Groups with children will adore this rustic and rather quirky country villa in the Dordogne. There is plenty of outdoor space and the salt water swimming pool is in an enclosed courtyard. Three of the four bedrooms are set up family style, with a both a double and a twin bed. You’ll be charmed by the original details - worn wooden beams overhead, antique fireplace facades, and gorgeous stone terrace.
This family villa’s outdoor kitchen is a boon if you venture to one of the local markets! Sunday is market day in the nearest village, Bourdeilles (4 km), where you’ll find fine cheese, local produce, and foie gras. Farther south is Périgueux (20 km), where there’s a larger market and a bustling town.
This region is also an educational opportunity. Périgueux is home to the Perigord Museum of Art and Archeology, and Gallo-Roman ruins. Another nearby city worth a visit is Brantôme (7 km), where the Dronne river runs beside stunning gardens and architecture - rent a canoe and paddle past the Benedictine Abbey, chateaux, and fortresses nearly 800 years old. From this villa, the Dordogne's history is at your doorstep.
The villa is located at 4 km from Bourdeilles, one of the most well-known villages in Dordogne. Its Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC are certainly worth a visit as are its local shops and markets. On-site activities include tennis, canoeing and horse riding.
Brantome (7km) is a stunning town reminiscent of Venice. The abbey is a highlight, with boat trips and canoeing amongst the favourite activities here.
Périgueux, famous for its amazing golf courses, is also easily accessible.
Local Activities and Amenities
- Public tennis court: Bourdeilles
- Golf: Marsac sur Lisle, Perigueux (24k's) (Tel : 055 353 6590)
Canoe/kayak : Brantome Canoes, Rte. de Thiviers, Brantome. (Tel : 055 305 7724)
Watersports : Canoes Bourdeilles Loisirs 8Tel : 055 304 5694); Les Canoes du Moulin, Lisle (Tel : 055 354 9371); Lac de Jemaye, St. Andre de Double (43k's approx.) Pedaloes, canoe, quad bike etc.
- Beach: Lac de Jemaye or along the River Dronne
- Fishing along the River Dronne, permits can be bought from bars and shops in the area
- VTT/bicycle hire: Cycles Spad'Zone, Brantome. Tel : 0553 080 265
- Horse riding: Ferme Equestre de Naudonnet, Bourdeilles (3k's approx)
- Local produce market: Lisle (Tuesday), Brantome (Friday and Sunday), Thiviers (Saturdy), Tocane St. Apre (Saturday).
- Restaurants: Auberge de la Truffe, Sorges (Tel : 055 305 0205); Les Freres Charbonnel, Brantome (Tel : 055 305 7015); Hostellerie le Donjon, Bourdeilles (Tel : 055 304 8203)
- Pharmacy: Brantome (Tel : 055 335 8484)
- Doctor: Berecos, Constantin (Tel : 055 303 7276)
- Bank: Brantome
- Cash machine: Brantome
-Tourist information: Brantome (Tel : 055 305 8052) and Perigueux (Tel : 055 353 1063)
-Bourdeilles: Feudal Fortress XIIC and Rennaissance palace XVIC side by side, majestic! Tel : 055 303 7336
- Villars (20k's approx): Chateau Puyguilhem XVIC, early Rennaissance and Les Grottes de Villars
- Brantome (7k's): Benedictine Abbey, troglodytical caves, and famous for its restaurants
- Perigueux (24k's) Two thousand years of history and lots of shopping!
- Public Gardens to visit : Les Jardins de l'Imaginaire, Terrasson;
Les Jardins de l'au-dela, Brantome; Jardins de l'abbaye, Brantome (Free visit)
Jardin du Chateau de Mellet, Neuvic sur l'Isle; Jardins du Chateau de Hautefort, Hautefort;Jardin du Chateau de Jumilhac, Jumilhac le Grand; Jardin du l'Institut du Tabac, Bergerac.
- Night life: 'Le Village', Chateau l'Eveque (between Brantome and Perigueux)
- Kitchen accessing the pool area behind
- Sitting room
- 1 'family' bedroom with a double and a single bed
- Shower room with WC
- 1 'family' bedroom with a double and a single bed (stairs from kitchen)
- Twin bedroom (stairs from sitting room)
- 1 family' bedroom with a double and a single bed and ensuite bathroom with separate shower stall and WC (stairs from sitting room)
- Saltwater swimming pool with Roman steps (size: 10 x 5 m / depth: 1 m - 1.8 m) and alarm system
- Poolside shower room with WC
- Stone-walled Pool area
- Covered terrace
- Barbecue area
- Separate private garden area with fruit trees and benches
- Lawn area
- Internet broadband access
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Cot & High chair
- Table tennis
- Washing machine
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
Security deposit: €400 per week charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival.
Arrival time: Between 16.00 and 18.00 (If you are unable to do so please contact owner to advise estimated time of arrival)
Departure time: Before 10.00 a.m.
Linen & towels included?: Yes. Linen changed weekly: Extra linen is left in the property, if requested at the time of booking. Pool towels are not included.
Pets welcome?: On request. Please enquire.
Insurance: Adequate travel insurance is required.
End of stay cleaning included?: Yes
Minimum stay: 7 nights
Other Ts and Cs: The property is available from mid June to mid September.
Other 2: Please note there are low ceiling heights between the kitchen and living area.
Smoking Allowed?: Outside only.
This is a beautiful 4 bedroom property located in Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France.
This villa, in Valeuil, is a comfortable property sleeping 10 people.
The property has 2 bathrooms.
The villa offers superb accommodation, including modern luxuries such as a swimming pool, cable TV and a DVD player.
You can easily kick back and relax, making use of its great facilities.
This wonderful villa allows pets.
The villa unfortunately does not currently have disabled access.
If you’re interested in staying in this lovely villa for your dream holiday, get in touch with the Travelopo team today!
This property has the following amenities:
Cable TV, DVD player, games facilities, pets allowed, swimming pool