This beautiful, renovated 1920's house has loads of character and charm - which is rare for beach side properties. With lovely period details such as leadlight windows, claw foot bathtub and original floorboards throughout, instantly offering a sense of warmth and homeliness. Complete with modern, quality furnishings this lovely house makes you feel right at home from the moment you step inside. Featuring a huge open living and dining area bathed in nature sunlight - sitting around the large oak 8 seater table with family and friends will be joy. There is plenty of room to rest and relax.
With a very generous master bedroom featuring a built in closest (mostly hanging space) and a second bedroom with 2 single beds and a trundle bed (also has a built in closet). A port-a-cot is also available upon request.
The french doors from the living area open out onto a large deck with an outdoor setting and beautiful views of rolling hills. You can enjoy the BBQ whilst taking in the view and listening to the sounds of the ocean.
Other great features include: dishwasher, washing machine, split system, undercover parking, full kitchen with microwave, oven and fridge. Pod coffee machine and pods are available also. We also have the essentials to keep you going after you arrive: butter, salt, pepper, coffee, long life milk (full, soy & skinny), sugar, vegemite etc all stocked in the pantry - we just ask that guests replace what is used :).
Kilcunda is a beautiful little coastal town. Warm and friendly locals are only to happy to recommend a great local swimming spot, or the best walking track around.
Kilcunda features several well know walking tracks, including the Bass Coast Rail Trail - which sees cyclists and walkers come from all around to travel it and take in the stunning ocean views.
There are so many great things to do and see in Kilcunda, that they all cant be listed in a short ad - but a few of the highlights are listed below:
- Catch some waves at the Kilcunda surf beach (walking distance)
- Explore the rock pools at Kilcunda and Shelly's Beach (walking distance)
- Enjoy a drink and take in the amazing view at the Ocean View Hotel (walking distance)
- Enjoy the festivities of the Kilcunda Lobster Festival (January) (walk)
- Go fishing or canoeing at the mouth of the Powlett River (short drive)
- Explore and take in the view from the historical Rail Trestle Bridge (walking distance)
- Have a drink and look around the Royal Mail Hotel which is full of interesting gems (short drive)
- Take a drive to Cape Paterson and discover a lovely (patrolled) beach (drive)
- Scuba dive of the shore of Kilcunda beach (walking distance)
- Take a day trip to Wilson's Promontory (about a 40 min car trip)
- Enjoy some family fun at Pirate Pete's Mini Golf (15 min drive)
- Visit Phillip Island for the penguin parade (drive)
- Head and watch the world class Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix (October) (Drive)
There is so much to see and do in Kilcunda and surrounding Bass Coast area - for more information visit the Bass Coast website.