The Deck Retreat, Dundee Beach, is a spacious holiday home set on 20 acres and only 135km from the centre of Darwin. If travelling by car, it will take you about an hour and a half to arrive at your destination. The Deck Retreat is also just 10 minutes from the Lodge of Dundee.
If fishing is your thing, then you are perfectly situated at The Deck Retreat. Whether you are chasing Barramundi, reef fish, mud crabs or all three, The Deck Retreat should be your first choice as your base. There are several fishing competitions every year that are run at Dundee Beach.
Activities and dining:
Don’t like fishing but still want to get away from it all? The Deck Retreat is your answer! You can kick back and relax but if you are looking for a little something to do, then there are a number of activities all year round at Dundee and but you can rely on the following regular activities:
- Markets run each Saturday starting at 11am in the Dry Season. They are located on the beach front at The Lodge of Dundee (15km)
- Roz's Kitchen operates each Friday night from the Dundee Recreational & Social Club
- The Lodge of Dundee is a licensed premise and provides lunches and meals all year round
The Deck Retreat is beautifully furnished with all your creature comforts. Undoubtedly The Deck Retreat’s most impressive asset is the large deck overlooking manicured gardens and natural bushland.
- Large L shaped lounge suite
- Large Samsung LCD television (free to air), Samsung Blu-Ray DVD player and CD player
- Inside dining table seats 8
- Large outdoor entertaining area with a 5 burner BBQ and 9 piece outdoor setting
- Pet friendly – permission must be sought prior to occupancy so please check if it is suitable for your pet to stay (pets are not permitted inside the house)
- An above ground pool situated to the left of the large deck - fully shaded and fenced to AU standards
- All bedrooms are fitted with split system airconditioners
- The main bedroom can sleep up to 3 people with a king sized bedroom suite, a single trundle and ensuite
- The second bedroom can comfortably sleep up to 4 people with a queen sized bedroom suite plus a bunk consisting of king singles
- The third bedroom can comfortably sleep up to 3 people with 3 king single beds
- A porta cot is also available
- All quality bedroom linen is supplied
The Deck Retreat has a very spacious kitchen and includes;
- All cutlery, crockery, cooking and baking equipment and utensils supplied
- Gas cook top and oven
- Microwave oven
- 4 slice toaster
- Coffee perculator
- Fridge / freezer
- Salt, pepper, oil, other condiments, coffee, tea, sugar, milk, glad wrap, alfoil, paper towel supplied
Bathroom and laundry facilities:
- 2 large bathrooms including an ensuite to the main bedroom (with bath), plus 3rd toilet
- Full laundry facilities with a 9kg top loading washing machine, 7kg dryer and clothes line
- Steam iron and ironing board
- All quality bathroom linen is supplied
- The Deck Retreat has an aboveground pool that is fully fenced however, nothing can replace competent adult supervision of children. Please supervise your children at all times
- The Deck Retreat runs solely on rain water so we asks guests to be mindful of the water usage
- Being so close to the coast with an inlet at the back of the property, be prepared for some midgies and mosquitos. It is recommended that you come prepared with appropriate clothing and personal repellent although we do supply mosquito coils
So, you may be wondering “how do I get to The Deck Retreat?” It’s easy. If you are starting in Darwin City, get onto the Stuart Highway and head south for 46km. Then;
- Turn right onto Cox Peninsula Road and continue for approximately 35km
- Turn left onto Fog Bay Road and continue for approximately 53km
- Turn right onto Namarada Drive and continue for approximately 700m
- Turn right onto Launceston Road and The Deck Retreat is approximately 5km on the left
A minimum of 2 nights is required (3 nights over long weekends) and costs $300.00 per night. This cost is for 6 adults and 2 children under the age of 12 years. Additional guests are permitted up to a maximum of 10. The cost for each adult above 6 is $30.00 per night and the cost for each additional child is $15.00 per night. These costs include linen except for pool towels. Pool towels can be provided at an additional cost of $5 per towel. We discourage the use of the white bathroom linen outside.
Weekly rates available upon request.
We understand you are keen to secure your reservation at The Deck Retreat and we look forward to seeing you. In order to confirm your reservation, a non-refundable deposit must be paid. This is 20 percent of the total value of accommodation is to be paid either online (a credit card surcharge may apply) or to a nominated bank account.
The balance of your reservation must be paid not less than 2 weeks before your stay commences. If you have made a reservation with less than 2 weeks before your stay, full payment needs to be made at the time of booking.
Changes to and cancellation of your confirmed reservation:
We understand that circumstances can and do arise which means you need to make changes to or in some cases, cancel your reservation. The Deck Retreat has a cancellation policy which is contained in its Terms & Conditions. It is essential that you read and understand the Terms & Conditions before confirming your reservation. This can be found on The Deck Retreat's website - just search for "The Deck Retreat".
We also have a Facebook Page "The Deck Retreat". Please visit and like us on Facebook!