* The studio is registered as a 3-star Croatian Tourist Authority apartment which requires high standards of both facilities and safety. This light and airy waterfront studio sleeps two adults and, if required, we can accomodate a baby in a cot. It has a large walled terrace and is on the ground floor of a 2006 built, secure luxury development on a no-through road.
* There is an free emergency phone linking you with the caretaker who is on call. The secure communal hallway area has granite flooring and sensor and timer lighting for enhanced security. There is space for bicycles. Car parking is easy and right in front of the studio..
* All service and utility charges are included in the rental. One set of freshly-laundered sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels are included in the price. On arrival you will be met by the housekeeper at the Modul Plus tourist office and accompanied to the apartment.
Facilities in the studio apartment:
* The apartment has an open plan living area with air conditioning. The two sets of double doors, with roller shutters and curtains, make the apartment light and airy. They lead out onto the spacious terrace.
* The fitted kitchen area has everything you need for self-catering. Cooking facilities include a microwave oven/grill and two gas hobs. Kettle, coffee maker, toaster and fridge freezer are provided. The dining area seats 3.
* The sleeping area has a double bed (150cmx200cm) with sprung matress
Te lounge area has a comfortable 2-seater sofa. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space is provided. There is satellite and digital terrestrial TV and a DVD/CD player. Free WiFi is available in the apartment. A glazed display cupboard contains binoculars, a small selection of books and old DVDs and a folder with instructions for all the equipment.
* The shower room has shower, toilet, washbasin, mirrored vanity unit, washing machine, drying frame, extractor, heater and it houses the hot water tank.
* Free internet access is available in the studio and at several local bars. There is a WiFi hotspot all around the harbour area.
* If you were looking for a larger apartment, in 2018 we bought a 6 person (2 bedroom plus double sofabed in lounge) 2n'd floor apartment, 200 metres fron the sea (Homeaway property number 8759326) which can also be rented by guests.
Things to do, locally:
* The apartment overlooks a bay of the Adriatic and a designated nature and archaeological reserve with secluded swimming beaches and pleasant, shaded walks. However, the tourist hot-spots of Medulin, where the sandy swimming beach has all your water-sport facilities, is only a short walk away.
* Medulin is a sleepy fishing village of Roman origins that enjoys mild winters, warm summers & clean seas for excellent swimming. It bursts into life in the summer months. There is something for everyone from clubbing in Medulin to walks on the local nature reserve or the nearby Kamenjak National Reserve with its phenomenal coastline and swimming beaches. (It is a Lonely Planet 'must see' and National Geographic designated beauty spot noting that 'spring colours are fabulous')
* Rent a bike & explore the local area or chill out on the beach & experience various Adriatic water sport activities. These include Scuba diving, snorkeling and hire of sailing equipment - from windsurfing to yachts. Take a trip on a glass-bottomed boat to explore marine life or a tour round the islands.
* Walk around the busy harbour & visit the tourist shops. There's a choice of over 50 restaurants & bars in Medulin. Local fresh fish dishes are a specialty and are often washed down with a complimentary plum brandy.
* Local wines & beers are excellent and there is an excellent wine shop a few minutes walk from the apartment. There are good supermarkets, ATM machines in walking distance, and if you walk up to the centre of Medulin you will find a post office, more local shops and beautiful church.
* Inexpensive bicycle rental is available, arranged by the housekeeper. For details please ask on your arrival or book in advance by emailing the owner.
* In the summer you can take a flight in a light aircraft to get a panoramic view of the area. The service is operated from the local airstrip about 4km from Medulin.
* Explore this most beautiful and unspoiled part of the Croatian Adriatic coast ('The Croatian Tuscany') from your base in this studio apartment. The historic city of Pula, a 10 minutes' drive or 30 minute bus ride away, is steeped in Roman history with the largest amphitheatre outside Rome. The amphitheatre hosts summer concerts for all tastes from pop to classical. There is an excellent museum in the old fort in Pula and many of the city's sites are linked via original-paved Roman pedestrian streets. Visit the atmospheric Cafe Uliks where James Joyce stayed. It is right next to the historic Roman town gateway.
* Within easy driving distance (or bus trip) are the towns & Roman sites of Umag, Porec, Vsar & Rovinj. The fantastic Brijuni islands that was president Tito's summer retreat, with it's zoo and golf course, are a ferry trip away from Pula port.
* Take a trip to the stunning National Park & waterfalls towards Rijeka, the Caves at Baradine or a fast-boat day trip to Venice. Most tourist trips can are booked from the tourist offices in Medulin, five minutes walk from the apartment. Many trips leave from that tourist office, others run from the local hotels.
* Car hire is not essential as bus and local tourist services are excellent, but we would recommend it if you want to explore the wilder parts of this beautiful unspoiled countryside. Many quite main road are not tarmaced - a real driving experience. Don't get lost!