Location, Location, Location!!!
• 400 feet of private riverfront • 2 docks that can accommodate kayaks to pleasure size watercraft (.3 miles from The Forks DNR launch) • Quality restaurant on the river accessible by private road within the property offering lunch, dinner and cocktails • 1 mile to gas stations, grocery and liquor stores • Sand beach swimming within 20 minutes by boat or 10 minutes by car to Mullett Lake • Fishing out your front door, either from the docks or by boat • More than 50 golf courses and 4 casinos within a 1 hour drive • Mackinaw City and voyages to historic Mackinac Island within a 20 minute drive • 1.5 hours to Tahquamenon Falls and the Soo Locks • Public hiking and recreational trails access within walking distance of the property • Mullett Lake is a 20 minute river ride, the lodge is 10 minutes by water from Black River (a full-speed river perfect for skiing, tubing and jet skis) and 20 minutes from the locks to Lake Huron • You are not just watching waterfowl from afar, you’re in the flocks and this is one of the best boating, kayaking and canoeing experiences found anywhere •
Allow yourself to escape to this modern tri-level lodge (interior wood cottage décor) on the beautiful Inland Waterway of Michigan with room to play both indoors and out. Wildlife is so abundant on the river and the grounds, we guarantee at all times during day light hours you will see wildlife while enjoying the outside or through one of the large windows when inside the lodge. The lodge features a tri-level visual experience of the river.
The property has 3.5 irrigated acres of land, 400-feet of river frontage, two private docks with enough space to moor several watercraft, an outdoor fire pit, swing, several picnic tables and many lounging chairs on the extensive decks. A quaint apple tree orchard grows on the property with peaceful seating to enjoy overlooking the river, read a book, have morning coffee or just relax.
The modern air conditioned lodge includes a game room with a bar and pool table, 2 large screen TVs (73'' and 46'') with cable, WiFi, fireplace, 2 refrigerators, washer and dryer, a fully stocked kitchen and enough sleeping for up to 12. The 4 bedroom, 3 full bath lodge, has an open floor plan containing a kitchen/dining/living room combination with a 24-foot cathedral ceiling. The lodge also has a large 2nd story wrap around deck featuring a propane grill, a lower river level patio and is perfect for your group, large or small.
Other Fun Stuff
• Bring your camera; whether on the water or relaxing from the deck, docks or patio, this is a photographer’s pleasure trip. Take in inspiring sunrises, sunsets and river views right from the lodge.
• Boating: The lodge is situated on the Inland Waterway, which is a 38 mile system that begins at the mouth of Lake Huron and continues down the Cheboygan River into Mullett Lake. At the south end of Mullett Lake, the Waterway then flows into the Indian River and on into Burt Lake and continues into the Crooked River before coming to an end at Crooked and Pickeral Lakes. If you choose to take the entire Inland Waterway roundtrip, it takes over 10 hours from the lodge by boat.
• Nature lovers and bird watching: The river provides a more intimate, up-close view of wildlife than a lake. The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for large migrations of birds and providing a natural habitat for their spring and fall migrations, nesting and natural activities throughout the summer. Deer, raccoon, mink, swans, Canadian geese, mallards, mergansers, gulls, wood ducks, herons, golden eyes, osprey, cormorants, golden and bald eagles and many other beautiful wildlife species call the waterway home.
The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for its large, deep, high quality, kettle lakes which support an array of fish and wildlife and serve as a core tourist attraction. Expansive wetland systems have formed where the large rivers filter into these lakes. These large marshes, such as the Indian River and Pigeon River Spreads provide critical spawning habitat for fish and nesting, foraging, and migration habitat for a wide range of birds.
• Fall colors: As the nights become cool in September and October, the spectacular color show begins. Check out the Pure Michigan website for recommended fall color tours or take an atlas with you and venture out on your own.
As some of our guests have described the experience of their stay:
“We had a great time in this beautiful house overlooking the river. We were a group of 13 with 8 adults and 5 kids. We had ample space for everyone in our family. The rooms were maintained neat and clean and made us feel at home. The outdoor and indoor games were enjoyable for everyone. The kids enjoyed the bon fire with toasting the marshmallows. Thank you for making our vacation a memorable one. We would love to come back again soon.”
“If you are looking for a remote getaway, this isn't it. If you are looking for clean, comfortable and high attention to detail to enjoy the waterways, and have a diverse number of amenities, fun "boat people" going by, and lot's of stretch room, this is the ticket.”
“Thank you so much for allowing us to “borrow” your house for a week! We had tons of fun on both Mullet Lake and the Black River. We loved watching the boat races and your house had a great view of them racing. We like your pictures around the house that gave us a glimpse into the life around the river. Thanks again!”
And from a child’s perspective:
“I had so much fun at this house. I played pool, went fishing and went swimming in the lake. I also played the games that were outside. I just had one of the best summers ever!”