Modern 1 Bedroom House with Pull out (single) sofa in lounge area. For guests above 3 people, there are 4 single mattresses available to lay on the floor (sheets provided) and blankets.
BABY BEDDING :- Good quality Portacot is available.
En-suite with large shower area. Extra toilet & sink located on front verandah (attached to building). Very large living area with flat screen TV. Kitchen with cooking/eating utensils. Wireless Internet available. BBQ is available for $5.00 a day if you wish to use.
We do welcome small/medium pets but please read the following conditions for the safety of all animals on the farm and care on the farm as well as during your rental stay period.:-
1. Around the farm your pet(s) must be on a secure lead as we have farm animals in fenced areas.
2. You need to have a pet cage(s) for sleeping or we can provide 2 good sized cages, or please discuss with us your specific pets regarding sleeping to see if suitable during your stay.
3. Your pet must sleep in the cages at night and water and feeding must be done outside of the rental cottage. We can provide water bowls if required.
4.. Pets are not allowed inside the bedroom
5. Pets must be kept inside cage if they are left in the cottage when you are not present. We live in a separate home on the farm and if you are going out we will endeavor, if time permits, to make sure the pets have water and running space outside the cottage while you are out for the day
6. You are responsible for all damage caused by pet
7. Please make sure your pet goes to the toilet on the grass outside and not inside the cottage
SMOKING :- Allowed but strictly only outside of the Stayz cottage and cigarette put into ash tray provided.
HEATING ( FIREPLACE) :- The fireplace will be started for you between April 1 and September 30. outside of this period we will consider staring the fireplace if ready for use, but you need to check weather conditions before departing your country of residence or state to see if you need to bring warm clothing during cooler periods before winter officially starts and after winter officially ends
We have a small fee of $3.00 for use of washing machine and $2.00 for use of the dryer.
There are two houses on the property. Your farmstay is at the lovely cottage which is approximately 30m from our house where we live. Blankets are available for any slightly cool nights. Fireplace is available between 1st April - 30th September. If the fireplace is requested it will only be started by the host.
Garden areas are open to walk around. The host must be with you if you want to enter the farm land/paddocks, but you are welcome to walk around the garden areas. If you walk up to the fence the Alpacas will most likely come and greet you. There are two small dogs in a fenced area at the back of the main house. Please do not pat the dogs unless introduced. Please do not open gates to dog fence.
IMPORTANT - Please note there is a UNFENCED dam located very close to the back of the 1 bedroom house. AROUND THE DAM CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES BY AN ADULT.
During your stay we will be located at the main house and will be very happy to assist with any information that we can and have as much or as little contact with you as you would like. We are more than willing to show you around the farm, our vegetable gardens and the animals.You are very welcome to get close to our alpacas and feed them and take photos next to them but under supervision we will take you inside to be close to the animals.
If you like a cooked dinner meal we can offer 5 different delicious Asian meals at a small cost.
The meals are:-
1. Pad Thai 2. Tom Yum Kung with Rice. 3. Thai Fried Rice. 4. Phat Si-oi (Thai fried noodles) 5. Japanese Curry with Rice. 6. Green Curry with Rice. All meals are with either chicken / pork or seafood .$15.00 each. Please note that Tom Yum Kung is with seafood
GROCERY SHOPPING :- There are no shops in our community at Rowella, if you need groceries you can buy in Launceston supermarkets or we recommend that on the way to the farm on the picturesque WEST Tamar Highway you pass by a major supermarket Woolworths at Legana, approximately 30 minutes from our farmstay and there is also a smaller I.G.A. Supermarket at Exeter approximately 20 minutes from the farmstay .
Located across from the property is a vineyard with other vineyards in the area. It is a quiet area away from the noise of town and great for walking. You will sometimes see horses on the road and families out and about. Wallabies throughout the property as well as other wildlife around the area.
A car is required as there is no public transportation in the area. The property is approx. 47 kms from Launceston, 11 kms from Beaconsfield and 20 kms from Exeter. The airport is approx. 1 hour drive and the drive from Devonport (Spirit of Tasmania port) is approx. 1 hr 10 mins. (86 kms) depending on route taken.
Local spots of interest:
Brady's Lookout (West Tamar Highway)
Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre
Beauty Point Seahorse World & Platypus House
Green's Beach & Narawntapu National Park