You can book on our website: www. casamattei. com
A HOUSE CHARGED WITH HISTORY
Character house dating from the 16th century housing an old oil mill. It is located in the heart of the village, in the quarter called "Casa quadra" (or barracks) of Nonza and is a real history book. Rented by its owner who had placed himself at the service of the Order of Malta, it sheltered in particular the Lieutenancy of Pascal Paoli during the short period of the independence of Corsica. Subsequently, it was inhabited by Giovanni Mattei, Corsaire in the service of the Viceroy Gilbert Elliot, during the Anglo-Corsican kingdom. The following years, intrepid commanders of the merchant marine or military who participated in the great adventures of their time as the expedition of the Duke of Luynes in the Red Sea, lived there. It also sheltered very famous hosts such as Pascal Paoli, James Cook (discoverer of Australia) and more recently the painter Léonor Fini or the singer Jean Ferrat.
DESCRIPTION OF CASA MATTEI
The house is distributed on four levels:
- The bottom of the house allows access to the gardens which offer a splendid sea view.
- The ground floor consists of a large office (access reserved to the owner) and the pink room (master suite / parental suite) with a large double bed and a bed of a bed, the all opening onto a large private bathroom and modern with wc.
- On the first floor, you will find the blue room composed of two adjoining rooms to accommodate a double bed and a single bed. The small white room is next door, with a window that offers a beautiful view of an abandoned garden and includes a double bed.
Finally, the green room, more spacious, is at the end of the corridor and includes a double bed. The entire floor is served by a large modern bathroom with toilet with a splendid view of the tower of Nonza.
- On the second and last floor, you will finally find the dining room / lounge with TV (flat screen) and a very functional kitchen (microwave - dishwasher - washing machine, gas cooker with extractor hood, fridge and freezer, oven, coffee maker) .
It is also on the top floor that you will find a large terrace covered with a pergola where you can have lunch or dinner with friends.
The terrace offers a breathtaking view of the gardens of the house, the former gendarmerie, the mountain, the village, the tower, the sea and further afield the Gulf of St Florent.
The living room offers a beautiful view of the black pebble beach, the church and the café de tour under its plane trees.
SERVICES AND EQUIPMENTS OF THE HOUSE
- Crockery available + all the necessary to cook
- Wifi throughout the house
- Sheets and towels offered as an option in partnership with a professional laundry (ask rates)
- Vacuum cleaner / mop
- Hair dryer
- Weber barbecue on the terrace
- 10 people
- 4 bedrooms
- 6 beds
- 2 bathrooms / 2 toilets
RULES OF PROCEDURE
This house is non-smoking.
Unfortunately, we do not accept animals.
Parties and noisy parties forbidden for the respect of the inhabitants of the village.