Villa Rosanna, just 10 km from the center of Florence, 3.5 km from the village of San Donato in the hills, 500 meters above sea level. The villa is surrounded by woods, an ideal place to relax, take walks along the ancient Roman road and Etruscan sites. From the hill you can enjoy a panoramic view of Tuscany, from Florence to the Apuan Alps, from the Arno valley to the Chianti area. Excellent location to visit historic centers of the Florentine territory, such as Arezzo and Siena.
The Villa is located in a small cluster of houses in the hills and in the middle of a large forest, along an ancient Roman road. The place was already known in the times of the Etruscans. From the terrace of the apartment you can enjoy a wonderful view from the Valdarno, the mountains of Vallombrosa and Pratomagno, Chianti.
The Villa is divided into two independent apartments, one for guests and one for the owner.
The apartment, located on the mezzanine floor, of 130 square meters, is furnished in ancient Tuscan style and has:
- 1 double one with private bathroom with shower and toilet,
- 1 double bedroom with a bathroom next to the other with a bath-shower
- 1 double with 2 single beds with a toilet with a shower on the ground floor going down the stairs,
- 1 extra bed in the living room with fireplace or in the veranda.
The Villa has heating in each apartment and hot water with solar panels. It has free internet.
In the garden we have a small dog, Lilly, very sweet and friendly.
Included in the price:
energy and water expenses, wood for the fireplace, internet, washing machine.
On arrival you will find essential food, water and milk, biscuits. On request possibility to provide food products directly from local farmers.
- Dogs are welcome if well behaved, with cleaning charge of 20 euros.
- Possibility to directly order honey and jams of our production and from our farmer friend the Chianti wine, oil and salami.
Check in: after 15.00
Check out: 10.00
The check-in and check-out times can be variable and to be agreed.
- Lunches and dinners with chef at home, pizza evenings in our tavern.
- Walking or horseback riding at 4km.
- Numerous trails for trekking and mountain bike riders passing a few meters from the house; the most famous is the "Ring of the Renaissance", with a visit to the Convent of the Encounter, to the "Monasteraccio", a suggestive ruin of 1000, along the "hobbit path" or along the "water lily stream". -
- We have a shelter for bicycles. Available for each guest paper material on the history and trails of the area.
- Search for black truffles, between May and June, with trained dogs
- Wine tastings in castles and farms in the area
- !!! We provide FREE for every guest MAPLOU, a web app that allows you to explore the area and Florence, following itineraries and offline maps previously uploaded by us.
- Around the house there is a large garden with olive trees, fruit trees, and relaxation area with hammocks and barbecue. The house has an organic vegetable garden, produces honey, jams and olive oil.
- A tavern with a wood-burning oven and equipment to bake pizza and bread accessible on request.
- 2 terraces
- Private parking.
- A beautiful veranda with a large table for lunches and breakfasts next to the kitchen.
-The kitchen equipped with fridge, dishwasher, gas stove, coffee machine, kettle. There is everything you need to cook including salt, sugar, oil .. as well as detergent products.
- A large terrace with a table for breakfast in the morning or to savor the silence of the place.
- A large terrace behind the house where you can rest on deckchairs or have a barbecue.
Interaction with guests
Interaction with guests
We live upstairs and we will be at your disposal for any eventuality, to help you organize your stay and to tell you the place of Montecucco, to live it.