- English, French
Your well-travelled host, Catherine comes with a wealth of tourism knowledge and experience, having lived in Germany, Switzerland, Canada and London. I understand what makes a trip unique and unforgettable, while offering good value for money. As well as travelling, my interests are in food, art, hillwalking, and growing organic vegetables. Meeting people from around the world and having them in my home is a real pleasure ! :-)
Why Catherine chose Dungarvan
I live close to the town centre, and in a lovely quiet estate, not too close to the main roads so that traffic noise will not keep you awake.
What makes this House unique
Lonely Planet says "Brightly painted buildings ring Dungarvan's picturesque harbour, where the River Colligan meets the sea. This famously foodie town is home to some outstanding restaurants, a renowned cookery school and the annual West Waterford Festival of Food." Listed by Skyscanner in February 2019 as one of the Best Small Towns in Ireland, a visit here is 'A Must'! "Dungarvan in County Waterford is a coastal town and harbour on the south coast of Ireland. This part of Ireland is known as the ‘Sunny South East’. And for good reason as it tends to receive more sunshine than the rest of the country. The town, which opens up onto its own harbour, is a pretty market town that offers visitors plenty to do. When you’re not sitting by the harbour watching the boats bobbing up and down take a walk through the town and find its other picturesque gems. Places like the Old Market Art Centre and King John’s Castle are a great start. And when you want to get in touch with nature then the Comeragh Mountains and the Waterford Greenway are at your door."
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
The house is very close to Waterford Greenway, very popular for walkers and cyclists, fantastic free family fun!
Festivals in the area:
WHAT'S ON in WATERFORD: Festival Dates in Waterford:
* John Treacy 10 Mile Road Race - February
* St. Patrick's Day Parade - 17th - March
* West Waterford Festival of Food - April
* Waterford Writers Weekend - May
* Immrama Festival of Travel Writing - June
* The Robert Boyle Summer School - June
* Dungarvan TradFest - June B/H
* Blackwater Valley Opera Festival - June
* Dunmore East Festival of Food, Fun and Fish - June
* Summerval - July
* Ardmore Pattern Festival - July B/H
* Camphire International Horse Trials - July B/H
* Dungarvan Agricultural Show - July
* Spraoi Festival - August B/H
* Dunmore East Bluegrass Festival - August
* Harvest Festival Waterford - Sept
* Comeraghs Wild Festival - Sept
* Tramore Maritime Festival - - Sept
* Nire Valley Walking Festival - Oct
* Imagine Arts Festival - Oct
* Robert Boyle Science - Nov
* Winterval Nov- Dec