controls (and there’s no AC and no need for it in London)
• A handy instruction manual for every detail of your stay, plus a friendly, helpful service from myself (the owner) and my team, who offer great multilingual communication and support.
Make the most of everything this exciting city has to offer without compromising on sleep and relaxation. This apartment is located on a substantially quieter block than the rest of this busy area. All bedrooms are at the back of the property, with blackout curtains, double glazed windows and the latest memory foam mattresses, all dressed in luxurious all-year cotton duvets, with 2 pillows per guest.
The master bedroom sleeps 2 guests, with space for 2 more guests in the second bedroom (on 2 single twin beds that can be converted into a queen size bed). There is also a sofa-bed in the living room and an inflatable bed for extra guests
A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT
Angel is an eclectic neighbourhood, famous for its nightlife and collection of iconic local pubs, stylish cocktails bars, renowned international restaurants and upmarket, boutique shopping. One of the most in-demand places to live in London, this safe and eco-friendly neighbourhood is also popular with celebrities – Emma Watson, Boris Johnson, James McAvoy, Colin Firth and Lily Allen are all famous faces that have called this vibrant area home in the last few years.
Yet despite it’s amazing reputation and convenient Zone 1 location, the area still has a relaxed, trendy atmosphere. Angel is frequented by local Londoners, with fewer tourists, so you can enjoy an authentic London experience with the luxury of being close to London’s attractions if you wish to explore the city.
The apartment is extremely close to many restaurants, shops, supermarkets and ATMs.
• There are 10 coffee shops within 20 metres
• There is a shopping centre 100 metres away
• There are 3 supermarkets within 50 metres
• There is a 24/7 convenience store just next door
The apartment is located on Upper Street, an extremely accessible location for all of Central London, North, South, East or West and with unbeatable transport links.
Angel tube station and Highbury-Islington tube station are both 5 minutes walk away and there is a bus stop right outside the apartment. You can even rent bicycles from automatic stations nearby.
There is public (pay and display) parking for your car, should you chose to drive into London. You can park on the street, or a nearby indoor carpark. However, we recommend public transport instead, as it’s far easier and quicker to explore London in this way.
• Oxford Street (15 minutes)
• Camden Lock Market (20 minutes)
• Regent’s Park (20 minutes)
• British Museum (20 minutes)
• Old Street and Silicone Roundabout (10 minutes)
• St Paul’s Cathedral (20 minutes)
• Shoreditch (15 minutes)
• Westminster (30 minutes)
• West End (30 minutes)
• Southbank (30 minutes)
Getting to the apartment from the airport is easy using public transport (tube, train or bus) but it’s more economical to hire a private taxi if you have a lot of luggage or many guests. I will give you the information to book this.
Our local recommendations
• Walk down to the Turkish restaurant next door for a mix-grill or Turkish breakfast; or even a full English breakfast at the Workers Café with some real London people.
• Have brunch at Ottolenghi, the flagship branch of the world-famous restaurant and patisserie. The cosy venue is minutes from the apartment, where you can enjoy incredible French toast, brownies, smoked salmon breakfasts and colourful salads.
• Enjoy a cocktail and fine dining at Hoxley & Porter, or a traditional pint at the Hope & Anchor pub.
• Buy your groceries from one of the exceptional London supermarkets or organic food stores such as Planet Organic, Waitrose or Marks & Spencer’s.
• The Blow Bar is a must-visit if you’re going somewhere special on your London visit. This boutique hair bar will wash, blow dry and style your hair in just 30 minutes.
• Diverse is a beautiful clothing boutique loved by local fashionistas where you can buy the latest chic pieces from Diane von Furstenberg, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant and See by Chloe.
• See a live gig at Union Chapel, a beautiful Grade II listed church that has been converted into an unbeatable live music venue.
• Family-friendly attractions in the area include the Geffrye Museum and it’s splendid Kid’s Zone, the V&A Museum of Childhood, London Zoo and an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, Victoria Park, Regent’s Park and London Fields. The cafes in the area also welcome families.
• Other places to visit nearby include the Dickens Museum, Camden Market, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Crystal Maze, Emirates Stadium, Spitalfields Market, Brick Lane and much more.
You can see the location map here on the website, with the precise location.
The full address will be sent to you with your booking information, along with all contacts, arrival instructions, and apartment guide and detailed transport information.
BOOKING AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
The apartment consists of 2 levels on the 3rd and 4th floor of a renovated period building, accessed by stairs. Entry is via an intercom with buzzer for security.
It can be rented for short stays from 2-3 nights, with discounts for stays of 6 nights or more. This discount increases for 12 nights or more, and bookings can be made for stays of 2-3 months. The price is inclusive of all utility charges and taxes, with no surprise extras.
All bedding, sheets, and towels are provided, with checkout cleaning and laundry also included. Should you wish to do laundry during your stay, there is a washing machine in the apartment.
This flat is managed by a professional support team who consistently provide outstanding customer care. The multilingual team speak English, Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish, to answer all your questions and needs.
We have a housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that your flat will be spotlessly clean upon arrival. Our housekeeping service is always eco-friendly, using only environmentally-safe cleaning products.
We welcome children, under adult supervision.
For your convenience we will meet you at the apartment on arrival so you don’t have to go to an office to collect keys. We will provide you with 2 sets of keys and all the information you will need for your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to London!
Originally from Southern Europe, and now living in London, I strive to make my properties the most accommodating in this city. My team is international and super dedicated and demanding professionals from housekeeping to maintenance and guest managers.
As a seasoned traveler myself, I understand the importance of the comfort of home as well as an adventurous experience in a new city. I combine both of these to ensure a positive, memorable experience for all of my guests.
I enjoy traveling, great food, and vibrant atmospheres and want to share that with others through our property locations. These locations are all minutes away from my friends and my favorite restaurants, bars, and shopping areas. We really love it here and know you will too!
I look forward to welcoming you to my city!
Cheers from London,
Paul purchased this apartment in 2008
3 High Speed Internet/WIFI connections
Super Spacious, 2 floors duplex that feels like a house, great views of the City of London
Amazing cafes, shops and restaurants, all on your doorstep, and transport to everywhere, even Eurostar to get to Paris!
Feels like a house in the city, with 2 floors / duplex, and super quiet up on the top floors. Has a balcony for sunny days.
NO NEED to go to an office to pick up apartment keys. Our friendly guest manager will be waiting for you at the apartment
Location, location, location! We loved this area of London. It had everything. There are small markets to grocery stores, restaurants, shops, pubs, you name it, it was there. The flat is only 8 minute walk to the Highbury and Islington Underground and Overground lines. Very convenient to get anywhere in London or England. This was our hub. Even when we returned late at night there was always something open to get food or supplies. The bedroom is quiet and easy to sleep. The new sofa converts into a very comfortable bed as well. My son was the first to try it and loved it! The satelite TV gets a lot of channels so when you just want to chill in the apartment, it is a good pasttime. The kitchen is well stocked with the essentials for cooking; we primarily made breakfast. There are a number of local, excellent pastry shops which we patronized to supplement our breakfast. For us though, it all came down to the location. We also loved being within walking distance of Emirates Stadium, as we took in an Arsenal match. We highly recommend this flat and Paul was an excellent host.Chuck S
It is hard to beat the location, the attentiveness of the manager, Paolo, and the charm of the neighborhood. Apartment is clean and has all the amenities one needs.
Lovely apartment , clean , well equipped and everything you need , excellent communication as we had delays with arriving and host was happy to wait and meet us , thank you Paulo would definitely visit again and recommend
Paulo is the best host you could ask for when renting a flat for a vacation. Great communicator and helped on the front end, during and even helped us with advice that saved us money after we departed for Ireland.
The rental is located in a great area of Islington with amenities galore in walking distance; pubs, restaurants of every kind and markets right next door!
Everything worked as promised; speedy Wi-Fi, full kitchen, bathroom. Everything was clean and comfortable. We slept great and the beds were super cozy.
We felt safe and secure and just really don't have anything bad to say. There are quite a few stairs to navigate if you have elderly or infants.
We went to a music festival about a quarter mile away and walked there. There was so much to see and do we only took the tube once, but there are two stations each about a quarter mile away.
Paulo helped us with transport to and from the airport, gave us restaurant recommendations and was just a pleasure to work with. If we come again, we will for sure stay at his rental. 5 stars!
Thanks Paulo! Cheers!
We spent a very nice week in your apartment. It was well furnished and very clean. The bus station and the underground are not far away.
The beds are very confortable.
The only problem was the water pressure in the badroom that was not strong enough. Otherwise it was perfect. We would come back.
Thanks a lot.
Could not have asked for a better experience during my first time in London! Paulo is pro, very courteous and the communication with him was very efficient. He was accommodating to our needs and wanted to ensure we enjoyed our stay at his apartment. The apartment is very spacious and extremely well maintained. The location is PERFECT - close to anything you need! The bus stops and train station are very close and getting to anywhere in London a piece of cake. The back terrace is lovely and quaint. The WIFI is speedy and the beds are really comfortable. Would definitely recommend this apartment to anybody :) Lovely stay.
I was recommended this apartment by a girlfriend of mine who has stayed there a few times and I was not disappointed... What a great apartment!
Two bedrooms, two stories - VERY comfortable for a short or long-term stay. Each room is clean with all new furnishings. The beds in both bedrooms are really comfortable. The two stories give this apartment a lot of breathing room for each guest. The living room is large as well, well-decorated and a great couch to lounge on.
Wifi is speedy and efficient. The kitchen is fully furnished and is easy to cook in. There is also an Nespresso machine - Perfect for those cold London mornings.
Transport and Attractions:
- Metro stations are on the same street as the apartment
• Angel Tube Station (5 min. walk on the same street as the flat)
• Highbury-&-Islington Station (5 min. walk on the same street as the flat)
• Oxford Street (15 min. bus/tube)
• Kings Cross St. Pancras Station (8 min. walk)
• Business Design Centre (1 min. walk)
• Arsenal Football Club (15 min. walk)
• Camden Lock Market (9 min. bus/tube)
• Regent Park (10 min. bus/tube)
Angel and Highbury-&-Islington underground stations are on the same street as the apartment. St.Pancras station and its Eurostar terminal to Paris and Brussels is less than a 20-minute walk away. Many buses into the center and other parts of London can be found literally on your doorstep, and the West End can be reached in 15 minutes.
Famous for its nightlife, buzzing Angel offers an impressive choice of entertainment, from bars and restaurants, to renowned theatres such as the Almeida and Sadler’s Well Dance Theatre. Several live music venues are also close by- the Union Chapel, O2 Academy Islington and The Garage to mention some. And right on Upper Street: “Union Chapel is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy live music in London and has a totally unique atmosphere” said Tim Arthur, editor-in-chief of Time Out London. The Grade-II listed church in Compton Street, Islington beat competition from Brixton Academy and the Royal Albert Hall to take the top spot in Time Out magazine’s poll.
Other well-known attractions in the area include the Dickens Museum, the London Canal Museum, Camden Passage Antiques Market, Chapel Market, Columbia Road Flower Market, Brick Lane, Broadway Market, Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane. The Emirates football stadium is within walking distance, or a quick bus ride away.
The area is family friendly with attractions like the Geffrye Museum and its splendid Kids’ Zone and the V&A Museum of Childhood. There is an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, London Fields, Clissold Park and De Beauvoir Square. There is a wide array of child friendly cafes both on Upper Street and in surrounding areas.
|Checkout cleaning and laundry||£67|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
You will also get for FREE:
- early check-in and late checkout
- baby crib
- extra guest bed and beddings
- checkout cleaning included
- all bills and taxes included
- **The apartment now comes with a splendid NESPRESSO coffee machine**
The prices for special bank holidays/national holidays vary, and there are also special promotions on occasions.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.