- English, Greek
I was born and raised up in Rethymno. After finishing my studies in Athens, I return to my hometown. Since I was young I was keen on working in the hospitality business and as my family owns two hotels I learned since I was little to respect all guests and help them create unforgettable memories of their holidays. With 10 years of working experience as a hotel manager in the family’s business, I decided to create my own company and work as a property manager.
Why Owner chose Spili
The Bridge House is ideal for large families or group of friends. The property is spacious, provides all the amenities of a real home and it is very close to the amazing beaches of the south coast!
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Spili is one of the most beautiful villages of Crete, located 28km south-east of Rethymno, at an altitude of 430 meters. The village offers everything travelers may need during their holidays as it has many cafes and restaurants, supermarkets and shops, medical center, pharmacy, bank, ATM machines and post office services. A petrol station is also available just 1km away from the village. Spili has a rich cultural life too as many events take place in the village, especially in the summer time.
Things to do during your vacation in Spili
• Visit the main square and admire the famous fountain “Kefalovrisi” which consists of a row of 25 lion heads. Water flows from the lion’s mouths at the steady temperature of 13 ° C all year around.
• Walk around Spili and spend some time visiting the restored watermills by the river that runs through the village next to the central public parking.
• It worth’s paying a visit to the Folklore Museum of Spili. The museum was founded by the local Women’s Association in 2011. The visitors can see how the traditional Cretan house used to be as well as the agricultural tools and everyday objects the Cretans were using in the past.
• If you are interested in nature and herbs do not miss the “Maravel Garden”. Over 300 species of medical and aromatic herbs grow in this garden. You can either attend a guided tour or just walk around the garden on your own.
• Try walking the path over “Kefalovrisi” that leads to the church of the Holy Spirit. It is 2,5 km long and passes through the beautiful gorge of Spili. During the celebration of the Holy Spirit every summer a big fest takes place next to the church.
• If you like hiking you can try the E4 European trail which starts from Spili and ascends to the peak of the wild massif of Kedros. Kedros, despite being quite low (peak at 1776m), is one of the most tiring places to walk in Crete, due to the high inclination and being full of spiky rocks and steep cliffs. Signing of the trail with the typical E4 yellow-black marks is quite sufficient.
• The magnificent beaches of the southern coast are reachable within 20-30 minutes drive. We recommend you to visit Triopetra beach, Plakias, the famous Preveli Palm Beach, Shinaria, Souda, Gialopotama and Kerame beach.
• In the spring time it is very interesting to visit Gious Kampos Plateau. The red tulip of Crete, Tulipa doerfleri, grows exclusively there at an altitude ranging from 700-800m. Apart from Tulipa Doerfleri many rare endemic orchid species grow there too.