Enjoy a 1950s experience 1 house back from Aldinga Beach with 2019 mod cons
About John Gosbell
I'm a big fan of the 50s era and one day hope to own a finned 1959 Cadillac and to visit Palm Springs USA.
John Gosbell purchased this House in 2008
Why John Gosbell chose Aldinga Beach
My wife Emma and I have been running the ReTrO Shack since 2008 and enjoy providing guests with a unique retro experience in a genuine 1955 shack (not many left any more due to 'progress').
What makes this House unique
Take a step back in time and soak up the 1950s vibes complete with genuine 1950s furnishings in a 1955 constructed Aussie Beach shack. only 1 house back from the beach. Time stands still @ The ReTrO Shack
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Character house close to beach access with a large open backyard.
We had a wonderful few days at the retro shack. Easy access to the beach for us and the dogs. The house was clean with all you could need along with a trip down memory lane.
Wonderful property, what a gem!
We really enjoyed our stay at this relaxed comfortable property that is great for the whole family. The back yard is really big, beautifully kept, with a great bbq. The beds and furniture are all really comfortable and the mod cons appreciated in amongst the fabulous retro decor. I loved reading the old mags while the kids played Pacman. Aldinga is one of our favourite places to holiday and we're really happy to have found this place. Thank you for having us!
So very cool!
Loved my stay at the ReTrO Beach Shack. The furniture & memorabilia were awesome- it was like stepping back in time... Especially loved the old school Womens Day magazines! Excellent positioning to the beach, cafè's & shopping. Clean, comfy & with a heap of extras- which came in very handy; nespresso machine, boogie boards, sun lounge, dvd's, board games & lots of brochures & info on all the surrounding attractions. Great backyard too. Loved it. Will be back again soon!
Great Family friendly rental
Our family had a blast the shack had everything and more that you could possibly want or need, our 2 pugs were very happy with their stay also a beautiful secure pet and child friendly yard and property I would recommend this place to anyone, we can't wait to return, very clean and stacks to do.
Excellent property and location
The family and dog had an amazing stay in the retro property with all the mod cons and retro furnishings. Great location and fantastic safe backyard. Highly recommended to stay in this
Extremely clean property. Thanks John
Lovely and relaxing
We have a lovely and relaxing time away. We will definitely be returning.
The area surrounding the ReTrO Shack is a quiet and peaceful allowing you to hear the surf when it's up.
Aldinga Beach is a 45 minute drive from central Adelaide via the no cost southern expressway and 40 minutes drive from Adelaide Airport and offers easy access to the abundant variety of attractions available within the Fleurieu Peninsula region.
• short wander to the beach
• 500m south to Aldinga Bay Cafe and Breeze Cafe
• 600m north to Jimmies Takeaway
• 600m north to playground with BBQ and toilets
• 2km (2 min) to the famous drive on beach voted 2013 best beach in SA
• 3km (3 min) to Port Willunga beach featuring the Star of Greece Cafe
• 10km (10 min) to Willunga featuring the weekend Farmers & Artisans Markets and plenty of lovely eateries.
• 12km (12 min) to Sellicks Beach featuring the renowned Victory Hotel
• 15km (15 min) to the premier food and wine district of McLaren Vale featuring 60+ wineries & gourmet eateries.
• 35km (30 min) to Carrickalinga & Normanville Jetty
• 47km (40 min) scenic drive to Victor Harbor
• 60km (50 min) to Rapid Bay featuring the recently re-opened jetty
• Numerous weekend markets at Myponga (15km), Yankalilla (30km), Inman Valley(45km), Goolwa (45km) & Victor Harbor (47km)