This cosy and neat three bedroom cottage is perfectly positioned on the border of Blairgowrie and Rye, only 500 metres from the family friendly Tyrone foreshore. Head in the opposite direction and a pleasant 1.5km walk (or drive) brings you to the Mornington Peninsula National Park leading to Dimmicks Beach. Explore this beautiful secluded parkland and admire the spectacular views from the many peaks along the coastline. The trail runs from Portsea to Cape Schank so there is plenty for bushwalkers and sightseers alike.
A casual 1km stroll along a lovely treed track leads you to Blairgowrie Shops and Cafes. A couple of minutes drive brings you to Rye shops and supermarket.
Back to the cottage and the open plan kitchen/dining/living area has full cooking facilities, dishwasher and extendable table that can seat up to 8 people. Both front and rear decks also seat 6/8 with a gas BBQ provided.
The rear garden is perfect for a lazy breakfast and this area is well fenced for small children.
The Coonara woodfire heater warms the cottage beautifully and provides a romantic backdrop for a lazy winter weekend or midweek escape.
We now have wireless internet connected.
From the rear garden there is also secure access to the Rumpus/Garage that will entertain young and old with TV and video (lots of movies for all ages),air hockey, table tennis and comfy lounge. This is close enough to the house for small children but far enough for big noisy kids to let off steam!
There is a cupboard style laundry and separate toilet. The lovely bathroom has overhead shower and large relaxing bath.
The property is set well back from the road and is thick with trees and shrubs that rustle and sway in the breeze making for a pleasant and peaceful setting to sit outside and enjoy a cuppa or a glass of wine.
A $200 bond will be required for all bookings.
We have a strict no party policy. The house is in a quiet residential neighbourhood and we expect our guest to respect our neighbours and behave appropriately with consideration to noise levels. inappropriate behaviour will result in loss of bond.
STRICTLY NO SCHOOLIES BOOKINGS
- The Master bedroom has a queen bed and excellent fitted wardrobes along one wall.
- The second bedroom has two single beds.
- The third small bedroom contains a set of bunks (double on lower, single on upper) and has a large sliding door that can connect to lounge if needed.
- There is also a fold out foam double bed.
- We also have two excellent portacots.
- While we are happy for eight adults to stay in our cottage, please be aware that we only have one bathroom, one toilet and one living area so things can get a little cosy for eight.
We provide the following linen
- Bed sheets, Doonas, pillows and their covers, bathroom towels bath mats, and tea towels.
Guests are asked to bring beach towels and face washers if required.