Lovely and enjoyable holiday home with lakefront garden, swimming pool and boathouse in Ghiffa, Lake Maggiore.
The house (240 m²) is a great choice for a large family or group, with its basic but charming interior and sleeps 10 people in 4 bedrooms:
- On the main floor is a spacious and bright living room with access to the terrace, kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom with shower.
- On the first floor are 4 bedrooms and a bathroom with shower: two bedrooms (facing the lake) with double and single bed, one bedroom (facing the street) with double bed, one bedrooms (facing the street) with 2 single beds.
- On the basement floor is a small area with ping pong table.
Set in a large private garden (2700 m²), this house enjoys panoramic views over Lake Maggiore. In front of the home you’ll find a terrace with table for outdoor dining, and a nice lawn with swimming pool surrounded by deck chairs and sun loungers, ideal for catching the sun and dreaming away while staring at the boats passing by. There is a barbecue and a vegetable garden. By stairs you can go down to the pebbled beach for a refreshing swim or to the private boathouse (bring your own boat or rent one nearby).
This property is situated less than 1 km from Ghiffa, a small village alongside the lake. The town of Intra Verbania is nearby at only 4 km where you’ll find many bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets. From Verbania it is easy to hop on any ferry to explore Lake Maggiore, its beautiful villages and the magical Borromeo Islands, all the way to Switzerland. You can also choose to go for a day out to the city center of Milan (a 1,5 hour train ride away from the Verbania-Pallanza railway station) or Turin. Other one day trips are possible to the famous Piedmont vineyards, the romantic Lake Orta, or trekking in the nearby mountain valleys.
Water, gas, electricity, TV, wireless internet, dishwasher, washing machine, baby bed and high chair, garden, barbecue, swimming pool (30 m² - depth from 1 to 3m), lake access, parking
Extra to be paid cash upon arrival:
- Security deposit (refundable): 500 euro
- Final cleaning, bed linen and bathroom towels (obligatory): 200 euro
- Heating (seasonal): according to consumption
- Boat place (upon request): 100 euro per week
- Domestic animals not allowed
- Tourist tax: to check upon arrival if applicable
Arrival and departure:
Reservations per week
- Swimming pool opened from June until end September, contact us for the exact dates.
- A lady guardian lives on the same property on the first floor of a separate house with her 2 dogs (Jack Russel). The 2 dogs will stay in her apartment or in a small part of the garden dedicated to them.
- The size of the beach depends a lot on the changing altitude of the water, it is not regularly cleaned up so debris will wash ashore. Swimming in the lake is possible.
- The villa is situated next to a main road running from Verbania to Switzerland. Please note that this road can become quite busy during high season. The traffic noise can be heard from the street side bedrooms (its windows are double glazed with external shutters).
- At 100 meter from the house there is a nautical center where you can rent boats.
Private chef and other catering options, pre-stocking, extra cleaning and change of linen, personal trainer and massage, tour guide, boat rental and other extra services (upon prior request - to book directly with the service provider).