2br / 2bath Open Cape with Amazing water views, 2nd Fl Master Suite w/ Bathroom
- English, German, Swedish, Danish, Finnish
Why Jaana Sheehan chose Georgetown
It is truly Paradise for us. We love all aspects of the friendly local community. The views are Stunning and boating is endless. Great Striped Bass Fishing
What makes this House unique
NEW House. Private Dock w/ swim ladder, Elevated deck with water views of the 3 different islands & ocean. VERY PRIVATE! Great Ocean Breeze, Large grass yard
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
We enjoyed our stay at Marr cottage
Marr Cottage is a very special place. Situated on the banks of the mighty Kennebec River about one mile upstream from the Atlantic Ocean and Popham Beach. No other houses are visible from the property. The visual focal point here is the Kennebec, the numerous islands and the ever-changing tide. Every day we enjoyed watching deer grazing in the back yard. The location is serene and secluded yet very convenient to both Bath and Boothbay where you'll find lots of great food and shopping experiences. A couple of "Must Do" things in the area are the Maine Maritime Museum in Bath and the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay. Just a little further up the road from Boothbay, in Thomaston, a must visit is the Maine State Prison Showroom. Unique furniture and woodwork related articles for sale at very reasonable prices and on the way back you'll need to stop at Moody's Diner in Waldoboro for a great meal. Also, LL Bean & Freeport is only a 30 minute ride south and you can spend an entire day there and not see it all. We did not have the pleasure of meeting Jaana & Thomas Sheehan, the property owners. We did communicate via email on several occasions and they were very helpful. They live nearby and are a resource if needed. Marr Cottage could easily become a yearly late spring event for us.
Great Weekend by the Sea
We had a great weekend away at Marr Cottage. So clean, cute and comfortable with amazing views. A perfect place to unwind and relax!
5/26/19 through 5/28/19.
Thanks for a great time at Marr Cottage. The cottage is amazing and very clean. So peaceful and the view is spectacular. Saw a bald eagle from the porch! Plenty of space for the dogs to frolic. Beds were very comfy. Coffee on the deck in the morning was....well....something we could do everyday. Smores at the fire pit were a perfect way to end the day. A trip to Boothbay and Popham Fort (lots of seals at Popham Fort) was awesome. We hope to return soon for another wonderful stay. Thank you!
1. This place looks even better than the photos. There were really nice embellishments in the house that I didn't even know I wanted. A wide staircase with carpet treads that made it easy on the dogs to walk up, a nice sitting area upstairs, towels and blankets set aside just for pups, ample spices, pots, pans etc, great lighting throughout the house. The landscape is gorgeous with a large green yard in front but woods along the sides, so you can barely see the houses on the other sides.
2. It was CLEAN. As in "immaculate and didn't see a single speck of dust" clean.
3. The deck had 4 chairs on, 2 of them rocking chairs that made for a perfect afternoon enjoying the sun and listening to the sounds of nature.
4. Lastly, Jaana, the host, was so helpful and friendly before and during our stay, offering advice on where to find the best lobster/food/supplies, even without me asking. She was the perfect host! The place really felt like home and my friend and I have been texting each other about how we can't wait to go back. Thank you for everything, Jaana!
Wonderful cottage with amazing views of the Kennebec River
We've been coming to Maine for over 20 years and our stay at Marr Cottage (and first in Georgetown area) was one of our best experiences. The location is secluded, but not too far from civilization, so a run to the store or town is reasonable. Our kids and dog also loved running down to the river and watching the ospreys fish when tide was in. The hosts Jaana and Tom were always available to answer any questions via text or call and we're definitely looking forward to staying here again.
Georgetown Island has long been a hidden treasure in the mid coast area. Its beautiful views, Reids Park, great fishing, Kayaking, hiking, peaceful atmosphere, and yummy lobster. Maine Maritime Museum offers a Lighthouse site seeing tour.