About the property
- Villa3013 sq. ft.
- Separate WC's1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Casa Bella Fonte is a delightful restored farm house, set in beautiful gardens. Secluded at the end of a 300 meter long avenue of walnut trees yet only a ten minute walk into to the historic Medieval town of Montalto delle Marche. With views across the picture postcard landscape to the Adriatic, enchanting gardens, a separate studio flat, ten metre pool, library, cinema and a stunning treehouse the property has everything for a fun and relaxing holiday. Dine on the terrace, create memorable barbecue nights, relax by the water feature explore the woodlands, sip a glass of Prosecco by the pool or have fun in the treehouse.
Casa Bella Fonte (the house with the beautiful spring) is a perfect summer holiday rental for one or two families or a group of friends. there are 3 double rooms and a room with 3/4 single beds in the main house with an additional separate double room in front of the house for those who like a like extra seclusion.
The house is particularly fun for families and the house is equipped with cot, highchair, toys, library and cinema if the weather is inclement.
There a many good shops, bars and restaurants closeby and the coast and mountains are both a short drive away.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Feb 12, 2018
Hi, We - Lynne and I - are a retired couple who live in London. I was a university lecturer in design and restoring our Italian house was a project we worked on for several years to make it into a family home in the sun.
Rupert purchased this Villa in 2003
Why Rupert chose Province of Ascoli Piceno
We viewed well over 30 properties when we were looking for a holiday home and when we found casa Belle Fonte we knew it was by far the best we had seen and we decided to buy straightway. The views are unmatched and the setting is perfect, just a 10 minute walk to town and yet, as it is at the end of a 300 metre long avenue, completely secluded.
What makes this Villa unique
As mentioned above the key to the magic of CBF is the location, with views to the sea across stunning countryside we know of no property with such a superb setting. The other thing that makes CBF special is the well tended and mature gardens that surround the property on all sides.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
There is a lively local market every Wednesday morning in Montalto from 8:30 to 12:00 ish. Most supplies can be brought locally, Montalto has:
· 2 Greengrocers
· Small (secret!) supermarket
· 4 bars
· Post office – with working ATM
· Art goods, maps and postcard shop (also does photocopying)
· Fresh pasta shop(great)
· Pastry shop (will bake you a cake to order)
· Hardware store(well stocked – batteries etc)
· 2 butchers (best is on the main road out of town, amazing own prosciutto, sells cheese) · Take-away pizza (not open evenings)
· Bank – ATM currently not accepting UK cards
· Museum (Paple ceremonial costumes)
· Petrol station (lovely chap, please use)
· Garage (very good, but hope you don't need it)
Just 5 minutes drive from Montalto there is a well-stocked small COAL (pronounced “co-al”) supermarket in Patrignone. Turn left at the top of the gravel road, drive down the hill and round a few hairpins until you get to the junction marked “Cossignano” straight on, “Castignano” to the right. Take the right turn and follow the road round the bends for half a kilometre, looking out for the “Coal” sign on the right. You need to go to the chemist for medicines – aspirin etc.
Note the Italian shopping times – shops will open around 8:30 and close 12:30 ish. They don’t open again until around 4:00 until 7:00-8:00. Some shops close Thursday pm. The greengrocer and petrol station are open Sunday morning in the summer.
• Quatro Vento pizzeria in Montalto (closed Monday)
• Castello de Marte: Consangano: (15 minutes) an excellent restaurant in the bar in centre of
the old town – good for veggies!
• The Hotel del Duca: Montedinove: (5 minutes drive) has a fine restaurant, great steaks
• Due Pine: Agrotouismo in Patrignone: (5 minutes drive, a couple of bends after Coal
supermarket) quantity over quality
• Ortezzano: (15 minutes) In the centre of town are two good restaurants. On the main road
at the bottom of the hill is a pizzeria – Mama Rosa, the only one locally open on Mondays.
(not the best)
• The pleasant seaside town of Grottammare offers the rare luxury of a free beach in an Italian seaside town, just 30 minutes drive from the house.
• The Sibillini National Park begins 35-minute drive west. Towns
• Offida, with a spectacular eleventh century church – now museum – perched on an outcrop of rock with a sheer drop on three sides, 15 mins
• The regional capital is the medieval city of Ascoli Picena, 30 mins
• Fermo evening flea market winding through the cobbled inclines (summer Thursday nights,
• San Benedetto has an interesting fishing harbour with excellent seafood restaurants and
seafood stalls as well as a vast food and clothing market (35 minutes Tuesday and Friday
• Ripatransone perched high on a hilltop offers some of the most spectacular views in the
region and boasts the narrowest lane in all Italy, 25 mins
• Montefalcone having said that Ripatransone has the best views, visitors to this small town
perched precariously on the edge of a mountain might well argue, and then there is the
castle with its lookout tower, 25 mins
• Macerata hosts the world famous open-air opera in a Roman amphitheatre, 60 mins