Ruby Bay, Mapua & the lights of Nelson provide the stunning backdrop for Kereru House at “The Bluffs” - located conveniently between Nelson, & Abel Tasman National Park and only an hour from Golden Bay. This superb self catering clifftop house features fabulous views, with Mount Arthur and NW Nelson ranges on one side and an uninterrupted view of D’Urville Island and Tasman Bay on the other. The large bright, airy lounge includes generous seating, cosy gas fire and a home theatre system. Along with the a self contained upstairs breakfast room, both rooms offer fabulour views along the coast and over the garden. With three balconies and a shady outdoor barbecue area, Kereru House oozes space to relax over a wine or coffee with a different view from every angle. Ideally situated between the Richmond and Motueka townships, Kereru House is only seven minutes drive from Mapua with its restaurants and shops and 40 minutes drive from Nelson city with its museums, art, wineries, shopping and superb dining. One of the many popular Nelson Great Taste/Cycle trails is only a two minute cycle ride away and cycle hire is available in nearby Mapua.
FACILITIES DETAIL: see our website http://www.kereruhouse.co.nz
• Quality bed linen including changes of linen from the linen cupboard (help yourself)
• Bath towels, beach towels, face flannels and basic toiletries - with spare towels available if needed
• Washing machine and clothes dryer
• Some basic cooking & laundry essentials see below
• Complimentary milk, tea, coffee, sugar. Coffee plunger
• Drinkable tap water. Water source is our own underground bore.
• Complimentary seasonal vegetables and fruit available from the adjacent garden and orchard
• Satellite TV, DVD, CD player via a “surround sound”, home theatre system. Music CDs and DVD movies
• Gas coal fire ( cosy open fire in a Victorian tiled fireplace) in the lounge/sitting room
• Heat pump downstairs
• Separate office with internet connection and telephone land line.
• Outside secluded BBQ area overlooking the bay
• Hair dryers
• Two upstairs balconies (off a bedroom and breakfast room)
• One downstairs balcony (off the lounge) and a glassed in porch (off the dining room)
Complimentary stocks of basic condiments:
• Salt & pepper
• Olive oil
• Soya sauce
• Balsamic Vinegar
• Tomato & Worcestershire sauce (homemade)
• Selection of two further homemade condiments
Breakfast provisions (complimentary)
• Home-made muesli
• Selection of commercial cereals
• Fresh milk
• Eggs and bacon for the first day.
Rooms are serviced after each three night stay. Limitations: No children sorry, because of the proximity of the cliff. No animals. We operate a smoke-free policy although guests are welcome to smoke outdoors.
LOCAL INFORMATION, TRAVELLING DISTANCES AND INFORMATION.
Walk to the beach or stroll round our property, admire the views and hand feed our cute Highland cattle.Close to beaches, Abel Tasman, Nelson Lakes and Kahurangi National Parks. Golf clubs, restaurants, shopping, museums and world class dining all within easy short driving distances.
Nearest city & town: Nelson ( pop. 42,000) – around 40 minutes drive from Kereru House. Motueka (pop. 6,000 ) is 15 minutes drive in the opposite direction.
Airport. NZ’s fourth busiest airport is only 30 minutes drive away. Most major rental car companies are represented.
Air travel to Nelson: Ex Auckland, approx 1-1/2 hours
Ex Wellington, approx 25 minutes
Ex Christchurch approx 40 minutes
Road travel to Nelson Ex Picton (from the Interisland ferry terminal), approx 2 hours drive
Ex Christchurch, approx six hours either coastal via Kaikoura or inland via
Lewis Pass & Murchison
Tasman & Ruby Bay stores (5 minutes drive in either direction) sell basic food and grocery items. Mapua Store (7 minutes drive) is a mini supermarket selling a wide range of food and grocery items including liquor.