Whilst most rental apartments do not have on-site owners, we have put in much effort to ensure you have a wonderful, carefree time. We are permanently resident and have lived in this lovely villa for nearly 20 years! However, we can assure you of the utmost discretion and privacy. The apartment is half the villa and although it shares the same grounds, the apartment has its own private entrance and terraces which are not overlooked.
We would be delighted to guide you to the best shops, restaurants, day trips by car, hidden gems in the hills around us, wine tastings, and in fact, any advice you may need if you require it.
We can offer you not only excellent comfort, security and privacy, but can share our lovely gardens and terraces which are full of ancient olive trees and mediterranean flowers and fruit trees.
In the winter months you can access a sparkling heated pool under a blue sky. It is heated between 30 March and 1st June and between 14th September and the 31st October. Temperatures are so good in this part of France that you can dine out at midday under a warm sun.
We look forward to welcoming you into our little bit of paradise.
* The apartment is part of the villa and there are no other units for rental on the property
* Spacious architect designed apartment of 100m2 facing south and all rooms on one level
* it is the east wing of the stone built villa
* private balconies facing south, overlooking the Var Valley to the sea
* air conditioned main bedroom and main living area, with en-suite spacious shower-room. French windows opening onto a private balcony overlooking the hills, river and the sea beyond.
* Luxury Egyptian cotton linen and towels including pool towels. Fluffy bathrobes and free toiletries. All baby linen included, plus cot and high chair
* full library of books for all tastes. Games.
* free Wifi with router.
* satelite TV with English and French programs on flat plasma screen. BBC 1 and 2, ITV, sports included.
* High, spacious, beamed sitting room with ancient glazed terracotta tiled floors and colonial ceiling fans. Reversible air conditioning/heating wall unit. Comfortable seating. Large french windows to private balcony with armchairs and table, overlooking the whole of the valley 300m below. Side window overlooking the ancient, sprawling olive tree and private terrace with your own lemon tree! Comfortable seating, with round dining table and chairs, separate from the open plan kitchen. Reading lamps, Free Sky TV with flat screen in mahogany cabinet. Rugs.
* original paintings by resident artist
* comfort, and elegance in all rooms.
* fully equipped American kitchen with every facility such a microwave, new fridge freezer, oven, electric hob, kettle, blender, coffee machine, iron, kitchen aid, toaster, baby bottle warmer, music, CD base, Bose speaker. Radio. Door leading to beautiful private terrace with BBQ, table and chairs and bougainvillea climbing the surrounding walls. Stunning views of the lights of Nice below. Floodlit lighting under the ancient olive tree.
* private terraces with olive and lemon trees accessible from either the kitchen or main bedroom. Pick your own seasonal fruit.
* Private BBQ on apartment's terrace or principle BBQ and pizza oven adjacent to the pool. Large sun umbrellas and outdoor furniture, both on the private terrace and also adjacent to the heated pool
8x5 metres, and 2.5m deep at one end and 1.50m at shallow end. Summer kitchen with long table and chairs.
Spotlighting under all the trees, around the pool and even in the pool for midnight bathing creating a romantic atmosphere.
(Please note- the pool is not heated in the summer months of June, July and August. The hot summer sun does all the work!)
Lots of sun loungers and shade under the olive trees. Large bar, fridge and BBQ with chimney. Bar stools.
* serenity- very private gardens not overlooked.
* bougainvillea, jasmine, fig, lemon, cherry, orange, and olive trees; terraces covered with dry stone walls and flowers. You can pick your own fruit in season.
* privacy and security with electric gates to secure parking within the grounds.
The apartment is on a lower level than the principal entrance to the villa, but with only 11 natural stone steps for easy access to the private terrace and entrance to the apartment. There is a secure handrail to help you.
* designed for the discerning traveller seeking more than simply a holiday home.
it was created for peace and comfort; a place of serenity to relax and savour the beauty of its surroundings to escape the frantic pace on the seafront in the summer months.
* Children, babies, young or old will find everything here at Le Contadour
ADDRESS OF THE PROPERTY: 651 ROUTE DE ST LAURENT DU VAR, 06510 GATTIERES, COTE D'AZUR, ALPES MARITIMES