A fully renovated 60s inspired flat with a fab view of the port. A breath away from the centre yet with the tranquility of a remote island.
The sunny 55 sq.m. apartment is in the picturesque neighbourhood of Upper Town, well known for its small stone-paved streets, old squares and houses in traditional Greek and Ottoman architecture and its unique history.
You 'll love our 35 sq. m. veranda overlooking the Thermaic Gulf, the lovely tavernas and cafés in the area, and the relaxed feel.
My Tsinari Home is a beautifully renovated, fully functional and equipped, one bedroom flat that can easily fit up to four guests in its cozy bedroom and living room. Bedroom sleeps two and in the living-room there is space for two to three people. You can either have two single beds or one double bed plus the couch. Its magnificent view from the huge and comfortably set balcony and the tranquil atmosphere will help you relax and feel at home at once.
You only need to bring over your clothes, your positive mood and your friends (two-legged and four-legged alike ). Everything else will be and can be happily arranged by your hosts.
The flat is very conveniently situated in the heart of the traditional Upper Town (and political) and can be easily reached either on foot -a mere 10'-15' walk from the centre- or by two busses (no 22 and no 28) which leave you very close to the house! A taxi fare is no more that 5 euro from any central place in the city.
There is a bakery, two supermarkets , an ATM, a pharmacy and a hardware shop at a 3' walking distance.
Fully equipped kitchen
Stove, fridge, filter coffee maker, espresso machine, kettle, glassware, pans, pots etc.
Greek, filter, espresso, instant Coffee,tea,cocoa, olive oil, salt pepper, bread crisps, butter, honey and marmalades are provided for your basic cooking.
Fully equipped bathroom
Face and body towels, shampoo,conditioner etc., first aid kit, hairdryer, washing machine, drying rack.
Balcony sits at least five persons and is perfect for your four-legged companions as well! Water and food bowls are provided for our little friends and - God forbid- a pet first- aid kit as well.
This is the most quintessentially Greek, traditional and quirky part of Thessaloniki; unpretentiously alternative, with lots of wonderful hidden spots and little gems waiting to be found. So close to the centre with all its hustle and bustle but quiet, picturesque and off the beaten track. This is a no-nonsense spot for the traveller, the wanderer and the curious at mind. Some of the most representative and unique UNESCO protected monuments in the city are situated in this neighbourhood (Moussa Bassa mosque, St. Nicholas Orfanos church, Vlatadon Monastery, St. David's church etc.) and not to mention the wonderful little shops, bars, tavernas at an arm's reach. Roman Forum is a 7' walk where some of the hippest and coolest music spots and restaurants are located, Bit Bazaar is right next to it with fantastic antique shops and meze places and Valaoritou and Ladadika are the clubbing areas where you can reach on foot in 20'!
If you have a car you can easily park it on one of the free parking spots in the area or hire a spot right next to the house for 3€/ day. Generally, I STRONGLY advise you to get rid off your car during your stay and walk around in the city as Thessaloniki is not renowned for its car-friendly attitude!
This apartment is right in the heart of the beautiful Upper Town (And Poli) which is a mere 10' to 15' walk to the centre. However the local mini bus number 22 stops only 200m away from the house and gives you a great tour of the Upper Town. Also bus number 28B can bring you home all the way from the centre (pictures provided).
If you wish to take your car, there is limited, controlled, free parking space all around the city via a website page and an app ( and an on-demand parking space right next to the flat for 3€ per day so I strongly advise you to move around on foot or taxi/bus.
As mentioned before, there are two supermarkets, an atm, a bakery, a hardware shop and a pharmacy at a 3' walking distance; plus there is a kiosk a few metres away which has almost everything you may need from 08:00 to 24:00! The flat is really close to three basic "arteries": Olympiados, Kassandrou and Agiou Dimitriou. There is nothing you may need that you will not find on those main roads!
It goes without saying that anything you cannot find, I will get for you or guide you to it!
Welcome, once again!
So you 've managed to reach us and can't wait to settle in. Here are some tips and tricks for you to be comfortable:
1. Warm water. Right opposite the entrance door you can see a white panel with all the names of the fuses/knobs. The only one in English is "HOT WATER". turn that up for about 10-12' mins and you are ready to jump in the shower! Please be environmental and energy friendly and turn it off before you go in the bathroom...
2. Internet: Wifi name: Tsinari Home Wifi Key: 15032018
3. Heating/Cooling: There is a very effective air-conditioning unit in the living room. The controller is where the tv controllers are. Use it as you like just please don't forget to turn it off before leaving the flat!
4. Please don't leave the tent open or any unattended items before you leave the flat. There are strong winds in this area and they can bring the whole thing down and risk your own and others' safety!
5. This is a super cool but also super quiet area of the town. Please respect the neighbours at all times and keep the greek siesta times: 15:00-17:30 & 22:30-08:30
6. We provide you with top quality 400gr egyptian cotton towels for your shower; please, do not use them for sunbathing and do not remove them from the flat.
7. This is a no-smoking flat. You have 35 sq. metres of balcony to smoke if you wish!
Thanks a million!