Click button for 90-second video!
• Simple waterfront cabin w/ deck + dock (sleeps 6)
• Bunkhouse w/ ping pong (sleeps 12)
• 6 acres overlooks dock + anchored swim raft
• Outdoor kitchen + bar + commercial ice maker + stereo
• Indoor fireplace
• Indoor + outdoor hot showers
• Fully-equipped kitchen
• Onsite washer + dryer
• Book 5+ nights and receive a JuNgLe CruIsE down the famous Silver River (full-day excursion)!
• Ideal for groups (up to 18 or so) who seek a down-to-earth "Old Florida", fresh air experience. (The combined cabin and bunkhouse sleep 18 people. VRBO's system does not got to 18, so you may notice an inconsistent #.)
• Group privacy is afforded under a fenced canopy of Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss
• Facilities are modest but comfortable
• Space includes a 2-bedroom cabin with fireplace and a 12-bed bunkhouse plus generous outdoor space for activities
• The Camp is ideal for lovers of privacy, peace and quiet, outdoors, nature, birds, fishing, boating and swimming
• Ample, secure space for campers who wish to bring RV's, other toys or to pitch tents, too!
• Access is down a country dirt road and through a nondescript 12' cattle gate
• Safe, secure parking is abundant
• RV's, motor boats, jet skis, kayaks, canoes, etc. are all welcome
• If host is present, an all-wheel-drive SUV may be used for launching watercraft onto lake
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
• Host will be available throughout your stay as a resource via text, phone and e-mail
• Host respects the privacy and dynamics of your party; interaction with guests may be as little or much as you prefer
• Host may not be present but, if he is, host sleeps in separate quarters
• The spirit of Camp Declan is to disconnect from the pressures of
modern life and re-connect with self, friends, family, fresh air and authentic Florida nature. It's perfectly okay to sit and marvel at the wildlife which teems in this private forest, take a run on your jet ski or just steal a nap in the hammocks!
• This is an unpretentious lodging option w/ great potential for fun. It is not a brand-name hotel but a "lake house" so it has plenty of imperfections and ongoing projects. Those expecting a pampered experience or spotless floors may find other options more suitable. Thank you.
• Interlachen is rural and dotted with many lakes, dirt roads, pick-up trucks and mobile homes
• Fuel/convenience store is .8 mile away; sorry, there is no sidewalk
• Baker's fresh produce stand, grocery, drug and hardware stores are about 2 miles away
• This is rural Florida; a vehicle is required
• Get $20 in Uber credit by using my referral code: dr153
• I recommend that your group carpool from home to the Camp... it's more fun that way!