QUIET, LOVELY, IMMACULATE APT WITH PRIVATE ENTRANCE from the street. All this in a convenient location a 2 minute walk from the 2/3 express subway line putting all of NYC at your doorstep! Come home to a peaceful refuge in a vibrant community after a busy day in the hustle and bustle of NYC.
We are happy to have this 1BR apartment available in our 2 family brownstone to offer to NYC visitors here for a short stay. Enjoy the comfort of a home away from home with a fully furnished apartment with up-to-date, clutter-free, stylish furnishings. The apartment sleeps up to 4 adults on a Queen size bed with luxury Serta Beautyrest pillow-top mattress in the bedroom and brand new luxe italian queen size sleeper sofa in the living room with 5.5” foam mattress (photos of the new sofa are forthcoming). We also have a top-rated Queen air mattress available in the apartment, the SoundAsleep CloudNine Series with Dual Smart Pump Technology which continuously and silently runs in the background providing a firm mattress all night long. This gives renters options in case they do not want to share a bed.
See Amenities section for more information on what else is provided in the apartment.
Maps, guidebooks and a list of our favorite NYC spots are available in the apartment but feel free to ask us for any personalized recommendations.
Why is renting our apartment different from most other short-term rentals in NYC?
1. Peace of mind - we can legally rent our apartment as a short-term vacation rental because our house is a 2-family private dwelling. Apartments in buildings that contain 3 or more apartments cannot be legally rented on a short-term basis (30 days or less) in NYC.
2. We live on the property. While the apartment is a separate unit with a private entrance, we live upstairs. If you have any questions, concerns or issues, we can address it right away and most of the time, in person.
3. We provide all of our guests with an information binder with valuable neighborhood and NYC information and can assist with any requests they may have.
4. We love to travel and know what is important to our guests. We professionally clean our apartment between guests and make sure everything possible is provided for our guests comfort.
We hope you will enjoy our city and apartment!
Dining and Shopping : We are located in a prime area of central Harlem on West 127 St. between 5th & Lenox Avenues just 2 short blocks from the 125 St. retail/business district. Famous Sylvia’s soul food restaurant is literally around the corner. Down the block is one of the hottest restaurants in NYC, Red Rooster, owned by celebrity chef Marcus Samuelson and the venue for President Obama’s fundraisers. Corner Social, a casual bar & restaurant features a lively atmosphere. The newest restaurant options are Cantina for Mexican, Babbalucci and Sotto Casa, two delicious brick oven pizza restaurants, Yuzu, a traditional sushi restaurant and Sushi Inoue (recently awarded a Michelin star) where it's all about the delicious, fresh fish! If a sit down dinner is not an option, there are endless choices including the many local delis or Soul Food Buffet & Salad Bars. For those of you that want to prepare your own meals, Whole Foods just opened 2 blocks away and Olive Market, a gourmet market and Pioneer Supermarket are only 3 blocks away.
Retail shopping on 125 St. includes Marshall’s, TJ Maxx & Burlington Coat Factory (Designer/Brand name discounters) , H&M, DSW Shoe Outlet, Old Navy, American Apparel, Banana Republic & Gap Outlets, Bed/Bath & Beyond, & Modell's or House of Hoops (Sporting Goods).
Arts & Culture: Culture abounds in Harlem. Just within a 5 minute walking radius, we have so much to offer:
- The world famous Apollo theatre
- The Studio Museum, the nexus for artists of African descent and for work inspired and influenced by African-American culture
- Ginny's Supper Club and Jazz clubs such as Showman's, Londel's, Cotton Club & the newly opened Minton's.
- Shrine, world music venue, offers live music every day of the week.
- The Maysles Independent Cinema is the only independent film house north of Lincoln Center dedicated to the exclusive exhibition of documentary films.