Self-catering rental with air conditioning, cable TV, phone & Internet access
Mr Cedric McMillan Junior
- English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Dirty, poorly maintained, unattractive location
multitude of complaints:
1. kitchen garbage can full of waste when we arrived
2. ant house on bathroom wall that looked like mold on first sighting
3. inadequate supply of toilet paper, paper towels, no napkins - when we told the caretakers they informed us we had to buy our own
4. broken window operators on several windows
5. caretakers told us we had to park outside the complex if we were going out more than once because the gate opening device was inconsistent and they didn't want to pay to get it repaired
6. In adequate lighting in the kitchen
7. The bathtub/shower has not been thoroughly cleaned in a long time - an accumulation of dirt and people hair was prevalent.
8. The sheets in one bedroom was threadbare and appeared unclean - we bought our own sheets.
9. One night the shower was unusable (it literally coughed and spit out filthy water) and the toilet appeared to want to explode - the caretakers blamed the government, but did resolve the issue.
10. The tile floor appears to have never been thoroughly cleaned as the grout is quite discolored and the tiles have many dirty areas.
11. The dishware, cutlery and glassware supplies are inadequate in number. Non stick pans are wearing out and are no longer non-stick.
12. Some of the wicker ware furniture is getting old and has broken sections. The cushions on the wicker chair and couch have long passed their useful life. Both the furniture and the cushions should be replaced.
13. The towels are old and worn out and should be replaced.
14. While the owner lives in England, his parents function as caretakers. While they are pleasant people, it is apparent that they are only caretakers in name only. Other than an emergency and only cursory cleaning I sense that they have no invested interest in the property.
15. There is more, but I think any reader should get the point.
I would heartily discourage anyone from staying at this home. There was a security deposit required, and I can only hope that it is returned. There was so much wrong with this rental and I worry that the failings of this unit will be blamed on me and my wife.
We had a lovely time in Antigua and will return in the near future and I am happy to report that I have discovered several locations that will be far better than this unit.
VRBO should do a better job of checking out the rentals that it carries on its site.
Very comfortable accommodation convenient for the beaches to the north of St Johns.
Cedric was very helpful and welcoming in making arrangements to stay here. The accommodation is spacious and very comfortable and very well maintained and looked after. Nice to be able to sit out on the veranda. I would come back here if visiting Antigua again (which I hope to do). Thank you Cedric.
Property was well cared for. Cottage fully equiped and comfortable,clean and secure.
We only were in Antiqua for one nights stay while in transit. Price was right. Close to some cafes and grocery stores. Check in was at four,however they let us drop off our luggage early.
Would stay there again!
Very good and clean ideally situated on the island
everything was fine with the property we also liked the gate which added to the security the air conditioner in the second bedroom was not working but this did not cause a problem as the other one worked fine and almost cooled the entire property
Our stay at this cottage was excellent. The cottage is well designed and equipped with all of the amenities we needed. It would have been great to have our own gate lock as we did feel a bit guilty waking our landlord at 2am in the morning to park inside. Overall great experience and definitely rebook and recommend. The pictures are not as beautiful as the actual property!
Nice stay at beautiful cottage in Friars Hill near St John - Antigua
Nice stay at beautiful cottage in Friars Hill near St John - Antigua of Mr Cedric McMillan Junior
Very close to beach, 5 minutes to Dickenson Bay beach
356 beaches around the island so good enough for you to chose some for your favorite ones
Nice to try Papa Zouk restaurant in St John only 5 minutes away
I will come back again and start to love this place
Located close to St Johns, two beaches of Runaway Bay & Dickinson Bay as well as Cedar Hill golf course and the Sandals resort. All of which are less than 5minutes drive away.