VILLA SEGALE is an historical stone country house dating from the 11th century, strategically located on the charming hills above Lucca. Its privileged position allows his guests to discover all the most important areas of Tuscany and Liguria (Portofino and Cinque Terre).
THE VILLA (5.000 ft² - 450 m²) ENJOYS AN UNRIVALED PANORAMA - almost certainly the best of the whole Lucca area - and it is SURROUNDED BY 80 ACRES (32 HECTARES) OF PRIVATE LAND, including VINEYARDS and OLIVE GROVES.
After long deep research on the territory, the villa was beautifully restored according to the HIGHEST STANDARD and COMFORTS:
- 6 gorgeous panoramic air-conditioned bedrooms: five spacious, elegant bedrooms with stylish en-suite full bathrooms at first floor + one elegant and cozy bedroom with full bathroom (not en-suite) at ground floor.
- 80 Acres (32 Hectares) of private land, a good portion of which are vineyards and olive groves that ensure an outstanding and exclusive sense of privacy.
- Independent Air Conditioning in all six bedrooms.
- Peace. Beauty. Tranquility. Freedom. Absolute sense of privacy.
- 2 Panoramic Verandas (first one with big stone dining table and BBQ; second one equipped as 'relax zone' with sofas).
- Panoramic Big Swimming Pool (14 x 7 meters) treated with 'Nature2', the best system for water treatment.
- Maid Service 3 times per week included.
- House Manager that welcomes guests at their arrival, explains the villa and helps with organization.
- Free Wireless Broadband Internet. Also in the Pool Area!
- 46' High-Def Satellite TV (with Blu-Ray/DVD and movie collection) + Stereo/Radio
- Net Screens on all the Windows (removable).
-Ping Pong Table (Table Tennis)
The villa, with its 450 SQUARE METERS, sleeps up to 12 PEOPLE and was beautifully restored according to the highest standard and comforts.
The ground floor is huge with a large entrance, a sitting room with fireplace, a formal dining room, a large fully fitted kitchen, a small study with a high definition satellite TV (with blu-ray player and a private movie collection), an elegant and cozy air-conditioned bedroom with joinable twin beds (if joined they form a comfortable queen bed), and a full bathroom. Two big panoramic verandas – the first one for dining, equipped with a stone BBQ and a spacious stone table, and the second one for relaxation, equipped with outdoor sofas – complete the ground floor.
On the first floor there are five air-conditioned bedrooms with en suite bathrooms: two of them are queen-bedded and are considered the magnificent master bedrooms; the other three bedrooms come with joinable twin beds (if joined they form a comfortable queen bed). All bedrooms are spacious with tasteful furnishing, ample wardrobe space and have large open windows overlooking the charming valley and enjoying the same spectacular view characteristic of the house.
The furniture dates back to the 19th century and was purchased in antique shops in the area of Tuscany. The wrought-iron comfortable beds were all handmade by one the greatest craftsman in Arezzo. Moreover, the Villa is completely floored with ancient mezzane, while ceilings have been restored with ancient chestnut beams. These are just a few examples, since only ancient original materials were used in the renovation process, in order to completely preserve the authentic Tuscan tradition of this unique magical place.
*****LOCATION AND PANORAMA*****
The location of Villa Segale is magnificent.
Perched among green and forested valleys west of Lucca, SEGALE IS SURROUNDED BY 80 ACRES (32 HECTARES) OF OLIVE GROVES AND VINEYARDS.
Such an uncommon spectacular area allows plenty of space to wander and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the property’s extensive grounds. Hence guests can join the natural unspoilt surroundings and admire the local fauna such as owls, birds, hawks, hedgehogs and fireflies.
The spectacular view across the valley towards the Renaissance monuments of the cities of Lucca and Pisa is to die for. Thanks to its exclusive position, on a typical clear day guests can admire the valley below and the whole landscape up to 40 km around. On the clearest days also the sea of Livorno can be seen.
Photos cannot portray the powerful details of such an exceptional view which is recognized as the most stunning in the whole area of Lucca.