A wonderful 20 acre property that is just over an hour from Melbourne CBD. Relax and unwind with some fishing or a walk through some amazing private bush land. Watch the kangaroos hop around the property or listen to the many different birds sing all day long. This is truly a peaceful place to recharge your soul.
The home comprises:
* Four double bedrooms + 2 mezzanines . Total sleeping capacity comprising 6 x Queen Beds = 12
* 2 large bathrooms - 1 with spa bath
* 2 lounge rooms
* Extensive outdoor paved area for entertaining - including BBQ
* Dining room with seating for 10 people
* Kitchen boasts gas stove top, electric oven, large fridge-freezer, coffee machine and most importantly, a dishwasher! * Laundry with washing machine dryer and iron
* Three car garage
All linen and towels supplied as part of the accommodation package.
The area and its offerings’ Kinglake is part of the Yarra Valley and is nestled in the Shire of Murrindindi, aptly named because of its Aboriginal meaning ‘mountain home’ in the native language of the Wurundjeri people, the traditional tribe of the area. It is around 551 meters above sea level which means that it can experience the occasional fairy tale snowfall in winter. The Yarra Valley has so much to offer if you are interested in venturing off your private little piece of Paradise in Kinglake. See below for some options.
Sample some wine from the region
* Southerland Wine Estate
* Innocent Bystander
* White Rabbit Brewery
* Chandon Winery Coldstream
Food and markets
* Pick fresh raspberries at the Kinglake Raspberry Farm Open December to January & March to May. Buy frozen produce, jams and sauces in between seasons
* Kinglake Produce and Artisan Market open every 4th Sunday 9am - 2pm (5 minute drive)
* St Andrews Market open every Saturday morning from 8am - 2pm (15 minute drive)
* Day Spa Healesville (30 minute drive)
* Healesville Sanctuary is one of Australia’s biggest wildlife tourist attractions with over 200 native species to discover. Perfect for young and old! Open every day of the year. (30 minute drive)
* See the region from a spectacular bird’s eye view. Go Wild Ballooning. (Just a 20 minute drive) An option certainly worth exploring.
* Hikes and long walks - visit nearby Kinglake National Park or Murrindindi Cascades
For local events visit the Murrindindi Shire website for up to date information
Please note: Public holidays and long weekends are either 3 night minimum stay or 2 nights will be charged as 2.5 nights