The apartment is located in the heart of Lisbon, in Baixa district, on the 3rd floor without elevator. The building is a classic of the 18th century architecture of Lisbon. The interior of 120 square meters was fully renovated in 2015 by an architect, preserving the antique pieces still in the apartment and combining it with modern elements. The furnitures and the decoration give a warm and comfortable atmosphere. The apartment includes a large living-room, a fully equipped kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The stairs of the building have not been renovated yet but it will be done soon.
The apartment is 3.20 meters high ceiling (10.5 feets). Many elements are antiques like the parquet made with wood from Brazil, the doors, the hand-made tiles and the wooden structure of the building highlighted between the entrance and the living room.
There is a large living room, a fully equipped kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- The living room faces the street and includes a seating area with a sofa and two leather armchairs, and a dining area with a round table.
- The master bedroom is facing the courtyard with a small balcony and has its own small private shower room. It is equipped with a double bed 140*200.
- The second large bedroom is also facing the courtyard with 2 large windows. It is equipped with a double bed 150*200.
- The third bedroom is equipped with 2 single beds 90*200.
- The main bathroom is equipped with both a full-size tub and a large shower. It is decorated with the original 18th century tiles of the building, that we arranged with the modern elements.
- The kitchen is brand new and fully equipped with an induction hob, a traditional oven, a microwave oven, a dishwasher, a washing machine, a dryer, and small equipments like a toaster, a kettle and a coffee machine. There is also all necessary dishes and kitchen utensils.
Theses equipment and services are included:
- Wireless internet and Cable TV with over 100 international channels.
- Air conditioning in the living-room and the 2 double bedrooms. Fan in the smaller bedroom
- Towels and bed linen are provided. There are also 2 hair dryers in the bathrooms.
There is a 25 euros extra charge to give directly to the person welcoming you if you arrive after 10:00 pm.
This apartment is my second home in Lisbon. Please take care of it as I do myself. Especially, it is strictly forbidden to organize a party inside the apartment. Smoking is not permitted inside the rooms of the apartment but is allowed on the small balcony. I hope that you'll feel at home during your stay, as much as I do myself when I’m in Lisbon.
Baixa is the most central area in Lisbon, between Praça do Comercio and Rossio, and between the districts of Chiado and Castelo. It was built in the 18th century and is typical of the Pombalino architecture of Lisbon of that time.
All transports are very closes of the apartment: the subway (the Baixa-Chiado station is 200 meters away), the tramways and the bus. A taxi station is also located 300 meters away, Praca Figuera, at the end of Rua da Prata.