Cute, Cute, Cute! A Bona fide 1940's (probably older) Log Cabin! It's sweet, small, quaint, funky & located 1.6 mi. from the Square on 1.25 acres. We offer discounts on longer stays also--prices are built into VRBO!
Check our other Properties also: 883663 and 889878 if this is booked. There is a meadow, seasonal creek (w/Monsoon Season or melting snow) and towering elms & cottonwoods (the pine forest is at a higher elevation, 1 mile away). Birds, butterflies & lizards provide entertainment and we have TV with Roku & Hulu plus Sirius Radio. Wildlife goes through nearly every night, especially javelina and raccoons! We've also seen coyotes on the critter cam! There are gravity chairs in the meadow to watch the stars at night!
This one bedroom has a deep Serta Sleeper mattress & high-thread count cotton sheets plus an assortment of pillows, including cervical support or memory foam.
Pets MUST be pre-approved by owner. You will be required to read and sign a Pet Addendum & Pay a Pet Fee.
A layout of the Cabin and view of each room is available at:
Please C and P.
We also have a 2 bedroom Cottage if the Log Cabin is booked: VRBO - 889880
You'll love the interior of this 1 bedroom (Queen-size bed), 1 bathroom (large shower) log cabin with log walls, log ceiling beams and hardwood floors throughout.
The Log Cabin has fascinating features, like the original walk-in closet and built-in bookshelves. Even the vintage wood kitchen cabinets with rope pulls are adorable! We outfitted the dining room with an oak table and kitchen chairs made with rodeo cowboy upholstery! In the living room there is another oak table with hand-painted bears and bear claws on it, a loveseat and 2 rocking chairs.
We provide great high-speed Internet, TV with Roku and Hulu, games, puzzles, cards, and lots of books, magazines and brochures about the area, history, events and cowboy and Native American art and culture.
The Kitchen is Furnished with a Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster oven and Coffee maker. Cooking utensils are provided along with pots and pans, glasses, coffee cups, silverware and dish towels. There is a storage closet with brooms, cabinets and shelves for your extra kitchen items and cleaning supplies under the sink. Coffee and filters, sugar, creamer, salt and pepper, coconut oil and a few other items are provided.
The Cabin is decorated with Antique and Mid-century Modern furniture, Southwestern patterns and artwork of Native Americans, Cowboys and Arizona nature and wildlife. We did some renovations including a new refrigerator, toilet and water heater, so there's nice hot water and good water pressure for the shower!
We scrubbed the floors and logs and put a bright, fresh coat of paint in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen and living room. We've added new curtains, door locks, a keyless entry, hardware, grill and outdoor seating. The front porch has a Flagstone floor with a bench and rocking chairs where you can sip your coffee in the morning or wine in the evenings while you watch the birds and wildlife. We've had a lot of the yellow finches, roosting mourning doves, ravens, and a ladder-backed woodpecker lately.
In front of the cabin we've added native grasses and a seating area. Past the meadow (newly sown with Poppies, Lupines and Southwestern Wildflowers) Miller Creek runs seasonally after snows or Monsoon Season. In back of the cabin an herb garden grows with oregano, sage, mint, rosemary and thyme. You're welcome to cut a few to take home! When in season, there are also penstemon, salvia flowers, clematis, sweet-smelling jasmine, butterfly bushes and grapevines of Chardonnay and Muscat.
In the Bedroom, a high Queen-sized Pine Bed reigns over the bedroom with Iron Scrolling and a deep Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow-top Mattress on top of box springs. You'll feel like the Princess and the Pea on this massive bed! Don't worry--there's a step stool to help us shorter folks! High-thread count sheets, a cottony quilt, blanket and three styles of pillows are available to you: non-allergenic bamboo, doctor-recommended, cervical support or anti-allergenic poly-fill. Wall Lamps provide lighting for night-time reading. The rustic walk-in closet holds built-in shelves for clothes, a chest with a key for clothes or valuables, plenty of room for hanging clothes, a full-length mirror and an ironing board and iron.
The bathroom is clean and bright with a window, new grout in the shower, a pedestal sink and a toilet to which we've added dual flush...up for one, down for two. A medicine cabinet will hold your sundries and there's lots of fluffy bath towels, hand towels and washcloths! Shampoo, conditioner and soap are provided. We try to be non-wasteful with healthy products in bulk or if you prefer, you can choose sample sizes.
The Western theme continues in the Living Room meeting a Mid-century flair with loveseat, antique chairs, and a vintage rocking chair. An iron coffee table with Southwestern cutouts and a a stone top compliment the design. A TV is provided with Roku and Hulu and there is High-speed Internet for streaming movies.
We'd love to have you come visit. There are so many things to do in Prescott and surrounding areas, whether you're driving through on a short visit or staying longer. As the cowboys say in Potter's Cowboy Slang, You're "as welcome as a pat straight flush"!
We also have a 2 bedroom cottage, if this does not suit your needs or is booked. The VRBO number is 883663, "Sparkling, Renovated Cottage". We'd be happy to accommodate you there too!
Dave and Karen
RENTAL AGREEMENT, HOUSE RULES and POLICIES
Thank you for booking with us! This is our new primary business so we want to earn your 5-star review! Enjoy your stay, have fun and please read the Rental Agreement, House Rules and Policies below.
~The Prescott Hideaway
I/We (the Guest) agree to these terms:
• Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
• Additional fees and taxes may apply.
• 100% Refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
• Any damage incurred on the property will come out of the damage deposit.
• Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the premises. By accepting the reservation all guests (or anyone they invite) are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
• Check-in is 4:00 PM. Check-out is 11:00 AM. Owners may be able to accommodate other times depending on bookings.
• Guest must notify Owners immediately upon check-in if anything is wrong or damaged.
• Property is furnished and includes: Television (in cottage), refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster oven, furniture, artwork, bed linens, towels, pots, pans, dishes, glasses and flatware.
• Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
• People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight. Any person visiting on the property is the responsibility of the Guest.
• Guest agrees to no parties or events.
• Guest agrees to respect the neighbors and keep noise to a minimum from 10 PM to 8:00 AM
• Guest must be at least 25 years old to book.
• Parking: Only 1-2 vehicles permitted. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
• No smoking is allowed inside or outside due to wildfires, allergies and second-hand smoke. Evidence of smoking will incur additional cleaning fees.
• The Cottage and Cabin are equipped with fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and a first aid kit.
• There is no daily housekeeping.
• Linens & Bath towels are included. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. No items shall be taken from the units. A blanket by the front door may be used outside.
• Guest may not flush anything other than toilet paper and waste down the toilet. If any feminine hygiene products, excessive toilet paper or anything else has been flushed and clog the system Guest may be charged for damages for repairs.
• Use appliances for their intended use.
• Pets are only permitted in the Log Cabin (not the Cottage) with prior approval. A Pet Addendum must be signed. A pet fee must be paid. Pet is not allowed on furniture. Pet waste must be put in trash. Additional cleaning fees may be imposed. Guest shall be solely responsible for pet while on property.
• Guest will not frighten, harass or engage the wildlife. Observe from a distance.
• Guest will empty garbage into large garbage and recycling bins (blue) located outside.
Whew, that’s done! Have a wonderful stay and enjoy your time in Prescott!