1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
- English, and Google Translate is great for other languages
About Eleanor Paterson
I was born and brought up in Edinburgh, have spent most of my life in this beautiful city & previously worked for the Scottish Government, in roles ranging from Policy Development to briefing Ministers. I own & manage my apartments and, thanks to repeat visits & many positive reviews, now do this on a full time basis. I have created very thorough welcome folders and email out apartment specific (4 page) brochures which have instructions on the various modes of transport to get to each apartment, as well as information (& a map) on nearby bars / restaurants / shops etc and links to things-to-do while in Edinburgh. All in all I’m fully incentivised to ensure that you have a great time and (hopefully) come back again and/or recommend my apartments to your friends!
Eleanor Paterson purchased this Apartment in 2016
Why Eleanor Paterson chose Edinburgh
Quite simply, the best of what Edinburgh has to offer is right on your door step as the apartment is located in the heart of the City (see our map “photo”). Scotland’s premier tourist hub, namely the World famous Royal Mile / Holyrood Palace (the Queen’s residence) / Scottish Parliament / Arthur’s Seat (set in a 650 acre park) area, is within a 5min walk, while a 3-5 min walk in the other direction takes you to London Road (a major bus nexus providing access to Princes Street in 5mins and routes to the Old/New Town, the Royal Yacht in c.15mins and Edinburgh Zoo in c.30mins etc). And, despite its central location, the apartment benefits from much sought after FREE WiFi & FREE on street parking!
What makes this Apartment unique
Without a doubt the apartment’s central location (beside Holyrood Palace & a 650 acre park), pedestrian access to the park, close to the main attractions and ready access to FREE parking has been a major draw. Nearby there is a major shopping centre (5mins walk), other shops / pubs / restaurants, numerous bus stops (including an airport / tour bus stop) and it’s close to the main train station (Edinburgh Waverley). In short, this apartment is a great base to make the most of your visit to Edinburgh! ................ I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
STRICTLY NO PARTIES! NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT or STAIRWELL! … Please respect the no-smoking rule NO PETS ARE ALLOWED! Our apartment is in a residential block, please be respectful of the working professionals living in the apartments around you. This building is their home and as such they are under no obligation to put up with excessively loud music/TV noise and/or smoking in the stairwell. Please bear in mind that our neighbours can, and will, report any behaviour that contravenes these House Rules to the relevant authorities, which could entail a police caution or fine. Finally, enough of the heavy stuff!..... We really appreciate you booking with us & hope you have a wonderful stay in our lovely home. Eleanor
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Very convenient to the Royal Mile. Easy to communicate with Eleanor. Nicely furnished.
Very good value
The apartment was small but very comfortable. We loved the location and the convenience of nearby shops and restaurants, Holyrood Palace, the Royal Mile, as well as the view of Arthur's eat and Holyrood Park nearby. Eleanor met us at arrival, showed us the rooms and how to use the appliances and left us some treats, coffee, milk and bread and butter to get us started. Our only complaint was that it was very hot and muggy in Edinburgh the week we were there, and apartment had poor ventilation. We couldn't reach the handles to open the windows, so apartment was stuffy. We enjoyed our stay.
We had a wonderful stay. The location was so close to Holyrood Palace and the Royal Mile. Arthur’s Seat was just out the back walkway and was truly awe inspiring. We loved staying at the Parkside Royal Flat.
Good Location in Edinburgh
Quiet and great location close to Holyrood Park. Smells musty, but the quiet is great. The unit could be cleaner and the blinds in master bedroom are broken. Easy parking, nice property manager.
Close to the Royal Mile
Close to all the major sightseeing spots in Edinburgh!
Arrived for Edinburgh marathon festival and our location was perfect! Eleanor was very helpful and responsive. Looking forward to coming back!
...........GETTING TO THE FLAT:..........
Transport Links are excellent as the apartment is close to several main bus routes which access most areas of the city and beyond.
A) Bus/Airport: The Airlink 100 service (£4.50) runs from the airport to the City Centre (Waverley Bridge), from where it takes c. 25mins to walk to the apt., although we recommend using a phone GPS tracker.
B) Taxis: Are widely available at the airport (depending on traffic) to get to the flat. Alternatively try calling City Cabs or Central Taxis
C) Trains: Waverley Train Station is a 15-20min walk away. A taxi to/from Waverley will cost c.£7 to get to the apartment. [There is baggage storage at the train station]
D) Car: Nearby access to the city bypass & motorway networks is very useful. It can sometimes be difficult to find free parking in Edinburgh City Centre but Milton Street is probably as close as you can get to the Royal Mile and the Old Town and be able to park for free at all times.
E) Tram: A quick 3 min walk from the airport will take you to the tram stop where you can buy tickets (£6 an adult). Trams run every 8-10mins and it will take c. 45mins to get to York Place (the last stop). Alighting here you can then take a Lothian bus (26 or 44) to Carlyle Place and it is just a 5 minute walk from here or you can walk from York Place which will take c. 20mins
1) Milton Street: The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach. Ideally situated for the Royal Mile (5 min walk), Palace of Holyrood House (5 min walk), Scottish Parliament and Dynamic Earth (5 min walk) as well as having the beautiful Holyrood Park right on the doorstep. There are also numerous festival and 'Fringe' venues (the famous Pleasance through the park, 10 min walk), the Grassmarket and Cowgate (15-20 min walk) Edinburgh Castle (15-20 min walk).
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events.
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Playhouse (15-20mins) & Festival Theatre (20min walk) host an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (1min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said!
All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theaters and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centers and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!