Enjoy a unique vacation experience on Andros island, in a comfortable apartment settled in a unique medieval building! Located at the historic but recently restored, "Stone Tower" of the 1690's, it consists of 1 romantic bedroom with built in double bed, an open area where the living room with 1 sofa-bed, 1 dining table for 4 and a fully equipped kitchen are found and the lavatory with bathtub and handcrafted wooden furniture. Pool area is an ideal spot to chill out after a long day of touring.
On the island of Andros, located at the SE region of Korthion Bay, the Stone Tower dominates the traditional residential, pedestrian village of “Aidonia”. (Aidonia is the name of the bird “nightingale” in the greek language). This elegant family mansion was built in 1690 following the traditional architectural style of the so called “pyrgospita”. Minimal rigid lines, thick stone walls, volume and characteristic “sardella” plaster contribute to the impressiveness of the building.
The real value of the house, apart of its historic dimension, is the feeling, the aura of living there. This cannot be depicted in photos or texts. At the moment, the tower is operating as a “boutique” holiday residence, for guests looking for “alternative” style of relaxation and holiday. An open-air swimming pool offers relaxation under the sun or the stars and stunning view over the island, Korthion bay and the endless Aegean sea. Suitable for couples, families with children, lone adventurers, artists and business travelers.
"Aura'' is a pool level apt including a double built in bed, a sofa-bed in the living room area that is suitable for 1 person (*preferably child) and 1 travel crib which will be available only upon request!
· Stone built traditional house
· Built in double bed
· Sofa bed (*suitable preferably for 1-2 children)
· Pack ’n Play/travel crib (*available upon request)
· Microwave oven
· Coffee machine & Kettle
· Electric Hob with 2 Rings
· Shampoo – douchgel - hand soap
· Shared swimming pool
· Patio & outdoor furniture
· Free on-street parking in front of the premises
· Fresh sheets and towels are provided and the apartment is cleaned before each visit.
· Central heating & boiler for immediate hot water supply 24Η.
· Shared washer may be available for our guests upon request and an extra fee may apply. Contact the owner to check for availability!
· Private underground water tank offering free water from the natural spring, in order to be used for watering the garden!
Today, Stone Tower (Pyrgospito) which has been converted in a three level-high residence, each level corresponding to an independent traditional apartment with separate entrance: Pool level apartment, Middle level apartment and Upper level apartment. Each residence is a complete house, offering comfort and quality stay with panoramic view. Beside the Stone Tower, at the place where the ruins of the old stalls were, are the newly built studios. The owners stay there, at the groundfloor studio and they will always be there to welcome you at the house when you arrive. Since we highly value and respect your privacy during your vacation, we will always be available, providing assistance ONLY when needed and requested by our guests!
• You will have the privacy of the entire pool level apartment.
• Shared swimming pool & garden.
• You can either book for separated apartments with shared swimming pool, or book the entire property and have the privacy of the whole Stone Tower unit. In case you are interested in reserving the entire property please contact us to check the availability.
When originally built, the Mansion was a unified building of three levels. Three level stone built towers were typical structures those days in order to protect their upper class residents from pirate attacks, as well as an evidence of nobility. Nowadays, to cover more needs after restoration, the Mansion has been “split” in independent apartments, with separate entrance. Levels of the property, have an “amphitheatric” discipline, thus each apartment is at a different height level and staircases lead to each other.
· At a distance of just 1,5 km, the picturesque fishermen village of Bay Korthion, is offering a virgin long sandy beach as well as market, and a few small seaside restaurants to enjoy local gastronomy and coffee while enjoying the sound of the sea.
Once a booking is made we will contact you with a confirmation email containing important information such as directions and check in instructions.
Either the owner or someone of her trust will always be there to welcome you at the house when you arrive.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!
Stone tower and the apartment's bedroom are accessed by stairs.
• You are expected to treat the house and all of it’s equipment with care. Any specific rules and regulations for the house and its surroundings must be respected at all times. You are also expected to show consideration and respect towards your neighbors. Please be considerate of noise, particularly in the evenings and at night.
• During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to the Property Manager. On your departure the accommodation (furniture & bedding) should be left in a reasonable condition.
• Do NOT flush toilet paper, paper towels, cotton buds, feminine products, etc in the toilet. Please use the bins provided and help us maintain function of our plumbing system.
• Smoking is permitted only outdoors!
• Family friendly & LGTBQ friendly.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation on those issues.