About the property
- Cabin1500 sqft
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
3 Bedroom, Waterfront, Private Camp Rental With Great Lake And Mountain Views!
Welcome to Eagle Point Lodge on pristine Moosehead Lake. Eagle Point Lodge is a private wilderness getaway offering private waterfront rentals, guided outdoor excursions and many wildlife adventures. With over 40 private acres and 2000 ft of clean water frontage Eagle Point Lodge offers the perfect private getaway on one of the most northern and scenic parts of Moosehead Lake. Surrounded by scenic views, mountains and privacy… all on year round maintained roads, in the middle of Moosehead’s wilderness.
Camp 49 at Eagle Point Lodge has a large downstairs bedroom with a queen bed. There is also a full kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and living room on the first floor. Upstairs is another large bedroom with a Queen bed as well as a loft with multiple twin beds (two set up but 1 more available if needed). There is a basement for storing bags and fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, etc equipment safely where it is clean and dry. A Large deck overlooks the lake and front lawn area down to the lake with outdoor patio furniture and a gas outdoor grill. Camp 49 is finished with all wood inside and has a very cozy, cabin like feel and look. Full electrical power. Wood stove heat with split and dry firewood provided (theres nothing better than sitting next to a stoked wood stove on a cold fall or winter afternoon/evening after a long day of hiking/snowshoeing, riding or ice fishing). Propane furnace for back up and cold nights to make sure the camp is always comfortable. Fully furnished with all of todays modern amenities without a sole in sight!
-Refrigerator and Freezer
-TV & DVD player
-Washer/Dryer (provide own detergent)
-Clean Linens/pillows provided (bring your own blankets/sleeping bags etc)
-Cell service and data at camps(Verizon &US Cellular)
-Gas outdoor Grill for cookouts
-Fire pit on lake
-Deck right on the Lake connected to stairs to the dock
-Kayaks and Canoes Available for rent (35$/day)
-Snowmobile Rentals (225$/Day) right from camp no hassle
-Ice Shacks available free of charge for winter rentals
-Boats available for rent. Will be docked upon arrival. (150-300$/day)
-Trails for hiking and snowshoeing
-Access to Snowmobile trails
Activities and adventures
1. Kayak/Canoe on Socatean Stream – Take a wildlife adventure down Socatean Stream right from the private beach and dock in front of camp. Enjoy seeing moose, loons and other wildlife while taking an easy paddle on a kayak or canoe. Time it up to catch the sunset and take in the breathtaking colors of the sky with views of the mountains in the background. (See Kayak/Canoe Rental Details)
2. Boating – Cruise around and enjoy the most private parts of the lake. Stop and use the boat as a swimming platform to enjoy the clean, cool deep water. Enjoy unbelievable views of Mt. Kineo, islands and catch sunrises and sunsets right from the middle of the lake comfortably lounging on the deck of a boat. (See boat rental details)
3. Private Beach Outing – Enjoy a sunny warm day with friends and/or family by picnicking and exploring one of the many private beaches just a short boat ride away from camp. Check out Pebble Beach, Farm Island or even one of the private beach sites up on Big Duck Cove. Pack the cooler, beach towels, blankets and enough supplies for the day to make an entire outing of it! (Check out our fully guided/set up beach outings and lakeside camping excursions)
4. Day Trip/Hike on Mt. Kineo – Take a rental boat or boat taxi trip (see rental/service details) for a day trip to the famous Mt. Kineo. With just a short 5 minute boat ride you can spend some time hiking the mountain itself or around the mountain base directly on the waterfront. (See details on boat rentals and taxi rides right from the lodge)
5. Hiking/Snowshoeing on Eagle Point Private Trails – Enjoy over 40 acres of trails that go through the wilderness and along the lake. We have a marked and mapped out trail system so you can enjoy hiking during the summer and fall and some of the best snowshoeing available during the winter! Enjoy “stopping” areas with benches along the lake and long easy to navigate trails that cut through the deep woods and wilderness of the backland. See wildlife, animal tracks, different tree and plant species and scenic views while escaping into Maine’s famous North Woods. (See full map of trail system)
6. Fishing – Eagle Point Lodge puts you directly on some of the best Brook Trout, Salmon and Lake Trout fishing in the state of Maine year round! Whether the kids want to cast from shore and catch their first beautiful Maine native Brook Trout, you want to fish the lake by boat for a trophy Salmon/Togue/Brook Trout or you want to take a short trip to fly fish the many streams/rivers/ponds available Eagle Point Lodge has great fishing for all levels and ages. Matter of fact…fishing is our passion and we have years of experience providing fully guided fishing trips on the Lake and many fly-fishing trout ponds throughout the area. We specialize in targeting MONSTAH NATIVE BROOKIES all year round. Ice fishing shacks are available for our rental customers. We have multiple shacks out every winter and they are all strategically placed in private and productive fishing areas. (See details about our guided fishing/ice fishing trips/services) WE GAURANTEE FISH!
7. Lake Life - Relax, cookout, read a book and take in the scenic views of the lake and mountains with family and friends. Spend the day right at camp and out by the dock enjoying everything this beautiful private getaway has to offer.
8. Dock/Beach/fire pit – Enjoy a private dock and pebble beach right in front of our private camp rentals. Swim at the dock and on the pebble beach in the crystal clear, refreshing water. Watch kids play wading and jumping in the water while enjoying the dock and deck space right on the lake in front of camp. Fire pits and picnic table right down by the water and near the docks for nighttime camp fires, roasted marsh mellows and camp fire stories. Stay warm with a cozy camp fire while starring at the stars that will look like they are on top of you in the clear skies of the North Maine Woods!
9. Snowmobile and 4-wheel – Ride for days with trail systems close by that are the best in the region. During the winter you can take a short ride on the lake or take a side trail and connect to main trails for optimal riding. Ride up to historic Pittston Farm and get food and a drink and connect to miles more of superior trail riding. During the summer enjoy some of our private 4 wheel/side by side trails and connect to the main trail system for hundreds of miles of trail views and cruising. The perfect base camp for the riding enthusiasts!
10. Moose Cruise/Wildlife Exploration – The North Maine Woods is one of the only areas where the extremely large and iconic Moose can be frequently seen. One of the best parts about being up at Eagle Point Lodge is hopping in the vehicle and cruising the miles of low traveled logging roads looking for Moose. Until you have seen one of these beautiful creatures up close you will not understand their size and presence. Often you will see cows with there young running around and being playful. Other times you will see huge Bull Moose with massive antlers slowly thrashing there way down the road and into the woods. We encourage all that stay with us spending some time just cruising the roads looking for moose. Many are seen on the ride in and out of Eagle Point Lodge making the ride just as thrilling as the stay sometimes. Do not hesitate to ask us where to cruise for your best chance to see one of these massive famous Maine animals! Also frequently see Deer, Lynx, Bear Cubs, Bald Eagles, Loons and much more wildlife simply hanging at camp or cruising the endless dirt roads of the Northern Maine Woods.
You will not find another full camp/house rental this far up the lake and private with all of today’s modern amenities. Come join us for the perfect private getaway with family and/or friends!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
What makes this Cabin unique
Unlike most rentals available on pristine Moosehead Lake, Camp 49 is absolutely private. These are true PRIVATE RENTALS ... No houses, camps, cabins next to each other. Come enjoy everything Moosehead has to offer with the privacy Eagle Point Lodge and camp 49 offers.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Went there to fish
We went here to fish. There was a ton of snow and the ice was thick, but we did catch a salmon and two brook trout!
A remote setting with everything you could ask for.
All the comforts of home in a remote part of Moosehead lake. Easy to find and all the roads were well plowed from Rockwood.
Loved this property! Eagle Point is truly an amazing location with great views. Phil, was extremely responsive and helpful. We will be back next year!
This was the perfect location in a beautiful setting.
Cabin 49 was ideal. We will be back again!
Wonderful property, perfect family spot
Wonderful stay. Great owner! Beautiful location. We went as a family with several kids and dogs and had a wonderful weekend!
Beautiful, remote, relaxing location on Moosehead Lake
We had a great time exploring by foot and paddle this serene location, spotting moose (6 sightings), bald eagles, loons, and other wildlife. Beautiful lake/sunset views from the cabin, and just a 5-10 minute walk away in a great point for a panoramic view of the lake, swimming, fishing, and picking wild blueberries and bunchberries. Cabin feels remote at the northeesterly side of the lake, yet still a reasonable 1.25 hour drive to Greenville. We loved it and plan to be back. Thanks Phil for the great time!