Panorama Lodge is our family Adirondack camp retreat right on Limekiln Lake in the Central Adirondack region w/ a level sandy bottom 70' private lakefront, with a private 21' dock for your exclusive use, 2 bedrooms(sleeps 6 MAX including Great Room Hide-A-Bed), lavatory/toilet, separate deck-access shower room, & 180 degree lake views with a 64' long wrap-around deck for all day sun. This mountain lakeside camp features a knotty pine Great Room kitchen/breakfast bar/living/dining open design with picture windows and lake views from every seat in the house. Cooking & heat are propane, There is a full size refrigerator/freezer. There is a 4 burner Char-Broil propane grill and outdoor lakeside fire pit for your use, there is a lot of kindling on the property and firewood for sale at many vendors within a mile. As this is our summer home, the kitchen is well equipped with all appliances, gadgets, flatware, table settings, mugs/cups/glasses, cookware, coffee filters(drip makers), common spices(and occasionally some staples - sugar, flour, oils, etc., as paid forward from recent guests or owner occupancy).
Although this is an "end of the road" destination, we are very conveniently located only 3 miles outside the town of Inlet and 13 miles from Old Forge, and we have direct access to the 64,000 acre Moose River Plains Wilderness & Recreation Area via a footpath on the property. This is the main/front camp on the property, the owner occupied guest camp over the garage is behind and to the south of the cabin.
Nearby activities are abundant - hiking mountains & trails, mountain biking trails & rentals, canoe, kayak, motorboat/pontoon and sailboat rentals, seaplane rides, horseback riding, boat tours, fishing, beach activities, outdoor fire pit, grilling out, reading, relaxing, swimming, observing nature, and listening to the Loons.
Nearby attractions & activities include the Vanderbilt's Great Camp Sagamore, the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain, The Wild Center at Tupper Lake, Bald Mountain trail to the Rondaxe Fire Tower, Rocky Mountain, Eagle Cliff, & Black Bear Mountain climbs, WW Durant Lake Cruises at Raquette Lake, Big Moose Inn, The Woods Inn, Seventh Lake House, Limekiln Lake Campsite & Day Use Area beach & trails, Moose River Plains Wild Forest & Primitive Camping, Payne's Seaplane Rides at 7th Lake, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Fulton Chain of Lakes / Old Forge Lake Cruises aboard The Clearwater, festivals, craft shows, VIEW Arts Center of Old Forge, guided nature hikes by Gary Lee, and much, much more...
* This is a "housekeeping" cabin, beds have blankets, mattress protectors, pillows & spreads, please bring your own sheets [ 2 Full[ BR 2 & Hide-A-Bed ] and 2 Twin [ BR 1 ] ), pillowcases, & bath towels/toiletries. Septic-Safe toilet tissue is provided, there is usually a partial roll of paper towel paid forward but you need to bring all additional paper supplies.
* Tap water is very clean from the lake, but is not treated (chlorinated) and is not for drinking (OK for bathing/cleaning/showering, cooking, and brushing teeth, etc.). Please bring your own drinking water... there is a hot/cold water cooler if you want to bring 5 gallon cooler bottles(round or rectangular).
* We have phone service & domestic calling from the cabin, & there is some cellular phone service and very spotty data in the area. Wifi internet access is basic DSL.
* There is a TV w/ basic DirecTV, DVD/VHS player. We have a small family-friendly "old school" VHS library for rainy days.
* Cabin will be clean when you arrive. We do not provide cleaning services so please leave cabin clean and orderly. There is a Hoover Cyclonic vacuum cleaner and cleaning materials on site.
* Please remove all items from refrigerator and take all of your perishables with you at departure.