Discover the historic and magnificent Piraeus coastal city and natural port of Athens, located 12km south-west of the city centre. One of the oldest districts in Attica with lots of neoclassical houses & traditional neighborhoods. Our home consists of 2 colorful bedrooms with double beds, comfortable living room with non-working fireplace, a 2nd sitting area, 2 dining areas, bar and a fully equipped kitchen. There's also a bathroom with built in shower and large veranda offering sea & city view.
The house is located in Kallipoli neighborhood and it is suitable for couples, families with children, group of friends, lone adventurers and business travelers. The living room has balcony access on both sides, the one with the decorative fireplace and the comfortable modern sofa and the 2nd sitting area which is decorated with antique furniture. Here modern meets the past and interfering one another in details. Between them there is the carved wooden dining table for 4 and the classy wooden bar. The large and fully equipped kitchen consists also of a comfy dining area and has balcony access on both sides as well. Enjoy your stay in this spacious apt with its large balcony, a really great spot to chill out and have a cocktail after a long day of touring.
• 2 Sitting areas
• 2 Dining areas
• 2 Bedrooms with double beds
• 1 Sofa-bed
• Washing machine
• TV & DVD player
• Oven & hob
• Microwave oven
• Coffee machine
• Sandwich maker
• Yoga mattress
• Iron & Board
(!)The fireplace is decorative, please do not attempt to use it.
Fresh sheets and towels are provided and the apartment is cleaned by professionals before each visit.
You will have the privacy of the entire apartment.
Once a booking is made we will contact you with a confirmation email containing important information such as directions and check in instructions.
A member of our team will always be there to welcome you at the apartment when you arrive.
• Rates include a one-time linen setup for 1 double bed / 2 guests. Linen setup for extra beds require special arrangement and will be charged an additional fee of € 7.5 / extra bed. Please contact our Reservations Team to reserve extra bedding prior to arrival in order to guarantee full service delivery.
Check-in begins at 2 P.M. Check-out time is 12 P.M. Late check-outs require special arrangements and may be subject to an additional fee of €15. Refunds are not given for late arrivals or early departures.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!
• We would like also to inform you that Home Rentality provides transfer services, 7 days a week. Pick-up transportation is available upon arrangement and the payment is done directly to the driver. Feel free to contact us for further details.
Piraeus is divided in 3 parts: The Great Harbour (Megalo Limani) that serves ferries to the Greek islands and Italy, the picturesque port of Zea (Marina Zea's) and Mikrolimano (Small Harbour), a beautiful area full of restaurants and bars. If you take Akti Miaouli Str., continue along the street to visit the Lion of Piraeus and enjoy a coffee with Port view. Alternatively, turn onto Klissovis Str. to reach Hatzikyriakio where you can try the excellent food served at the local taverns. Further down Hatzikyriakou Str. you will find the premises of the Hellenic Naval Academy and Theotoki Str. will take you to Piraiki’s and Kallipoli’s seafront road. Here you will find anything you need for an enjoyable stay. Kallipoli neighborhood is served by banks, 24hour ATMs, grocery stores, bakeries & super markets. There are seafood taverns open here and you can admire the remains of the Cononian Walls on the famous Piraiki rocks. You can continue this route to Zea Marina and from there go on to Pasalimani. Pasalimani neighborhood is 2.7km far from our building, within 13mins by car.
• Extra tips:
- Tourists and locals seeking an authentic flea market experience meet at the famous historical Piraeus Flea Market – Bazaar. A true flea market, held every Sunday morning from 7am until 2pm, by the metro station, is the gritty alternative to Monastiraki’s famous swap meet. The market, which stretches back parallel with the train line for as far as the eye can see, is a happy and colourful place where you will really feel like a local. The market, selling everything from clothes to home goods, is a lively, gritty and authentic place where you shouldn’t be afraid to bargain your way to a good deal.
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, the project site is located 4.5 km south of the center of Athens, on the edge of Faliro Bay, within 7km away from our house. The SNFCC is designed as a multifunctional arts, education and entertainment complex. Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced in 2006 its plans to fund the development of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), a project that includes the construction and complete outfitting of new facilities for the National Library of Greece (NLG) and the Greek National Opera (GNO), as well as the creation of the 210,000 m² Stavros Niarchos Park. Education and culture are the backbone of any advanced society. In funding the SNFCC, the Foundation’s vision is to provide the country and the city with the new institutional foundations it needs to move forward and with a framework for the future. Education, culture and sustainability, the SNFCC’s three main elements, are essential requirements in enhancing the potential of the city and its people and placing them within a twenty first century global context.
*All entrances of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center are accessible for people with disabilities and wheelchair users. Wheelchairs are available to facilitate transportation for people with disabilities within the SNFCC premises.
- Acropolis of Athens, the greatest sanctuary of ancient Athens, dedicated primarily to its patron, the goddess Athena, dominates the centre of the modern city from the rocky crag known as the Acropolis. The most celebrated myths of ancient Athens, its greatest religious festivals, earliest cults and several decisive events in the city's history are all connected to this sacred precinct. The monuments of the Acropolis stand in harmony with their natural setting. These unique masterpieces of ancient architecture combine different orders and styles of Classical art in a most innovative manner and have influenced art and culture for many centuries. The Acropolis of the fifth century BC is the most accurate reflection of the splendour, power and wealth of Athens at its greatest peak, the golden age of Perikles.
• Shops / bakeries / super markets:
Promitheftiki super market: 200m (118 Karpathou & Sklavounou str.)
Kritikos super market: 240m (Akti Themistokleous & Ragkavi str.)
Sklavenitis super market: 450m (113 Irodotou str.)
Ok! Anytime Markets, 24h super market: 850m (36 Theochari str.)
Georgakopoulos Pastry Shop: 76m (99 Marias Chatzikiriakou str.)
Mastronikólas Patisserie: 110m (77 Karpathou str.)
Exarchos Bakery: 450m (29 Filikis Eterias str.)
Piraeus Sunday Flea Market – Bazaar: Near the Railway Station
Thanasis Souvlaki restaurant: 150m (3-4 Karpathou sq.)
SPEARMINT delicatessen: 1.4km (42 Freattidos str.)
Thalassaki restaurant: 500m (310 Akti Themistokleous)
The rock of Peiraiki: 450m (300 Akti Themistokleous str.)
Parmigiani Italian restaurant: 2.3km (11 Akti Moutsopoulou str.)
Rouan Thai restaurant: 1.8km (131 Notara str.)
CHE Cocina y Barra Sudamericana Mexican restaurant: 2km (151 Karaiskou str.)
Istioploikos restaurant: 3.2km (Piraeus Sailing Club - Akti Mikrolimanou)
Phráoula crepe: 3.3km (24 Navarchou Votsi str.)
• Café - Bar:
Tony Bonanno bar: 3.3 (63 Papanastasiou str. former Vas. Pavlou)
Corks & Forks bar: 1.5km (Akti Themistokleous & 1 Pargas str.)
Don Kihotis bar: 3.6km (68 Leof. Al. Papanastasiou)
Belle Amie café bar: 2.2km (11 Aggelou Metaxa str.)
TROUBAR discotheque: 1.9km (131 Filonos str.)
Noka Café: 300m (8 Soutsou str.)
National Bank of Greece: 750m (51-53 Filikis Eterias str.)
Post office: 350m (88 Klisovis str.)
Metaxa Cancer Hospital of Piraeus: 1.1km (51 Mpotasi str.)
Tzaneio Prefecture General Hospital of Piraeus: 1.5km (Leoforos Afentouli & Zanni)
Sports Complex:350m (244 Akti Themistokleous str.)
Valia Vasilakou Pharmacy: 120m (90 Karpathou str.)
Piraiki – Stavros: 350m (5mins. Walking distance)
Votsalakia: 4.1km (36mins. Walking distance)
Conon’s fortification walls of Athens: 400m (298 Akti Themistokleous str.)
Zea Marina: 2.1km
Naval Academy Military School: 1km (48 Leof. Chatzikiriakou str.)
Nautical Museum of Greece: 1.5km (12 Akti Themistokleous str.)
Monument Genocide of Pontian Greek Piraeus: 2.6km (5 Akti Kountouriotou str.)
Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: 7km
Archaeological Museum of Piraeus: 1.6km (31 Char. Trikoupi str.)
Peace and Friendship Stadium: 5.6km
Dimotiko Theatro Pirea - Performing Arts Theater: 2.4km (32 Leof. Ir. Politechniou)
Municipal Art Gallery of Piraeus: 2.6km (29 Filonos 2str.)
Ietioneias Piraeus ancient walls gate: 4.1km (58 Kanari 58 str. Drapetsona)
Electrical Railway Museum: 2.9km (275 Akti Kallimasioti str.)
Piraeus Old Railway Station: 3.6km (300 Akti Ietionia str.)
Acropolis of Athens: 11km (Athens centre)