1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Very important to close the windows and blinds when you leave during the day. Strong winds can pick up suddenly and would cause chaos inside. Best to close the blinds to keep the home naturally cool for when you return. If you leave the blinds up it will be hot. Keep blinds open in winter daytime and closed in winter nights for maximum solar gain in the day and heat retention in the cold nights. This is a duplex, with a neighbor who works full time. Quiet hours are 11pm to 8am. Not a party place. Has a child size (5 feet) floor futon.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Great place to stay!
My wife and I recently spent 6 nights in this lovely rental. Although we were surprised to find the property is part of a tri-plex, we had a quiet and restful vacation. Overall, this property is very pretty and comfortable. It’s situated on the outskirts of the Taos metro area. We enjoyed the centrality of the location for exploring the Enchanted Circle area. Here are some of our takes on the property:
• Great mountain views with stunning sunrises
• A very comfortable King size bed
• Awesome new hot tub with a great view
• Quiet neighbors
• A well-stocked kitchen
• Lovely fenced yard and gardens
• A great travel destination value.
• Pizano’s Pizza is very close by and they make the best pizza we ever ate.
• Access (There are 10 speed bumps on the road leading to property)
• No AC (Despite our best efforts, the July evening temperatures in the home were warm. We brought a small fan, so we did not find it horribly uncomfortable.)
• No microwave oven
• Sporadic communication from the property owner
• Laundry facility is located on the outer west side of the complex so it is somewhat difficult to access. (We didn’t locate it until the last day. You have to go through a neighbor’s yard to find it so we didn’t feel comfortable using it.)
Our entire damage deposit was credited back to our account one week after our departure. If we were looking to stay in the area again, we would be more than happy to re-book this property.
So glad you enjoyed your stay and would come again! Regarding the speed bumps they can be avoided by accessing my street from Blueberry Hill, a parallel road just a 1/4 mile east of my property. Thanks to your feedback I'll add a map to the house manual that points this out. I will look into getting a microwave and AC unit for unusually hot summer days. Both rooms do have ceiling fans, Taos is at 7,000 feet in elevation, the house is made of Pumice and usually very good at staying cool in the summer and warm in the winter, but it has been an exceptionally hot summer! Thanks for the feedback. The laundry facility is available for everyone in the four-plex and neighbors know and expect people to walk through their yards to access it. Sorry you felt uncomfortable, it is a shared system that we are used to and works for the complex. I'll add more details about the laundry room in the manual. VRBO controls when the deposit gets refunded when you pay through VRBO. The only choices VRBO gives the owner is if they want it refunded after 7 or 14 days, and VRBO is even slower to pay the owner, as I still have not received payment from them. Thanks again for your feedback and so glad you enjoyed your time in Taos and at my place!