Only 1 hr north of Sydney, this award-winning absolute waterfront 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom luxury eco-retreat offers families, friends, and couples an immersive nature escape in Australian bushland. Encircled by 3 National Parks, it offers a host of luxury perks: plush beds & linens, Aurora Spa goodies, complimentary use of a Boat, Kayaks, SUPs, Fishing rods, WiFi, Platinum Foxtel, Netflix & AppleTV. Dine in with our Private Chef or out at the beloved Berowra Waters Inn & Peat's Bite restaurants.
F E A T U R E S
* Boat or seaplane-only access with a private jetty - arrival and departure boat transfers from Berowra Waters are included in rates
* Full in-house concierge service
* Guest boat, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, fishing rods and crab pots
* Entertainment including Foxtel Platinum HD, AppleTV, Netflix and Sonos
* 4 bedrooms inc 2 king/twin rooms, 2 queen rooms, and 3 bathrooms
* Contemporary designed relaxation & dining areas across 3 separate levels, plus waterfront lawn & garden
* EcoSmart fireplace for winter nights
* Full kitchen & laundry, with premium appliances
* Free Wi-Fi, guest phone and iPad use
A C C O L A D E S
* Finalist for Best Australian Boutique Hotel, Resort, Villa or Lodge in the Luxury Travel Gold List 2016 & 2015
* Best Indulgence Finalist Stayz Awards 2015
* Unique Accommodation Finalist in the NSW Tourism Awards 2014 & 2012
* Best Eco-Friendly Finalist Stayz Awards 2014
* Unique Accommodation Gold Winner at the 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards
* 4½ star rating by AAA Tourism for Self-Contained Accommodation
* Virgin Australia's Voyeur Magazine rated us as one of the world’s 51 top luxe experiences
* A top luxury pick in Fairfax's 52 Good Weekends Away
* The Weekend Australian rated us in the world's "Top Water Beds"
E X P E R I E N C E S
* 5 course lunch or dinner with the Lodge's private chef in one of our 8 possible dining spaces
* Private stand-up paddleboard yoga lessons in front of the Lodge
* Kayak to a secret waterfall at the head of one of Calabash Bay's 3 navigable creeks
* Bushwalk to the eerie ruins of a Federation-era folly atop Calabash Point
* Great North Walk bushwalking in late Winter/early Spring to see wild native flora in full bloom
* Unwind with a hot stone or remedial massage by the waterfront
* Arrive by 20 min scenic seaplane flight from Sydney Harbour direct to the Lodge's private jetty
C A L A B A S H B A Y L O D G E is surrounded by pristine eucalypt bushland and the ancient sandstone cliffs fronting onto the Hawkesbury River at Berowra Waters. With three national parks on each side of our riverfront location, the Ku’ring-gai Chase, Marramarra, and Berowra Valley, Calabash Bay Lodge offers an unparalleled eco-luxury escape perfect for weekend getaways from Sydney, multigenerational or multiple family holidays, as well as romantic luxury couples retreats in celebration of honeymoons or babymoons, or just to spoil a lover. Calabash Bay Lodge is also a unique and inspiring venue for a corporate reward, strategy workshop, or health and wellness retreat.
S L E E P All of Calabash Bay Lodge's rooms feature north-facing floor to ceiling views to a 4km sweep of riverfront that ends at our private pontoon and waterfront garden. You’ll have the deepest and most refreshing sleep in our four beautifully-appointed bedrooms with plush organic 1000 count cotton bedlinen – including 2 king bedrooms with AH Beard premium luxury beds, that can also be split into 2 king single beds as required for groups of family, friends or colleagues, and 2 with Sealy Posturepedic queen beds. All bedrooms have outdoor balconies and water views, and there are 3 bathrooms, 2 being private ensuites with luxury Italian rain showers, with complimentary toiletries from cult Australian spa brands Aurora Spa & ROHR Remedy.
T H E S P A C E Our interior-designed indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones across 3 levels feature contemporary International and Australian design from B&B Italia, Viccarbe, Kartell, Planet & Coco Republic. Essential modern amenities, including complimentary WiFi, Samsung SmartTV with Apps, Netflix, Foxtel Platinum HD Cable TV service, Sonos wireless stereo system, Wii games console, DVD player, plus a Netflix, and AppleTV with in-house movie library and iPad for guest use.
O U T D O O R S The real entertainment is outdoors on the Hawkesbury River however, with complimentary use of a NSW Hire & Drive licensed & insured guest boat for fishing and adventuring, 1 double and 2 single kayaks, 2 stand up paddleboards (SUPs) as well as fishing rods and a crab pot to try your luck at catching dinner. You can swim year-round directly off our private pontoon, or take the boat for a spin to a nearby secluded low tide beach. You can also bushwalk directly from the property's rear or take the boat to a nearby trail head for the Great North Walk.
R E L A X For those craving more relaxation, savour the atmosphere waterside in our hanging pod chair, on the Brazilian hammock under the shade of our jacaranda tree, or our Ici et La French striped deck chairs. Or spend the afternoon lazing on our Patricia Urquiola designed Canasta day bed on the upstairs terrace, soaking up the magical atmosphere of life on the waterfront from above and figuring out which boat you'll buy when you win the lottery or when that start-up begins to pay its way.
C E L E B R A T I N G a special birthday or anniversary? Our Private Chef can cater a 3 or 5 course lunch or dinner for an unforgettable experience. We love Big-Oh birthdays and have been lucky to have helped celebrate a few Ruby and Golden anniversaries. We can also provide gourmet pre-prepared meals, picnic lunches, or pre-stock the kitchen pantry & fridge for a minimum spend and service fee. Please ask using the "contact host" link for more information.
S P O I L If you feel like spoiling yourself further, we can arrange therapists to provide massage and spa treatments in-house for you. Organising a Healthy Hen's or getting the girls together for a weekend away? Book an onsite private yoga or SUP yoga classes to take your weekend of relaxation to the next level. Or feeling indulgent? Our Sommelier can lead you through a wine tasting experience with accompanying cheese, perfect for a group of girls eager for laughter and learning. Please ask using the "contact host" link for more information.
S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y Being sustainable in our activities and protecting the environment is something we take seriously. All energy used at Calabash Bay Lodge is fully carbon offset, we have an eco-friendly waste system and we clean only with chemical-free natural products from Norwex and TriNature, so as to have the lowest possible footprint on our pristine natural environment. We use phosphate free and plant-based washing powders for our linens washed onsite, to prevent chemicals from leaching into the marine environment.
A L L E R G I E S ? We have latex pillows, 100% cotton bedding, and fragrance-free paper products so any allergy sufferers can relax and enjoy their holiday too.
P E T S Four-legged friends are welcome to join you on your holiday on an outdoors only basis by prior approval before booking - an additional pet bond may apply. We have a safe and secure undercover sleeping area for them to enjoy.