Welcome to mas Meyeau!
Close to several major transport hubs (Avignon TGV is 40 minutes away, Marseille airport is 70 minutes away), this mas is situated at the entrance of the charming Provencal village of Cairanne, and surrounded by orchard, olive trees and luscious wine vineyards. Mas Meyeau is a superb holiday rental offering the level of accomodation expected by a discerning international clientele in search of a true Provencal experience.
The 5-bedroom Mas Meyeau (270m2 or 2906 Sq Ft) is designed to accomodate up to 10 people (12 if using the two spare beds at small additional rate), giving much space and privacy, an ideal place:
good for families and groups of friends.
Set in a magnificent garden lined with centuries old plane trees, this villa uniting two wings, offers grand and voluminous spaces both interior and exterior, completed with a beautiful natural concrete swimming-pool, size 59ft x 16ft5 (18x5m), secured with alarms.
- A bright & spacious entrance hall
- Two large living/dining plus kitchen
- Two sculleries, each equipped with a sink.
- Two toilets.
One master suite with a king bed (plus a third daybed) & full private en suite bathroom, private toilet.
Two bedrooms, each with a king bed (one on the 2 has a third daybed) with en suite bathrooms, shared toilet..
Two bedrooms with a king bed, shared bathroom and shared toilet.
All bedrooms have magnificent views on mont Ventoux and property vineyard.
All king beds 5ft x 6ft6 (1.80mx2.00m) can be split into 2 singles.
All bedrooms are equipped with AIR CONDITIONING.
A perfect combination of traditional charm of Provence with contemporary design and modern amenities.
All beds are made upon clients'arrival. Bed linen is all fine cotton.
Bath towels, table mats, dishcloths, swimming pool towels are also made available upon arrival.
One can relax and refresh in the lovely swimming-pool 59ft x 16ft5 (18mx5m) surrounded by Rhône Valley vineyards and overlooking Mt. Ventoux. Several lounge chairs are provided, or simply stretch out on a towel in the lawn surrounding the pool.
-The romantic Mas Meyeau house is located in Provence and surrounded by its own vineyard. It is close to several places worth visiting like Avignon with the historical Pope Palace, l'Isle sur la Sorgue for Antiquing, Orange for the Opera Chorégies Festival and its Roman Theater, Vaison la Romaine for its Dance Festival and Antique Remains, the Luberon for its Lavender fields, St. Remy de Provence for its Provence street Market, Aix en Provence as historical student-city, Uzès as a medieval and 16th century old town and the amazing Pont d'Arc Cavern in Ardèche.
-Several easy driving distance villages like Séguret, Roaix, Gigondas, the Crestet, to name a few are charming, old and some perched on the rocky chain Dentelles de Montmirail amidst beautiful nature, made of oaks, pines, olive trees and, of course, vines. All between to 10 mn driving.
-For each day of the week is a street market all year long, in one or the other charming towns that are close to the property, any more picturesque than the others. There is a street-market on Tuesday in Vaison-la-Romaine, Thursday in Orange, Friday in Carpentras
-Wine lovers are welcome to enjoy a private wine tour organised by the English-speaking owner, Nick, a highlight in people'stay in this region, due to Nick's deep knowledge and passion for the area. Sabine would also be only too pleased to cater for you. Please inquire.
More detailed Information about the house, the region, restaurants, activities and services offered by the owners is made available when booking.
- Situated at 1 km of the village of Cairanne, via a little countryside road.
- Cairanne is one of the most famous producing wine villages of the Southern Rhône Valley in the Vaucluse.
. The village provides day to day main shops : a grocery store, a bakery, a newspaper stand, a post office, a hair salon and two recommended and enjoyable restaurants.
- Within 5 to 15 minutes driving, there are bigger towns and villages offering different style of more or less sofisticated restaurants.
- Nearest one star Michelin restaurant at 10 minutes driving.
- 2 and 3 stars restaurants, both at 60 minutes.
(to be organised prior to arrival)
- A private wine tour organised by Nick, an english born winemaker who has spent more than 20 years in Provence.
- Delicious Dinner cooked by Sabine, a provencal native, who loves cooking and share.
- A private cooking Chef, highly recognized for his exceptional classic French cuisine, can offer cooking courses at the mas Meyeau. He has worked for 1 and 2 stars restaurants in France and abroad. Please inquire.
- Cleaning service is also availabe. Please inquire.
-The walking and cycling tracks either from the property or in the hills of the Dentelles de Montmirail are perfect to enjoy the nature or for sportive trips by mountain bike.
- Prior to arrival, Cycling Tours and 2CV mythic car rental can also be organised from the property.
- Rock climbing in the Dentelles de Montmirail
- Tennis courts in different places
- Beautiful golf course in Camaret
- Horse riding for adults and children