|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
VILLA SEGALE is an historical stone country house dating from the 11th century, strategically located on the charming hills above Lucca. Its privileged position allows his guests to discover all the most important areas of Tuscany and Liguria (Portofino and Cinque Terre).
THE VILLA (5.000 ft² - 450 m²) ENJOYS AN UNRIVALED PANORAMA - almost certainly the best of the whole Lucca area - and it is SURROUNDED BY 80 ACRES (32 HECTARES) OF PRIVATE LAND, including VINEYARDS and OLIVE GROVES.
After long deep research on the territory, the villa was beautifully restored according to the HIGHEST STANDARD and COMFORTS:
- 5 spacious, elegant and panoramic bedrooms with stylish ensuite full bathrooms at first floor + 1 elegant and cozy bedroom with full bathroom (not ensuite) at ground floor.
- 80 Acres (32 Hectares) of private land, a good portion of which are vineyards and olive groves that ensure an outstanding and exclusive sense of privacy.
- Independent Air Conditioning for all the 5 bedrooms at first floor.
- 2 Panoramic Terraces (first one with big stone dining table and BBQ; second one equipped as 'relax zone').
- Panoramic Big Swimming Pool (14 x 7 metres) treated with 'Nature2', the best system for water treatment.
- Maid Service 3 times per week included.
- House Manager that welcomes guests at their arrival, explains the villa and helps with organization.
- Wireless Broadband Internet + Stereo/Radio.
- 46' High-Def Satellite Tv (with Blu-Ray/dvd and movie collection).
- Net Screens on all the Windows (removable).
- Complete Sense of Privacy, Tranquillity and Freedom.
The house, with its 450 SQUARE METRES, sleeps up to 12 PEOPLE.
The ground floor is very spacious with a large entrance, a sitting room with fireplace, a formal dining room, a large fully fitted kitchen, a small study with a stunning 46' high definition satellite tv (with blu-ray player and more than 30 movies to choose from), an elegant and cozy bedroom with two joinable single beds, and a full bathroom.
On the first floor there are five air-conditioned bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms: two of them are double-bedded, one is the magnificent master bedroom; two more rooms are twin-bedded, while the last one comes with two joinable single beds. All bedroms are spacious with tasteful furnishing, ample wardrobe space and have large open windows overlooking the valley and enjoying the same spectacular view characteristic of the house.
The furniture dates back to the 19th century and was purchased in antique shops in the area of Tuscany.
The wrought-iron comfortable beds were all handmade by Mr. Caporali, the greatest craftsman in Arezzo. Moreover, the Villa is completely floored with mezzane, while ceilings have been restored with ancient chestnut beams.
*****LOCATION AND PANORAMA*****
The location of Villa Segale is magnificent.
Perched among green and forested valleys west of Lucca, SEGALE IS SURROUNDED BY 80 ACRES (32 HECTARES) OF OLIVE GROVES AND VINEYARDS. Such a wide area allows plenty of space to wander and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the property's extensive grounds.
Its spectacular view across the valley towards the Renaissance monuments of the cities of Lucca and Pisa is to die for. Thanks to its height of 350 m. above sea level and to its unique position, on a typical clear day guests can admire the valley below and the whole landscape up to 40 km around.
Photos cannot portray the powerful details of such an EXCEPTIONAL VIEW WHICH IS RECOGNIZED AS THE MOST STUNNING IN THE WHOLE AREA OF LUCCA.
In the 80 Acres (32 hectares) territory with a 360° panoramic view, hunting is strictly forbidden the whole year round. Hence guests can join the natural unspoilt surroundings and admire the local fauna such as owls, poults, hawks, hedgehogs and fireflies.
I am a doctor, who inherited this beautiful place almost 10 years ago. After generations this wonderful place 'arrived' to me and to my family, and we've immediately felt in love with it!
This is a truly unique place and that's the reason why I love it so much. Considering today's standards, it's almost impossible to still find places with similar attributes: a fascinating hystorical stonehouse surrounded by 32 hectares of private land - including olive groves and wineyards - immersed in a complete sense of privacy and tranquility. At the same time being so close to Lucca city (9km) as well as to other many fascinating places. This place is a truly hidden pearl !
Enjoying the most beautiful panorama of the Lucca area and living inside a traditional 11th century stonehouse that has been carefully renewed at the highest standards, while keeping completely intact the fascinating Tuscan tradition.
The location of the villa is also unique: it grants a strong sense of privacy and allows its guests to enjoy a real natural and regenerating experience. At the same time the strategic position - just 9 km from Lucca city - allows guests to visit all the beautiful cities and places of Tuscany (and also outside Tuscany) with day trips.
Our last day at Villa Segale was yesterday and today we leave shortly to fly back to the U.S. I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at Villa Segale
Villa Segale is truly a beautiful place and I must commend you on how exquisite the furnishings and other interior decorations are. Everything is done perfectly and you can see that a lot of thought and love went into the restoration of this grand home. Every window, light fixture, or painting offers another photo opportunity. And then there are the grounds and the pool which is perfect.
Segale was also a wonderful return to nature for us. The fruit trees and vineyards; the birds and insects; the sunrises, breezes and of course the views make Segale a truly exceptional location. We live in the city in Boston so this was a special retreat for us.
So thank you again for sharing your beautiful home with us. It was a highlight of our month here in Italy.
Thank you again, Julia C.
The owners of Villa Segale manage to make guests feel welcome and at home in this tastefully furnished and incredibly beautiful house. Marco was most kind in patiently answering all our questions and providing very useful recommendations on wining and dining and lots more.
Altogether we had a wonderful time there!
We have just returned home from Italy. We are a family of 8, 7 adults and 1 baby. This villa and the people associated with it, is the epitome of a beautiful, relaxing vacation. The pictures are beautiful, but when you are there, it is breathtaking.
From the moment you are in communication with Marco regarding the booking of this villa, you know you are in capable hands. Everything will go smoothly, because Marco and Michela ( manager) will ensure that it will. I can not say enough kind things regarding Michela. She is sweet, personable and helpful. She goes above and beyond in role as a manager of this villa.
And there is Elisabetta and her daughter Andrea. Elisabetta is the housekeeper and chef if you desire to have a Tuscan meal cooked for you and served on the veranda by sweet Andrea. And you should, because having a meal cooked by Elisabetta is equivalent to icing on your favourite cake. Elisabetta is passionate about everything she does. She works very hard in maintaining the cleaniness of the villa. We enjoyed our many conversations with Elisabetta while she cleaned.
Then there is the villa with the panoramic view that is just breathtaking!! You, literally, cannot take your eyes from the view!! You are perched on a mountain overlooking Lucca and Pisa.
The villa is a 11th century stone home with modern conveniences. Beautiful. Spacious. Clean. The verandas with grapevines canopying above you, as you read, eat or drink reminds you that you are in a very special place. The cool refreshing pool. Trails behind the villa and the road down to the ancient church. Olive groves and vineyards surround the villa and will excite the explorer in you. You will not be bored!!
In fact, it will be hard to leave this idyllic spot.
Our family has travelled extensively, but we all agree this is the one we hope to return to.
Thank you Marco, Michela, Elisabetta and Andrea.
You can not ask for more. Everything with house was perfect. The house and the view is even more beutiful than what the picture shows.
Michela and everybody that we have been in contact with have all been wonderful.
Thanks for a lovely week!
We absolutely loved everything about staying here. The pictures don't do the view justice, they're simply jaw dropping. The drive up is challenging the first time but by the end of the week it was almost fun ;-)
The villa itself is stunning inside the decor is so tastefully Tuscan you really feel you're staying in the best Tuscan house you can imagine. The bedrooms are extremely well equipped with a/c which is such a luxury in the Tuscan summer. The pool has amazing views over Lucca, pisa and even the Mediterranean on a clear day.
The real gem of this villa is the people though.We were greeted by Michela who was an amazing resource throughout the week answering all types of questions we had. Elisabetta is so much more than a great housekeeper. You must get her to cook for you. The food was great but the care and attention she provided to our kids teaching them about what she was cooking was truly the highlight of the trip.
You have to try the local butcher for lunch it's outstanding.
Overall couldn't have enjoyed this villa more other than staying longer.
This is our third Villa rental in Tuscany and clearly the best. I have climbed many, many mountains in search of the quality of the view that you get routinely from the front patio, each bedroom window and the oversize outdoor dining table under the grapevines. The view is spectacular. The feeling is that of a large land owner without all the headaches that go with having a large estate! There are so many things to say that should help guide others:
1. The price is a great value. The property takes a bit of work to get to but you are handsomely rewarded.
2. The roads to the Villa are a bit challenging. They are very doable. After a couple of times up and down and you feel at ease. But you probably will experience a bit of anxiety on your first drive in. Just know that this is a very, very, very, very small added "price" to pay for the rewards ahead.
3. The owner provides exceptional customer service. Before your stay and during your stay, there is exceptional communication and responsiveness.
4. There are five bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and a sixth that has a bathroom a bit of ways away. There are gorgeous common areas laid out so that if you want to get away from others in the party for a bit of private time, it's so very easy.
5. One of my brother-in-laws is a political geographer specializing in Italian politics. His favorite city in all of Italy is Lucca. On visiting the walled city you'll agree that it is a much less crowded spectacular place to experience the joys that come with walking the cobblestones of an historic Italian town/city state.
6. We had three evening meals in the house so we could enjoy the views with wine. The Lucca valley is absolutely stunning in the evening sun into the night lights.
7. We used an agency for the day we went to Cinque Terre. A car took us to La Spezia where we boarded a boat to Porto Venere and then on to Cinque Terre. Lunch was at Belforte at Vernazza (must book in advance). We continued with a boat to Monterosso where we boarded a train to the car. The car returned us to the Villa. You can arrange some wonderful days that are highly creative!
This Villa and this owner get my highest ratings. Lucca is way under appreciated as a Tuscan location and Marco cares deeply about his clients.
From the moment our group of 12 arrived at Villa Segale we knew our time in Italy was going to be a dream come true.
As Elisabetta and her daughter Andrea shown us around, the excitement was obvious in all our expressions. As beautiful as the pictures are - they are nothing compared to the real thing!
Everything about our stay was perfect, from my emails with Marco, to the delicious meal Elisabetta prepared for us on our first night.
The vistas are breathtaking, the home is well appointed and very comfortable. We did much of our own cooking enjoying the outside living area around the beautiful stone table and cooking on the open fire. We would gathered on the terrace before dinner and enjoy the freshly picked figs from nearby trees along with the excellent cheeses we bought at the local market.
The villa is an ideal location to many day trips. Florence, Cinque Terre, and Lucca were all easily reached by car or train.
On our last night, the town of Lucca put on a wonderful firework display that we watched from the terrace. What a wonderful ending to a very special time.
We have already recommend Villa Segale to our friends and would love to to return someday soon!
Thank you Marco, Elisabetta, Andrea and Michela! You all have our highest praise.
The villa is located in a very strategic position that allows his guests to discover all the most important areas of Tuscany and Liguria (Portofino and Cinque Terre).
Lucca is an marvelous historycal medieval city that offers fascinating sightseeinsg, restaurants and shops.
Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi (with their famous beaches), Pietrasanta (centre for sculptors from all over the world), and Pisa (with her famous pending tower), are all 20-30 minutes away by car.
Florence, Chianti, San Gimignano, Sienna, Maremma, Cinque Terre and Portofino are all 1-2 hours away.
Be ready to discover the fascinating gems of Tuscany!
- A house manager that welcomes you & help you prior and during your staying
- Maid service 3 days (3 hours each day) per week
- Cleaning before and after your staying
- Air Conditioning
- High speed WiFi broadband
- Pool usage
- Ample bed linen, pool towels & bath towels are provided (and changed each week, if staying more than one week)
- Water & Electricity
- Heating (20 °C degree temperature)
- Cot & high chair, on request (for free)
Rates do not include:
- Refundable Security Deposit (cash) (mandatory): 900 €
- Private chef / cook service