Perfect beautiful & elegant house for accommodating a special gathering of family and friends.
Mystique Country House, in Coolangatta NSW, is a large north facing home set on nearly 2 acres of quality rural land in the heart of the Shoalhaven wine country. This beautiful architecturally designed house, built in 2007, is modern and has unique design features. It is built all on one level. It is surrounded by lake and has the magnificent backdrop of Mt Coolangatta. Every room in the house has windows and/or sliding doors overlooking country scenes of lake, mountain or rural land and trees. The property has an easy flow between indoor and outdoor living and supports comfortable living all year round. The atmospheric presence of the lake and mountain adds much intrigue and mystery to your experience of staying at the property. The house is very private and well set back from the lane. Mystique is located very near to the Coolangatta Estate. You drive along a charming country lane beside the vineyards in the approach to the property. It is also located within minutes of the Seven Mile Beach and National Park and the Shoalhaven River. This area is very central to many towns and country and coastal areas in the Shoalhaven area. Suitable for family get togethers and family wedding party accommodation for the many weddings that take place in the Shoalhaven, especially in Berry - a 10 minute drive.
Recent Stayz Review
'We stayed at Mystique for a girls weekend in March. Having left the husbands and children behind we were looking for some relaxation and luxury and that is exactly what we got at Mystique! The house is far enough away from neighbours to feel quiet and secluded, but only a short walk away from the winery cellar door/restaurant and only a short drive to the shops. Every bedroom had its own bathroom, was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The kitchen was wonderfully equipped and all the indoor and outdoor living areas had plenty of space and seating for all of us. The pool room, cinema room and swimming pool were a fabulous treat and used a lot. Absolutely loved it and would definitely recommend. Georgie. ”
Mystique Country House is a luxurious South Coast, NSW vacation house or retreat providing quality accommodation for holidays and weekends away with friends and family. It is strictly not a venue for events or parties under any circumstances. But this house is very suitable for a family wedding group to stay. It has a very large main bedroom, bathroom and built-in robe where the wedding party or bride/groom could prepare. Plus no internal steps. The grounds provide magnificent scenery for wedding photos. There are many weddings held in the Shoalhaven area and this would be an ideal place to stay.
The area in which this property is located is of deep historical significance. In 1822 Alexander Berry first set foot on this settlement and established his homestead in this area, between the mountain and the sea. Land was granted to Berry and his partner Wollstonecraft for convict development which occurred in this area. Historic buildings of the Berry and Wollstonecraft era are found in the township of Berry and parts of the old village that Berry lived in have been meticulously restored and form part of Coolangatta Estate today.The names of these two great pioneers appear everywhere.
Mystique has been furnished with everything brand new, including the air conditioning unit which produces great temperature control in all seasons for this large house.
Special Features of the House
• The house generates a sense of peace and beauty being far removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and being set amongst nature. As well as the rural areas beaches, bays and rivers are all nearby.
• A house providing space for privacy and enjoying your own space. Four bedrooms are very self- contained.
• The house is built on one level and there are no internal steps.
• Ducted air conditioning to all living areas and two main bedrooms. The air conditioning is a powerful unit and very warm in the winter months and effectively cools the house in summer. Ceiling fans in all bedrooms. Heaters are in the bedrooms without air conditioning.
• Unlimited Wi Fi connected to NBN. And also Foxtel Sports and Movies.
• Solid quality imported timber floors, two cathedral ceilings and high ceilings right throughout.
• Extensive outdoor decks.
• For more photos, information, rates and discount tables go to my mystique-coolangatta-nsw website
• Set amongst established gardens and park-like grounds. Swans and ducks abound in the lake.
• A fully equipped modern kitchen with all modern appliances and amenities.
• Ceasarstone benches, large European gas cook top stove, large electric oven.
• Nespresso machine (BYO pods), Nutri-bullet and sandwich maker machine.
• All crockery and cutlery supplied.
• Lots of cupboards and deep drawers.
• Has ducted air conditioning.
The Dining Room
• A formal white dining room with a white marble dining setting and white leather chairs.
• Views out over the front garden to Mt Coolangatta.
• Table seats eight.
• This is a private and decorative room.
• Ducted air conditioning.
Informal Sitting Room
• Overlooks the lake, garden and pool through wide sliding doors onto a timber deck.
• Italian leather lounges, polished cement top coffee table.
• Ducted air conditioning.
• A wall mounted television.
Formal Lounge and Dining Room
• Large stunning formal lounge and dining room with recliner leather lounges and a dining table to sit twelve built privately. Hi fi Stereo.
• Views through one sliding door over the expansive, eastern section of the lake and garden.
• Views from the dining table through the other sliding door looking on to the outdoor deck.
• Ducted air conditioning.
• The air conditioning effectively heats most of the house, and cools it in summer.
• A media room with comfortable tiered seating with leather lounges and armchairs.
• Includes a 75 inch flat screened television with DVD player and stereo. All are easily operated from one remote.
• Foxtel Sports and Movies available on the television will be available shortly. Has a separate remote.
• Contains an air-conditioning unit - heating and cooling.
• Room can be blackened during the day.
• Contains extra seating in the form of a sofa bed which is only converted to a bed on request and pre-payment. Otherwise the sofa bed is locked in lounge position.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• Five large bedrooms of which one is a master bedroom.
• Four bedrooms with Queen sized beds, stylish ensuites and built in robes.
• The fifth bedroom contains two king single beds and is next door to a common bathroom.
• Ducted air conditioning to master bedroom and bedroom next door.
• Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
• All bed linen is supplied. Sheets are all cotton. Towels and face washers are supplied.
• Brand new furniture in all bedrooms.
• A new sofa bed in media room can be converted to a bed for up to two people. Shares common bathroom with fifth bedroom. Comes at an additional cost of $60 per person per night but allows for twelve people to come.
Covered Deck Area
• A large covered outdoor area with outdoor dining for ten to twelve.
• Large, quality BBQ.
• Stylish outdoor armchairs and seating and hardwood decking.
• Scenic views over the lake, the trees and a country scene.
• Peaceful outdoor space.
• A sparkling blue ten metre swimming pool with fence and all safety features.
• Solar heated October to April.
• Located beside the house on a deck. Can see the pool from inside the house through a wide glass panel in the hallway.
• A shower exists near the pool on the deck.
• Double garage supplied with internal access to the house.
• Plenty of off street parking.
• All easy and level access.
• Contains a quality pool table.
• A laundry fully equipped with all modern conveniences and a door to an outdoor clothes line.
As much as this is a very rural location it is also very close to the coast, the Shoalhaven River and townships. It is within a 5 minute drive to Shoalhaven Heads and then on to all beaches along the Seven Mile Beach National Park to Gerroa. Similarly the historic tourist town of Berry, and Nowra are within 10- 15 minutes drive away. From Nowra you can head towards Kangaroo Valley, a National Trust-listed village, or on to Greenwell Point, renowned for it’s seafood, after passing through the charming historic farming areas of Terara and Numbaa, where many farm houses are over 100 years old and very quaint. From Greenwell Point head to Culburra Beach, Currarong and Point Perpendicular with its very high, perpendicular cliffs which drop straight into the sea and it’s famous Light House, then head off to Jervis Bay. Visit wineries along the way.
The area excels in rural, country, mountain, coastal, river, headland and bay regions with so much history and culture to offer. There are many wineries and the region is famous for it’s seafood and cheeses. The property is located just 2 hrs south of Sydney, just beyond the historic Coolangatta Winery Estate and is within walking distance to the winery, restaurant and golf course but also just a short drive to the Shoalhaven River & Seven Mile Beach National Park.
A February 2018 stayz review:
'WOW! A great location within 15 minutes of various tourist destinations - Gerroa, Gerringong, Berry and Nowra. Choose to head out and visit the local wineries - Coolangatta Estate Winery a short 900m walk up the road or relax and enjoy the serenity that Mystique offers. A well equipped home which offers plenty of space and furnished with comfortable beds and modern furniture. The solar heated pool was beautiful to swim in and was utilized constantly over our stay. The owners of Mystique were fantastic to work with and very accommodating in meeting our needs.'