Riversdale Lodge was built circa.1910. It is on the banks of the River Wye and has direct access from the garden to the river and the riverside path that leads down to Biblins Bridge and beyond. The Lodge has an outdoor swimming pool (open in the summer from June 1st to September 30th) and has great views of Symonds Yat East and the rapids.
We accept weekly bookings as well as bookings for midweek (Monday to Friday) and weekends (Friday to Monday). Due to the nature of the property we do not accept all male or all female parties (or close to this) - Riversdale Lodge is for mixed groups and families.
6 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, large lounge, dining room and kitchen. Swimming pool
Riversdale Lodge at Symonds Yat West is the place for you would like:
- unobstructed views of the River and of the Symonds Yat valley
- river access via private gate onto the banks of the river Wye
- the great outdoors on your doorstep
- sitting on a terrace with a glass of wine and watching the world go by
- swimming in a private heated outdoor pool (June to Sept)
- fantastic garden for children with zip wire, trampoline, football goal and swing
- watching and listening to the wildlife on your doorstep
- playing pool, table football, watching dvds, with sky (with all sport channels)
- cooking in a large kitchen for 14 wonderful friends!
- sitting in one dining room for 14 overlooking the river
- having a canine friend or two with you
- watching the river wye and the canoeists paddle over the rapids (and capsize)
- getting involved in the canoeing on your doorstep
- walking 10 minutes to the Olde Ferrie Inne for a pint with Jamie the landlord
- walking 2 minutes and getting hand pulled ferry to the Saracens Head across the Wye
- cycling down the river path, going over Biblins suspension bridge and cycling up the other bank to get to the Saracens Head for a beer (25 minutes)
- walking on the same route (all flat) for a pint at the Saracens (60 minutes)
- walking up into the forest and the surrounding woods
- playing cricket or football in the car park (which is huge!)
and many more sightseeing and activities!
The layout of the lodge is: Lounge - with log burner and three sofas, a pool table, a football table, a TV that can be used for games consoles (guests would need to bring console) and also a plasma with Sky HD tv (including all sports) Dining room - with two round tables, one seating 10 and one seating 4Kitchen - with breakfast bar for four Utility Room - with washer / dryer, second sink, drying area
Bedroom 1 - Double with ensuite shower, washbasin and toilet
Bedroom 2 - Two singles (& cot) with ensuite shower, washbasin and toilet (the wooden cot is too large to transfer to other rooms)
Bedroom 3 - Double with ensuite shower, washbasin and toilet
Bedroom 4 - Double with ensuite shower, washbasin and toilet
Bedroom 5 - Two singles and a bunk bed (for two) - with plasma tv and dvd (no tv signal - just for dvd)
Bedroom 6 - Downstairs double with no stairs from front door with ensuite shower, washbasin, toilet
There is also a family bathroom on the first floor with roll-top bath, washbasin and toilet. We allow one or two dogs - that have to stay on the ground floor (Bed 6 is downstairs). Immediately outside the house there is a patio area with 4 wooden benches, two chairs and large table. There is parking for up to 8 cars in the large car park which is at the end of the drive near the house.
The pool is heated and open from 1st June to the end of September. It is 3ft 6" sloping to 5" maximum. It is a private pool for the house - not shared with any other house. Guests will need to bring pool/beach towels for use by the pool. The pool uses an eco-friendly heat transfer system to heat the pool - it relies on the heat of the air to transfer to the water (therefore if there are periods of cooler weather the pool will not necessarily be that warm).
From the car park there are two shallow steps down to the house level, and then one step up into the house. Bedroom 6 is on the ground floor so one or two persons with limited mobility could use Riversdale Lodge.
We are dog friendly and allow a maximum of two dogs per stay. There is a charge of £25 per dog and we do not allow the dogs upstairs in the house or on the furniture! Bed 6 is downstairs - and it has a wooden floor so okay to sleep with you dog/s In the same room. We do ask that dog owners clean the lawns of any poop before they go.
Outside of the school holidays we accept bookings for weekends or midweek breaks. A weekend is from Friday 4pm to Monday 10am. A midweek break is Monday 4pm to Friday 10am. Please contact us for more details.