Bee my guest
- English, Spanish, Italian
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
It's an incredibly well-connected part of London, in fact that has been missed by many people who are getting into Central London quickly (after taking the DLR to Bank in about 4 mins, you are pretty much anywhere in Central London within 10-15 minutes.)
The surrounding neighborhood of Shadwell, safe, very multicultural and cosmopolitan is plenty of places to eat something quick and tasty.
Typical central East London neighborhood with a lot of life.
Watney market at the doorstep with its products, oriental shops, colored stalls, everything you need, from halal butchers to Turkish delight, from English pubs to Indian deli, supermarkets and souvenirs shops and so on.
Commercial Road straight into Shoreditch (2 stops with over or around 20 mins walk).
On the other side the Docklands: The Tower Bridge, mostly on the north bank of the Thames.
Hogging a generous chunk of first riverside real estate, tiny Wapping very much wears its maritime heritage on its sleeve. A proud crew of riverside boozers all claim to rich "swashbuckling" history - try the George Tavern or the Town of Ramsgate, too. More than a few of the high-end craft moored in touristy St Katharine Docks
The old warehouses have been converted into luxury apartments and condominiums with modern architecture as well as futuristic skyscrapers have approached the old structures creating the wise mix of old and ultramodern that in London managed to coexist so well.
An example is Canary Wharf, The busy financial center of London with its dazzling architecture
Things to do
- Have a stroll beside the river Thames and the picturesque Shadwell basin
- Visit Tower Bridge and Tower of London
- Coffee in Southbank and enjoy a sunset on the river
- Go for a lunch in Maltby market
- Walk in the romantic St. Katherine Docks
- Join one of the interesting events at Tobacco Dock
- Visit the Docklands museum, in West India Quay
- Visit the financial center of the city, shopping at the huge mall
- Cutty sark and Greenwich, walk on the meridian line!
And many more ...