Positioned in a hilly area, a few steps from the historic center, Casa Vacanze Il Casalotto overlooks a stunning panoramic view of the territories of the Pollino National Park. Nearby there is a dense Mediterranean vegetation composed mainly of pines, but also beeches and oaks. Nearby there are sports facilities. The village, known for its painted murals, is 9 km from the Ionian Sea. The overnight stay can be daily, weekly, monthly, from € 10 per person.
The house is independent and is delivered clean and sanitized. Breakfast is included in the overnight stay.
You will be able to access all the functions of the house. The two rooms are independent.
For a number of guests above one or for longer periods of stay, of course, the price will be reduced. Contact me for a quote!
The district "Il Casalotto", the name of the homonymous Holiday House, is one of the historical and populated districts of Montegiordano Centro, characteristic for its alleys and for neighborhood meetings that as in past years still today the people of the neighborhood use to stop facing a house or a "large" to socialize and chat. It is difficult to find a country where everyone is greeted and respected. Well yes! In Montegiordano, all the inhabitants know each other and exchange greetings, the guest arriving is always welcome.
There are free parking lots attached to the house.
In summer and during the year in events, the transfers from Montegiordano country to the Marina are guaranteed by the shuttle service provided by the Municipality of Montegiordano.
Just 3 minutes from the house you will find a supermarket and the restaurant "il Murales" where you can enjoy excellent local dishes.
The center of the village, or Piazza Vittorio Tarsia is 3 minutes from the house; near the square there is the Saj bus stop. (right side of the church of S. Antonio da Padova).
Do not miss the opportunity to visit in Montegiordano:
- the Castle and the Castle Estate of the Solano brothers;
- the murals by the artist F. La Teana scattered around the village and the Historic Center, the exhibition gallery of paintings;
- the Frantoio of the '800 family of the Voto family;
- the Timpe (belvedere);
- the chapel of St. Rocco, of the Madonna della Pastorella, of the Madonna del Carmine;
- the "Old" Church and the Calvary;
- the church of San Antonio da Padova;
- the remains of an ancient furnace and a mill near the stream Cardone, under the "Timpa Farina";
- the remains of a Hellenistic-Roman farm, dated from the second half of the 4th century BC C. at the beginning of the III century a. C, in the locality "Menzinara";
- the Quarto Miglio wood and the Curcio municipal forest;
- the waterfront in the Marina and the ruins of industrial archeology of the Zippitelli cement factory.
Also in Montegiordano Marina there are fish restaurants, bathing facilities and public beach with showers.
Nearby you can visit:
-Rocca Imperiale (25 minutes by car): the Swabian Castle, the Wax Museum, the Historic Center;
-Roseto Capo Spulico (20 mins by car): the Federiciano Castle "Castrum Roseti", the Granary, the Museum of the Shells "Children's Museum" (Via Carlo Alberto from the Church), the Palazzo Comunale, "A Cella" (belvedere) , the Historic Center, "Rosetum" the cultivation of the ancient roses of the Achaeans;
-Oriolo (20 minutes by car): the Feudale castle, the La Portella amphitheater, the historical part of the city center "A Terra";
-Amendolara (25 minutes by car): the Archaeological Museum, the Torre Spaccata, for the divers of the Secca di Amendolara, led by the staff of the Italian Navy League and by Ogigia Diving Center of Amendolara.
-Trebisacce (30 mins by car): the "Ludovico Noia" Museum, Arte Olearia and Cultura Contadina, the Bastion, Monte Mostarico, the Porta dell'Annunziata, the Broglio Archaeological Park, the Chapel of St. Giuseppe; the way of water mills.
-Cerchiara di Calabria (60 minutes by car): the Cave of the Nymphs, the ascent of the canyon of the stream Raganello, the exploration of the caves of the Bifurto, the monastic complex of the Madonna delle Armi.
-Sibari (40 minutes by car): the Archaeological Park, the Lakes of Sibari (Mediterranean tourist port).
- Papasidero (120 minutes by car): the Grotta del Romìto.
-Rossano (60 minutes by car): the Amarelli liquorice museum.
- Metaponto (Basilicata, 40 minutes by car): the Palatine Tables.
- National Parks of Pollino and Sila (excursions, hunting, collecting mushrooms and truffles), the ascent of the Saraceno Torrent up to the summit of Dolcedorme.