|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Blue Note House is a 19th century fully furnished and renovated home with private pool. It has 4 rooms (sleeps 8), 4 full bathrooms, a private pool, sea, mountain and castle hill views. It is located 100m from Assos beach & restaurants. The Eco-friendly architecture of the two-storey building reflects a traditional Mediterranean style, with thick stone-walls, private balconies for al fresco dining, barbeque, patios, sun terraces and a bougainvillea pergola. The villa is Greek tourist board (EOT) accredited (no 0458K92000418401).
At the heart of the small seaside fishing village of Assos, it is a very short walk (100m) from local amenities: the beach, two mini markets, a few tavernas, a cafe and a bar. The holiday villa is situated on a quiet and central location, not overlooked by any other properties. Blue Note House has unrestricted views over the sea at Assos bay, the surrounding green mountains, the picturesque village of Assos, the Venetian castle hill and the starry sky at night.
The holiday villa has bio-climatic features drawn from traditional Mediterranean architecture, such as thick stone-walls for added insulation, windows with shades, a dual aspect design for proper airing of spaces, natural shading and protection from northern winds, due to its location and orientation. A biological septic tank is used for wastewater treatment.
Blue Note House has great unrestricted views and it is centrally located and quiet, as it stands on elevated ground. In order to reach the external entrance of the house, you walk up twenty stairs from street level. The private covered garage is on street level. It can accommodate one small to medium size car. There is no direct access from the garage to the house. There is also a municipal free car park area 50 meters from the villa.
A large bougainvillea pergola covers the lower ground patio, as you enter the villa grounds. One of the upper floor verandas enjoys ample natural shade from a very large Eucalyptus tree, while tents are also available. Thus it is very comfortable to sit outside, even during extreme heat or sunshine. If you wish to get a sun tan it is possible to sunbathe on the verandas or the pool area.
The two upper floor verandas both have built in sitting areas. When dinning outdoors, you can easily transport dishes from the kitchen, as the main veranda dining area is located outside the kitchen & living area. Cushions are provided.
Located on a separate level, the private swimming pool area is ideal for sunbathing, with a small pool (5x5x1.30meters), sunbeds, a small table and a small built-in charcoal barbecue. Private access to the swimming pool area from the upper floor is possible, as you can walk down the veranda staircase, without going through the ground floor exit. In the same way, you can access the upper floor from an external staircase, when coming in from outside.
The main entrance to the house is on ground level. As you enter, a large bedroom is situated on the left, with a double bed, a study and en-suite bathroom with shower enclosure. To the right, you can find a common lounge area, a shower room, a WC and a utility room with a washing machine. A second bedroom with two single beds (bunk bed) and a study is also situated there. Both bedrooms are equipped with large wardrobes and have their own independent access to the patio and the private swimming pool.
On the upper floor, there is a spacious sitting lounge with designer black leather sofas, coffee table, built-in shelves with French books, a fireplace, a dining table, a fully equipped functional open plan kitchen. On this floor, down the corridor, is situated a large bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom (with a bathtub), a second bedroom with two single beds (bunk bed) and a bathroom (with a shower enclosure). The whole floor is equipped with central air-conditioning. The kitchen and the main bedroom have access to two large verandas, with tents and built-in sitting areas, ideal for a lazy breakfast, sun tanning or dinner with sea and castle hill views. Both verandas are connected by separate staircases to the ground floor patio, the private swimming pool area and the villa entrance.
All four bedrooms have independent access to the patios, sunny verandas and the swimming pool, so you can go outside without disturbing the other guests. If you feel like reading, the bedrooms and the living room area are furnished with built in shelves which contain lots of French books, such as novels, car magazines and children's books, as well as games, sightseeing guides to Kefalonia, Zakynthos, and nearby Greek islands.
* 1st-8th September 2013. Blue Not House - a beautiful and charming villa in an idyllic setting! Niki and everyone involved thank you so much for letting us stay in your villa and for making the transaction so easy! We absolutely loved the goodie basket with the home-made cake and essentials to help us settle in. This holiday has been amazing - we both feel so relaxed after a week in Assos. Please accept our thanks! Claire and Colin (Hampshire). P.S. I asked Claire to marry me and she said yes! P.P.S. We will return again and again!
* 8th - 16th September 2013. A delightful stay & obviously the best house in Assos! Wonderful too that it is back in the ownership of a Kephalonian family! Really good barbeque - we had sea bass from Fiskardo and lots of loukanika/souvlaki etc. For future guests: (1) swimming in the deep sea from the point beyond the harbour wall is a must (follow the path via steps BEFORE the taverna & carry on past the building site... (2) lovely walk up the track to the south gate at the fort (which starts steeply from the very beginning of the main route) and continue across the peninsula through olive groves to the northern cliff edge (3) lovely walks up the tracks behind the house into the hill (4) excellent baker for bacclava etc on the waterfront road at Agia Efimia (5) Sea edge taverna under shaded eucalypts at Karavomilos (2km before Sami) a lovely setting (6) Boat hire at Fiskardo a must to explore isolated coves along coast. Many thanks and wishes Neil, Debbie et al.U.K.
* 19-29 Sept 2013. Fantastic stay, very relaxing, what a great place to stay! thanks to previous guests for the tips. (1) deep sea swimming from the point beyond the harbor - best when the sea is at its calmest (2) loved the south gate walk up to the castle - fabulous in the early morning - watch out for them goats and recommend sturdy shoes (3) great walk up the tracks - watch out for the cliff it's closer than you think. Good route to car park up the road on the south side of town and then follow up the high road - if you go the other way it's strangely mainly downhill. Had great meals in all the tavernas, the local wine by the way is lovely. Good snorkeling at most places but recommend tiny beach accesible from the paved road to the castle. Jones x 3 Lucas x 2. Shrewsbury Shropshire.
the Blue Note House is so special that I would quite like to keep it a secret in case it's hard to get future bookings. On the other hand Niki and Koula and the family have worked so hard that they deserve every success.
We LOVED the Blue Note House - it is tasteful, spacious, comfortable and welcoming. The views are spectacular and it is only a stone's throw from everything that lovely Assos has to offer. The mini market is just below the house and has everything you could possibly need and is run by a charming woman who observed our attempts to clean her out of Mythos and retsina with a quiet dignity.
Assos is small but perfectly formed - unspoilt and uncommercial - with beauty everywhere you look.
There are three good tavernas (Molos on the water is strangely underrated on trip advisor but we loved it - try he zucchini balls and fresh fish all the way) and a beach bar which is fine for drinks/lunch.
We were so relaxed by the end of our two weeks in the Blue Note House, nobody wanted to leave and we're all pining for it.
"The most beautiful House in Assos", this is what people from the village were always telling us, as we said we were in this villa. And they were right! This stunning property is a cozy peaceful corner in Assos.
The villa is wonderful, fully equipped and has plenty of space: you can enjoy the pool, two terraces, a small court...the four rooms are big and renewed, very clean and any room has a bathroom. We really enjoyed our holiday there. Koula and Niki have been so nice towards us and very helpful. What else to say? Highly recommended!
Beautiful house with views over Asos, the castle and the white cliffs behind. Beach a two minute walk away, great for snorkelling or general swimming and excellent restaurants on all sides. We were very well looked after by Koula. Thanks to Niki for a great stay!
Nice comfortable villa which is well equipped with great views of village and sea, fantastic location in the lovely village of Assos. Great tavernas just a very short stroll away. Snorkelling was good. Many Thanks Nikki and Koula.
Blue Note House is near some of the top Kefalonian attractions. Assos castle, which dates from the Venetian times can be explored on foot. The cosmopolitan and picturesque village of Fiskardo is only half an hour's drive away. From Assos it is also a short drive to the beautiful port town of Sami, to visit the island's spectacular caves: Melissani and Drogarati. Many world class beaches, such as the famous Myrtos beach, Dafnoudi, Emblysi, Foki, Platya Ammos, Petanoi, Antisamos can be reached easily by car from Assos. The is within 10 minutes' drive. Alternatively you can rent a boat from Fiscardo and explore surrounding beaches and the castle peninsula by sea. You can also indulge in other activities such as horse riding, kayak, hunting, wine tasting, sailing.
If you like trekking, you can explore the mount Ainos, which is 1,650 meters high, one of the tallest mountains on a Greek island and one of 10 Greek National Parks. If you are an airplane enthusiast, you can book a sightseeing flight tour on a Cirrus airplane with 'Flight Experience', the local aeroclub.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£130|
* Please check availability with owner, as the calendar is not updated.
* Rental duration less than 7 days considered if it fills a gap.
* Please Note: no smoking inside the property