A private, wooded and secluded log cabin that is furnished and turn-key and affordable to the ambitious traveler. The cabin is located near the town of Bellaire and is just 5-minutes from SHANTY CREEK RESORTS. The area offers some of the finest skiing, snowboarding, snowmobile trails, hiking, hunting, golfing, boating and fishing in the State of Michigan. The area is close to Traverse City, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and Mackinac Island as well as many other local attractions. SHANTY CREEK RESORTS offers something for everyone and can be a year-round destination. Included with the cabin rental is a pool pass which can be used at one of several indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs located on the resort property. Many amenities are provided to offer you a wonderful vacation experience. Special note to golfers: There are nine regulation golf courses within 5-miles and others are within 20 minutes. The cabin is also provided with central heating & air conditioning.
- Cabin1100 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Min. Stay2 nights
A getaway for all 4-seasons !!!
- Calendar last updated:
- 16 Oct 2018
About John Hackman
In setting up our cabin for rental arrangements, it is my desire to provide you with an EXCEPTIONAL VACATION EXPERIENCE at a reasonable price. If your party is larger, we also own a chalet on the resort (VRBO listing #1171953) which can accommodate 8 adults.
John Hackman purchased this Cabin in 2014
Why John Hackman chose Bellaire
CLOSE PROXIMITY TO EVERYTHING !!! The Bellaire area offers something for everyone. Many outdoor activities are accessable throughout the year. There is the lower chain-of-lakes that provides great fishing, Traverse City, a tourist town with many attractions during the summer months, and Shanty Creek Resorts, which is three small resorts in one location offering a variety of winter and summer sport activities and family fun throughout the year. For golfers, our cabin is in close proximity to fourteen regulation golf courses.
What makes this Cabin unique
1) Complimentary bottle of local wine is provided at no charge. 2) Pool pass which includes access to all available outdoor and indoor pool facilities available at Schuss Village and Summit Village resorts. 3) Ski lessons can be purchased at Cedar River Resort along with rental equipment for skiing and snowboarding. 4) A shed key is provided for storage of golf and ski equipment. 5) A large movie collection is provided for your enjoyment.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
We stayed for a week in this fabulous place with our fur babies. The owner was great with everything.....directions, where to go, everything! This house has everything from a keurig to a awesome grill. We loved the area lots of outdoor activities around the area. We would love to come back soon. Completely recommend this place and owner.
Thank you so much !!!
great peaceful escape
Quiet and secluded. Perfect for escaping and relaxing without feeling like we had to "rough" it. Very enjoyable week.
So relaxing and peaceful..
Had a great time. Appreciated the convenience the cabin allowed us on this vacation.
A nice place to stay that was close to restaurants and other activities. Was a very nice area.
Very beautiful! Very comfortable!
It was a wonderful place to stay in. It was comfortable and peaceful. We loved how quiet and reserved it was. The cabin was beautiful on the inside. Definitely wouldn't mind staying here again.
A little Bit Of Heaven On Earth...
This was truly a wonderful cabin experience. The owner was very professional. He gave us a call before our trip to make sure we knew how to get into the cabin and what we needed to do when we left. A bottle of wine was waiting for us with helpful information on the kitchen island. I love the decorations in the cabin! It was cozy and very clean. We felt like we were right at home and the front porch was so peaceful. My husband and I loved sipping tea in the evening and listening to the crickets and the rain falling. It was nice to get away from the city and be in the country. We loved the location and enjoyed traveling to Traverse City and then back to the cabin to relax. The winery in Bellaire is amazing too! We loved the winery in Bellaire just as much as the ones in Traverse City. If you like to draw and write this is a great place to do so. Very peaceful!
Thanks Jane.....It is our goal for every guest to have an exceptional experience in Northern Michigan. It's a good idea sometimes to STOP ... slow down and take in the surroundings and to just plain relax !!!
1) Grass River Natural Area (Hiking)
2) Shorts Micro Brewery (Bellaire)
3) Dockside Tavern (Torch Lake)
4) Winery Tour (Mission Peninsula)/Traverse City)
5) Distillery Tour (Traverse City)
6) Manitou Tall Ship (Sailing/Traverse City)
7) Beaches/East & West (Traverse City)
8) Chain-O-Lakes (Boating-Fishing)
9) Tubing (Summit Village)
10) Restaurants (Harrington's-Traverse City), (Lakeview Hotel-Summit
11) Swimming/Hot Tub (Schuss Village & Summit Village w/ Pool Pass)
12) Hawks Eye Golf (Top-5 / Michigan)
13) Canoeing / Kayaking
14) Sleeping Bear Dunes (Park)
15) Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum (Upper peninsula)
16) Mackinac Island (Upper peninsula)
17) Cherry Festival (Traverse City)
18) Antiquing (Traverse City)
19) Torch Lake (rated by National Geographic as the 3rd most beautiful
lake in the world !!!)
20) Skiing (Schuss/Cedar River & Summit Villages)
21) Golf (Everywhere)!!!