Surrounded by tall redwood trees, with a sprawling grass lawn leading to a seasonal beach and river island, Riverwood Cottage has everything you need to enjoy a relaxing and refreshing riverside vacation.
LAST MINUTE SPECIALS -- 15% off rental cost when you arrive within six days of your booking! Or, minimum night requirement may be waived! Email owner for details.
As a guest of Riverwood, you can:
* Walk or wade (depending on river level) to a seasonal island at the center of the river
* Enjoy indoor-outdoor lounging with a 650 square foot deck overlooking the river
* Relax in the hot tub nestled in a stand of redwood trees
* Whip up a delicious meal in the fully-equipped kitchen
* Picnic on the lawn at the picnic table on the grounds
* Cross the footbridge over the creek as you meander down to the river
* Bask in the sunshine on the loungers or Adirondack chairs
* Bring your kayaks or canoes (or rent them nearby) to explore the River
* Roast S’mores and stargaze around the firepit at night
* Cast a line during fishing season
* Drive, bike or kayak to the coast at Jenner-by-the-Sea
* Watch on as the river rolls by and swells in the winter
Arriving at Riverwood Cottage, you will find a cozy, two-bedroom home with large grounds running right to the river. The living room is equipped with a comfy couch, a gas fireplace and a wall-mounted TV with cable. Sliding glass doors lead to an expansive, wrap-around deck with a dining table for six. The deck has numerous other seating areas and nooks for you to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Russian River flora and fauna.
The kitchen is well-stocked with all the pots, pans and accessories you need to create a home-cooked meal, including service for eight. There is a friendly grocery store approximately a quarter-mile away and you can find a Safeway and health-food store in Guerneville, about 10 minutes away.
Don’t feel like cooking inside? Then BBQ on the Weber and dine on the lawn or the deck. There’s a prep sink and a bar area on the lower level, accessible from the lawn, for your convenience. One of the two bathrooms is on this lower level as well and is accessible from the lawn only. Enjoy a cool drink while you watch the children play or join in on a game of croquet and other lawn games. The lower level shower/bathroom is ideal for rinsing off after a hot day or washing the river off the dogs!
Once you’ve snacked and soaked up the sun, it’s time to wind down. Head onto the deck and soak in the hot tub while the stars come out overhead and the sound of the river rushing by lulls you in the warm water. The hot tub is tucked into the corner of the deck, surrounded by redwood trees with a view of the river. Relax the muscles you’ve used to swim, paddle, and bike through the day. Gather the family around the fire pit, tell stories, roast marshmallows, and let Riverwood Cottage help you enjoy your time together.
When it's finally time for bed, you’ll sleep well on the lush pillow-top mattresses. Each bedroom has a queen-sized bed stocked with soft, down comforters. The upper bathroom has a claw-foot bathtub complimented by plush towels and rugs for your comfort.
Maybe someone in your group prefers to have their recreation on terra firma. Tennis anyone? The Monte Rio Tennis and Basketball Courts are a ten minute walk away. In the same center you'll also find a skatepark for the kids. Or, drive five minutes to the Northwood Golf Club where you can golf on a gorgeous 9-hole course designed by Dr. Alister MacKenzie, of Augusta National and Cypress Point fame.
[An event calendar, things to do, restaurant recommendations and more can be found at our website: riverwoodcottage "dot" com (no spaces)]
TOT # 1239N