Sea Breeze Berrara now featuring a BRAND NEW kitchen with Bosch stainless steel appliances, new bathroom and freshly painted and decorated downstairs bedrooms.
You will love listening to the sound of the ocean from bedrooms and deck.
Located approximately 2.5 hours from Sydney and Canberra. Surrounded by national park, abundance of kangaroos and wildlife, it is the perfect getaway for a family holiday or weekend mature couples retreat.
Note: Seabreeze is not suitable for parties. We don't allow schoolies, bucks/hens weekends, girls/boys weekends. Loud music at any time.
Please note you need to bring your own sheets , towels and pillowcases.
Set amongst the trees with a large wrap around deck, Sea Breeze provides a beautiful setting for a weekend or extended stay whilst fishing, surfing, walking, boating or just relaxing. Sea Breeze is an easy walk to 3 pristine beaches (including Berrara beach just metres away) and adjoins the peaceful parklands and Berrara lagoon, metres from the backyard. The Berrara lagoon is surrounded by manicured parklands, new playground equipment, and an easy walk to access a beautiful waterway for fishing, canoeing or kayaking. It is a beautiful setting for an afternoon BBQ watching the sunset or an early morning stroll.
The house extends over 2 levels. Upstairs includes a brand new bathroom (with shower and toilet) and two bedrooms, one with vaulted ceiling and a new queen size bed and plush mattress (and plenty of floor space for portable cot/mattress) the second with a queen . There is also a newly completed open plan kitchen with Bosch appliances and good size living/dining area surrounded by full length windows on 3 sides. A cathedral ceiling makes for a lovely airy light area overlooking the peaceful surrounds with plenty of room for the kids to play. A new spacious fully covered deck with hammock, lounge and dining furniture, brand new gas barbeque and fans make relaxing and outdoor entertaining a breeze.
Downstairs consists of another living area (with Table tennis table, TV, Wii, music system), full bathroom and two more newly renovated bedrooms. One has two single beds (which easily go together - requires Q/K sheets) and the other a double bed plus a bunk. The downstairs living area overlooks a large patio, outdoor shower and backyard, where you might find some local kangaroos!
Sea Breeze is ideal for two families with the kids being able to have plenty of their own space while the adults relax upstairs.
Sea Breeze is well fitted out with everything to make your stay comfortable you just need to provide sheets , towels and pillowcases.
Some of the features are:
*wi fi. Unlimited internet access and Telstra tv with Netflix
* 4 bedrooms, 2 upstairs 2 downstairs (sleeps 9)
* 2 bathrooms each with a shower and toilet
* Huge upstairs deck with stainless steel BBQ, lounge, hammock and dining area
* 2 separate living rooms with DVDs, Wii and multiple music system android connectivity
* Laundrette with sink / washing machine
* Functional open planned, fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel european appliances, plenty of cooking utensils, hand held appliances, surplus crockery, cutlery and glassware, stainless steel dishwasher, microwave, cooktop, oven and family size fridge
* Table tennis table, Body boards x 2
* Games, books and magazines (in upstairs TV unit)
* Heaters and fans
* Pot belly stove (we suggest families with young children to use electric heaters provided and not use the pot belly). Some wood is provided but brickettes are available from the local store.
* Outdoor shower
* Undercover gas BBQ on the deck
* Local wildlife including kangaroos, kookaburras, king parrots, possums and the odd tawny frog mouth.
* Washing machine
* Pets (dogs only) allowed strictly outside only. Please note the property is not fenced and local council rules to having pets (dogs wandering, barking etc) apply
Please note we do not allow loud music or parties at any time. The deck area needs to be vacated by 10pm weeknights and 11pm weekends. The local areais a quite area and the noise travels.
Please read the following, it is a reminder to our guests and should be abided by out of respect for our township of Berrara and neighbours. Shoalhaven Council regulations are no different to most councils.
The Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act) and the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2000 (Noise Control Regulation) provide the legal framework and basis for managing unacceptable noise from:
machines (boat motors etc)
music & parties & offensive behaviour
11pm to 8 am on Friday, Saturday or any day preceding a public holiday
10 pm to 8 am on any other day Local Council or Police can be called to the property by surrounding neighbours.
The local area offers a range of activities. Favourites include;
* Swimming, surfing, snorkelling, playing /relaxing/fishing in the lagoon
* Reading and relaxing listening to the waves
* Wildlife spotting, kangaroos, bandicoots, birds and possums
* Walking (road, rocks, beach and bush)
* Fisherman's Rock water hole, walking distance
* Mermaids rock pool, at the end of Berrara beach
* Bike riding. The surrounding national parks provide a variety of tracks from a quick trip around the lake or a 3 hour adventure to Bendalong and back.
* Fishing. The beach, lake, basin or off shore all provide great fishing. St Georges Basin has for several years now been free of commercial fishing so the catches have improved dramatically
* Boating. Swan Lake is just 2 minutes away. It is a great location for water skiing while the inlet and basin are lovely for an afternoon cruise or fish
* Kayaking. With the Berrara lagoon at your doorstep an afternoon paddle is a great experience.
* Board games and cards
* Table tennis
* Celebrity spotting ....
For dining out try the local clubs and restaurants in Sussex Inlet and the Cudmirrah General Store on Swan lake is great for breakfast and lunch. If you would like a drive the Milton/Ulladulla area has plenty on offer (Milk Haus, Pilgrims, Bannisters, Cuppitts Winery etc). There are orgnaised wine tours in Autumn/Winter Shoalhaven Tours.
There are also plenty of day trips. Take a drive to Pigeon House Mountain and walk to the top. Maybe a trip to Milton to find a cafe or art gallery or a bit of wine tasting with the ever increasing crop of local vineyards. Whale watching around the Jervis Bay/Huskisson area is also a must do.
Whatever you do, you always have the serene surrounds of Sea Breeze holiday house to come home to!