'La Roche' is a fabulous Provence villa with raw stones and curved windows, placed on a mountain side 1,5 kilometers (5 mins by car) above Tourettes-sur-Loup.
The Provence villa is placed on a mountain side just 1,5 kilometers above Tourrettes-sur-Loup, with an amazing view of the Cote d’Azur. The house is from 1950’s and has undergone total renovation around 1990 adding to the house an open design with a lot of natural light.
When you book the house 'La Roche', you have the whole place to yourself and share the pool area with guests in the neighboring house.
The pool area and the 8.000 sqm of land are shared with the other house of the same size in the plot, see other listing in our profile should you be interested in renting both houses. If you rent both houses there are facilities so all guests can be together and have their meals in one of the houses. The two villas are placed next to each other but separated by an olive tree and as such you will not feel you take part in the other guest’s holiday.
Svend and Mireille are ready to help you out should you have any questions since they live in the manager’s residential which is placed by the entrance of the plot. You'll get their contact info when booking, and can ask them all your questions.
During winter season (January to late March) you should go skiing at the beautiful ski resort of Gréolières-les-Neiges. It takes only 45 minutes by car and is a great place to take the kids skiing for the day and then head back to stay in the house.
The house is really well located because you are away from the busy life in the coastline but not further away than you can enjoy the whole scenery from the terraces and easily drive to:
- The sea in less than half an hour
- Monaco in less than 45 minutes
- Nice airport in 25 minutes
- Cap d’Antibes in 40 minutes. Cap d’Antibes has the Picasso museum, an impressive marina which yearly hosts a lot of yachts and mega yachts and Marineland Antibes which daily has spectacular shows with dolphins, killer whales and sea lions. Next to Marineland other amusements as ‘Kid’s Island’, ‘Adventure Golf’ and ‘Aquasplash’ are placed.
- Cannes in less than one hour. Cannes has the famous Cannes film festival yearly and the pavement with handprints and signatures of actors.
If you want to visit some of the characteristic French villages you have:
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence with the museum of modern art ‘Fondation Maeght’, 20 minutes away
- Vence with the famous street in the old town where you can by all kind of food and wine, 15 minutes away
- Tourrettes-sur-Loup which is 3 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk. Tourettes-sur-Loup is an amazing small village with the charming small streets with shops and town houses surrounding you with a lot of flowers from the small balconies.
If you are interested in enjoying the nature there are guided tracks in the mountain starting out from just behind the villa. Other kinds of sports in the area are for instance:
- Skiing in the winter – the nearest ski station is a Gréolières-les-Neiges, 39 km away