THE EVENING STAR is in the Bright Wine and Alpine High Country. It is situated in a picturesque valley on the outskirts of Bright in the highly sought out and popular area of Wandiligong . A 5 minute drive to the centre of Bright or an easy bike ride along the shared walk /bike track . The beautiful stylish modern home overlooks a picturesque River Reserve and its mountains , creeks and river . The open plan design of the house, the huge glass doors, windows and wrap around decks all take full advantage of the beauty, tranquility and magnificence of its enviable setting. Neutral ,natural, earthy colours and materials are used throughout the house to further compliment the beauty of natures calming colours . Guests tell us the house has a welcoming open, bright and light feel which helps them to relax and let go of their day-to-day anxieties , especially when they see the welcoming complimentary bottle of local wine and nibbles to enjoy.
If you don't want to cook on your first night, the Wandi pub (voted best regional pub in Victoria ) is just a short walk away. There's also a wonderful fresh food market a little further past the Pub that sells the best local fresh produce, amazing cider and apples from their orchard. For your first breakfast we provide you with a generous breakfast hamper that you can either cook in the house or out on the deck. taking in deep breaths of fresh, clean mountain air.
There are lots of wonderful sights and activities for you to explore and enjoy around the house and further afield. However many our guests often spend most of their time enjoying all the wonderful restorative powers that being immersed into a natural beautiful setting provides .
The Master ensuite is spacious , light ,airy and bright . It has a stunning view of the mountain, its valley and nature reserve . The deep freestanding spa bath incorporates MicroSilk technology - you can read about its beauty and health benefits on the MicroSilk website. Guests love soaking in it. The shower is also "state of the art" and features Aurajet technology. Double Vanities and Walk in Shower.
Ecossential shampoo guest bottles , conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, soaps and bath salts as well as bamboo bath towel sets are provided in both bathrooms.
The Queen bedroom's bathroom is also large , bright and light . It has a large sky window showcasing the sky's sparkling bright stars on our many clear nights and also has double vanities and walk in shower featuring a Waterfall / Rain head shower .
* Have French doors that open onto private balconies
* Pillowtop mattresses , beds are dressed in Pure French Flax Linen, which is soft and beautiful to sleep in.
* Ceiling Fans
* Reverse cycle air cons
* Nobo heaters
* A Pillow Menu is provided to further enhance your sleep comfort
* Welcoming Chocolate hearts on the beds.
*Light filled open space
* Open plan living allows you to fully enjoy the beauty and spaciousness of our setting.
* Large modular leather lounge.
* Open fire for winter ambience (unlimited wood supply)
* Large Smart TV , free Wi-Fi
* Kitchen stocked with everything you need to cook or bake.
* Reverse cycle air conditioner
DECK & FIREPIT
* Outdoor lounge with shade sail erected during warmer months.
* Outdoor table, chairs and umbrella.
* Occasional chairs and table
* Outdoor firepit and chairs (unlimited wood)
EXTRAS WE SUPPLY
-fresh eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk and juice
-bread, butter, condiments
-T2 teas, variety of black, green and white, herbal, chai
-coffee pods, many strengths and flavours for you to choose from
-chai and chocolate pods
-local bottle of wine and nibbles
* The Wandi Pub (old pub atmosphere, good food, drinks and music) just a short stroll away. Voted Best Regional pub in Victoria and is considered the best place in Bright for meals .
* Wandiful Produce, a biodynamic micro farm, produce store and shed café (farm to table)
* Wandi Maze, Café and Mini Golf, 2 kilometres of maze pathways, licensed café, renowned home baked cakes; just a short walk across the swing bridge below the property
* Nightingale Farm Store, local produce, fruit, vegetables, nuts, juices and ciders
* Walking Tracks (beneath property) follow course of river all the way into Bright with swing bridges, BBQ and picnic tables, fishing spots, bird hide and local swimming hole
* Bike Paths, link into the Bright Mountain to Murray bike trail network
* Historical Buildings
* Wineries, Cafes, Restaurants, Boutique Breweries, Gin Distillery, Cheese Factory, Farm Gates and Farms
* Mount Buffalo National Park
* Alpine National Park
* Ski Resorts
* Hiking and Cycle Paths
* King Valley
* Bright Cinema
* Golf Clubs and so much more. Just visit the Bright Information Centre
The Evening Star provides 1 x king size bed in the master bedroom (boasting magnificent mountain views) and 1 x queen bed in the second bedroom. The property has two large modern bathrooms making it ideal for one or two couples.
All towels & Fresh Linen provided.
Check in 3:00pm
Check out 11:00am
Strictly NO CHILDREN UNDER 10
Strictly NO PETS
NO SMOKING indoors
No Parties, Weddings or functions without consent of owners and property manager.
Minimum two night stay
Christmas / New Year 1 week
Long Weekends 3-4 nights
Prices are per couple per night for master bedroom and its ensuite .
For use of the second bedroom and bathroom an additional charge of $30 per adult per night or $25 for a child.
For one couple who would like to use the second bedroom or bathroom an additional charge of $50 applies to cover extra cleaning and laundry costs
The Perfect Gift for Someone - Gift Vouchers Available
"From the moment we set foot inside we realised the "Million Dollar Mountain Views" was an understatement. This place is truly priceless. An amazing place that provided us with all the essentials to relax, unwind, appreciate wildlife and nature. Just magical!!"
Mark & Suzi.
"Thank you for providing such a magical place. The balcony is ideal for inspiration, thought and perspective. I came here to getaway; to make the world stop. I achieved much more than a holiday. I feel inspired, energised and ready to start anew. The stars were spectacular, the ambience calming. Your home helps to influence all of natures wonder into whoever visits. Thank you."
"Our stay was one of the best experiences in a very long time.
Great location, quiet, immaculate and the owners seemed to think of everything.
We have already recommended The Evening Star to many of our friends even though we would rather keep it a secret. "
"Thank you for letting my family stay in your beautiful house. We could not have wished for anything more perfect. The city stress melted from our shoulders as we sat on your decking. We loved the house design; we kept wondering how we could have a holiday house just like it!!! We hope we can come again."
"We had a delightful stay in Wandi. Loved the house, the views, and the stars. Looking forward to our next stay."
Gabrielle and Alistair, Vic
"From opening the front door of The Evening Star I felt instantly at home. The place manages to provide first class, contemporary accommodation with a cosy, welcoming feel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return some time soon. "
"Great house, best equipped self-contained accomodation we have encountered. Thanks for having us."
Bernadette & Nicholas
"The house design is fab, with all our needs catered for. Loved the espresso machine & deck! It's the perfect place for stressed people to relax. Thanks for thinking of everything."
Lynda & Craig
5 Things that you MUST do while staying here:
1. Visit Mount Buffalo national park. It is a half hour drive, and visually spectacular. You must do a walk, and see what the world looks like from this amazing rock formation. Take a swim in the pure granite swimming holes or hire a canoe on lake Catani.
2. Have a coffee or lunch at the Wandi Maze. It is a 5 minute walk from the house through the historic diggings. This is the largest living hedge maze in Australia, and the gardens surrounding the cafe are sooooooo relaxing. Try a piece of the enormous delicious passionfruit sponge cake!
3. At night under a clear starry sky, you simply must stargaze from the deck of The Evening Star. The deck has been designed so that you are immersed beneath a truly spectacular night sky. There are no streetlights that will affect your experience with unwanted light. Once you stand on that deck at night and take in the beauty of the sky up here, you'll want to sleep all day just to have enough energy to do it all again the next night.
4.. Go for a day trip to up to Mount Hotham and Dinner Plain. On the way up to Mount Hotham you could stop off and walk across the Razorback to Mount Feathertop. The views and sense of space from up there are truly mind blowing. If you are feeling extravagant after this call in to the Dinner Plain Day Spa for a massage or dip in the Japanese inspired Onsen, or just kick back in the pub and have lunch or an ale. However if you just feel like hanging around Wandi and a massage at The Evening Star would cap off a relaxing day, just call Judi and she will arrange for a qualified masseur be there.
There is so much to do and see you'll need a whole week!