Be prepared to enjoy the view of the stunning sunrises over the ocean and enjoy a refreshing drink on the back deck to view the incredible sunsets over the marsh. Enjoy a fully stocked and newly renovated kitchen with granite countertops and all the amenities. Watch porpoises at play from the comfortably furnished Great Room. Enjoy the gas fireplace on cool evenings or star gaze from the hot tub. The upper floor is reserved for the extra large master bedroom with a comfortable king size bed, en suite bath and large sitting room. Two other bedrooms are located on the main floor, and contain 2 twin beds and 1 queen bed.
- House2000 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs1
- Min. Stay2 - 7 nights
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bathroom, sleeps 6-8
- Calendar last updated:
- 17 Sep 2018
Pool / Spa
Solitude with nature at your doorstep
We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 night stay at Glenmor! As almost every review has stated it's clean and well-stocked. Each morning we spent time relaxing on the large deck (with plenty of seating for all of us) watching birds and the ships in the distance. The location is quiet and off the beaten path. The beach is just steps away. We walked with our dogs (leashes required on the beach) every day. Some days we were the only ones on the entire beach. We enjoyed seeing many beautiful rocks and horseshoe crabs shells! With a short drive to great restaurants, bakeries, breweries and small town charm you've got the best of both worlds. Nature abounds at Glenmor and the surrounding preserves. I highly recommend this home.
We loved our week at the house!!
Glenn had everything we needed and more. We never even had a need to get in touch with him.
The whole family loved it!!
Thank you Glenn for an amazing vacation to remember!!
Beautiful, peaceful, waterfront perfection!
This was our second visit and we loved it just as much as the first. Cant wait to come back!
Our favorite cottage on the bay!
This was our second stay at 511 Bay Ave. During our ten glorious days there, we were able to relax and disconnect from the busyness of our daily lives due to all of the amenities this cottage provides - towels, linens, stocked kitchen, super comfy beds, spacious, open living spaces, and fantastic views from every window/door.
We loved lounging on the deck after long walks on the beach. Relaxing in the hot tub under the stars was a perfect way to end a perfect day. Our two Labs were in heaven on the dog-friendly beach. Huge thanks to Glenn for opening his property to well-behaved dogs.
Glenn’s cottage was spotless and fresh flowers greeted us upon arrival. We came home well rested and with a bounty of beautiful shells from our beach walks. We even found a sea star!
Glenn was super responsive to any questions that came up during our stay. Cannot wait for our next visit!
Exactly as advertised
This is the perfect place for a nice quiet vacation, well away from crowded beaches. A nice large deck with a hot tub and a great water view tops it all off. This home is super clean and very well stocked. I would strongly refer and recommend this vacation rental to anyone.
Great stay! The location is excellent. You can see a beautiful sunrise and sunset from this house.
Great decor and amenities! We enjoyed the ample living space.
* DuPont Nature Center - Lighthouse Road, Slaughter Beach -- open Tues-Sun 10pm to 4pm www.dupontnaturecenter.org
* Midway Casino - 15 West Rider Road, Harrington, DE 302-398-7228
* Dover Air Force Base Air Mobility Command Museum 1301 Heritage Road, Dover Air Force Base, DE -- open Tues-Sun 9am to 4pm, Use Rt. 9 entrance
* Lewes, DE -- historic District
* Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE -- $8/day for out of state vehicle
* Peas Patch Island, Fort Delaware State Park -- open Wed-Sun. Built in 1859 and once house Confederate prisoners
* Dogfish Head Brewery -- 6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE - tours Tues-Sat starting at 11am. Make reservations by calling 302-684-1000
* Killens Pond State Park, Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE -- waterpark, trail rides, paddle boat and canoe rentals open daily 8am to sunset
* Golf - The Rookery North, Business Rt 1, Milford, DE & The Rookery South.
* Movies at Midway Atlantic Theater - Rt 1 Lewes, DE 302-645-0200
Additional pricing information
Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed. Pets considered with prior approval.