SELF-CONTAINED, ECO-FRIENDLY COTTAGE
• open plan, low footprint cottage with a Bohemian feel
• spacious lounge/dining/kitchen; separate bedroom & bathroom
• quality queen bed with latex topper, bamboo linen and canopy
• non-toxic space - organic food, bathroom supplies and natural cleaning products
• real plants and original art - inspirational and sensual - music, DVDs and books
• views over the park to the creek, or sit with fish and fountain by the property forest
• abundant bird-life, the occasional butterfly, horses, cows and pigs nearby
Located at the coast end of Tallebudgera Valley, near Gwinganna Retreat, about 7 minutes off Pacific Motorway (M1) exit 89, less than 15 minutes drive to Burleigh Heads beach
ORGANIC BREAKFAST FOODS included:
• fruit, eggs, milk & muesli
• bread & butter, home made jams, honey
• herbal teas, ground coffee (with plunger)
ORGANIC BATHROOM PRODUCTS
• hand-wash, shampoo, conditioner and soap.
• filtered rainwater for bathing
• Reverse cycle air conditioner (heating and cooling)
• WiFi included
• 32” flat TV, DVD collection, speakers
• music on an old iPod with playlists to set your mood
• full kitchen: fridge, kettle, toaster, oven, hotplates, dishwasher, pots, pans, crockery, glasses and utensils
• iron and ironing board included, laundry available on request
• pure, filtered rainwater for drinking, cooking and showering
• oxidizing himalayan salt lamp
• non-toxic cleaning products = clean, fresh air
Good cell phone reception on Telstra networks. No reception on others, but you can use WiFi to contact us (use Messenger, WhatsApp or iMessage) or stay in touch with the outside world.
Inside you will find a house manual that explains how everything works, and lists local attractions and nearby restaurants.
Comfortable, relaxing and inspiring for the heart, body and soul.
• movies, music & textures, gardens, views and fishponds
• organic breakfast and bathroom supplies included
• chemical free environment
• all gender friendly. Experienced hosts.
• peaceful. Bush walks. Bird life. Running creek.
• starry nights that defy description
Outside your front door you will find herb and other gardens, places to sit, fish ponds to inspect, flowers to gaze upon and probably a selection of butterflies and birds fluttering through the space.
Our property is in the Costner Park estate, a secluded enclave of a dozen or so acreage homes right at the end of Syndicate Road, surrounded by natural bush and a surprising level of beauty. A small creek runs along one boundary of our property, attracting ducks, parrots and other birds, wallabies and the occasional horse enthusiast.
Just down the road is another park and an entrance to a walking trail that will take you up into the hills and views to the Gold Coast, or in a forest loop just under 2km long. Or if you’re into fitness training, do the big hill, Ducats Road, just over 6km there and back with hardly any traffic. Just up the road (2.2km) is a park on Tallebudgera Creek by a sublime fresh water swimming hole. Great spot for a morning walk or a lunchtime picnic.
We are 5 minutes drive to the unique Heritage Hideaway Cafe, about 10 lazy minutes west of Burleigh West and a range of restaurants and cafes, another minute to the M1 motorway, or turn right into David Fleay’s Wildlife Park where you can park and walk walk along the creek towards the Burleigh Heads National Park, with views to Tally beach.
About 15-20 mins drive away is the famous "Burleigh Hill', a popular spot to watch the moon rise over the ocean or to gaze upon the Gold Coast skyline some 20km to the north. Near to the hill is a strip of clubs and restaurants including an excellent Govindas, Thai, Indian, Italian, Tom Ugly’s pizza, and local fare in up-market bars opposite the beach. Then return to the cottage and remember again the exquisite shape of star clouds and other quiet things.